Ads

Considering the single target Magus post the changes to Bolt of Change

Let's talk about... everything else
TheSockPuppet
Suspended

Re: Considering the single target Magus post the changes to Bolt of Change

Post#31 » Wed Feb 22, 2017 8:49 pm

Arteker616 wrote:list of stuff.
1.Indigo fire of change. change it to tick each second. to get it online of engi focused fire.
2.TS firestorm. switch it from aoe targeted to st with aoe , like sorc shadow knifes or fireball barrage stile.
3.perils of the warp. reduce cast time to 1 sec.
4: fiery wind tactic. useles , i would switch it to become a elemental debuff aplied when enemy is hit by one of the fire line spells . would save the pain of the useles pet debuff wich handicap magus big time,
5: withered soul . change debuff to 5 ds and block or 10% ds reduction.
6:lasting chaos, change the ap for hps .
7:Agonizing torrent aply aoe snare reduce cd to 10 secs(for daermon dps magus)
8: aegies: turn it into a big rune or bubble with big dame shield component . make it casteable on others , reduce cast time to 30 or 20 seconds( order could not complain, but instead get more slayers with spellbreaker).
9: daemonic pact: remove the need of a pet , and give magus hugue armour buff thoughnes wounds( for the magus which want to play mele style).similar to sh tactic to run without pet,
1) There are other channels out there that tick every 2 seconds and i don't think there is somethign wrong with that, however the AP should be spend every 2 seconds as well.
2) I don't think it will change much, but as long as the targets "update" with each tick, it would be a vast improvemented...hell, everything would be an improvement if one takes into account how shitty the current version is.
3) Wow there buddy, put that thing back in your pants, at 1 second cast time PotW is just insanely OP for A LOT of reasons (Proxitimity in the build tree, the dps it provides, the fact it cannot be delayed easily by melee once it begins) to go into detail.
4)Not useless, just not very useful (no tactics in the tree needs to be useful in my opinion, but if it isn't useful it should be fun/lead to alternative builds). I have seen some folk who run flickering fire troll builds who use it.
5)I have to agree that withered soul should be in line with the engie version...not that you should aim for the tanks to begin with...but it would be nice if it was more "balanced".
6)No comment on that.
7)Too damn OP, magi are not SHs and the "duel" builds, althought neutered, can kite and cc melees to some extend, besides, you already have the rift for snare.
8)I have to admit that the fact the "Aegis" was a wound buff and not a proper shield always bothered me, also, judging that the magus mirror class has a VERY USEFUL SURVIVABILITY ABILITY FOR THE WHOLE DAMN PARTY IN THE SAME SPOT ON THE SAME TREE...i suppose it wouldn't be too insane for the ability to give a 1000 damage shield with the thorn effect for 10 seconds in every member in the group within 100 feet in a 1 minute cooldown...ESPECIALLY IF ONE TAKES INTO ACCOUNT WHAT THE OTHER ABILITY DOES.
9)No comment on that, but i don't consider it a good idea...too damn OP.

Ads
catholicism198

Post#32 » Wed Feb 22, 2017 11:11 pm

Some of these suggestions- borderline demands- are so outrageous.

Why not just ask the devs to give you Keep Lord status/stats. It would make things so much easier.
Tankbeardz wrote:
Spoiler:
I think that a happy medium of 7-8 seconds would be fine. The reason it was changed to 10s was because of the added range in with the pet buff. I remember reading that it might be reverted once they had client control. ATM...I don't think engi snipe needs to have the CD changed back because engi has much faster burst (barring high armor targets).

Magus / Engi will never be premade killers without tools like heal debuff and silence...but I seem to do ok with them, in general. Lately, on the magus, I have been running different version of ST spec that matches or outperforms the typical BoC rotation (rend winds / surge of insanity / occasional BoC). I use the extra range and crit on changing to get that long range IFoC kill instead of relying on BoC so much
The Magus and Engineer did have a silence at one point. Then it just went *poof.* But the Engineer still has AE disorient (with tactic), which is not as good as a silence but still nice and the Magus had a single target ability as their disorient but... yeah. Gone.

Maybe the devs will re-introduce some old abilities or create some new ones to shake things up a bit.

peterthepan3

Post#33 » Wed Feb 22, 2017 11:43 pm

In terms of ST potency, the 5 second BoC was honestly working pretty well. As mentioned above, don't want to be asking for too much.

TheSockPuppet
Suspended

Post#34 » Thu Feb 23, 2017 12:06 am

I accidentally made a double post while trying edit my spelling errors...i am such a dingus...
Last edited by TheSockPuppet on Thu Feb 23, 2017 10:17 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Tesq

Post#35 » Thu Feb 23, 2017 2:40 am

1- Magus channeling is not meant to tick Every 1 sec is meant to tick Every 2 sec. Is mirrored with bw one.. it suck only in the secondary effect . It should be changed to a snare like bw version and have his tooltip updated considering he have not the crit of bw and the crit dmg tactic do not boost this skill crits. The bw channeling is actualy better because the secondary eff help you make the kill on a class that do not need help to kill something while the magus does and instead get rewarded if it kill something for a class wich have problem kll guard ppl

2 - i see nothing bad with firestorm it may be not performing but this dont mean it need to be changed; rather his radious suck should be 30 feet not 20... Also to make it more in line the pet ele debuff should be aoe. This would help firestorm .be more relevant and would justify a aoe+ st build first + mid path but no rift. It seems that yhese classes have the feeling of battlefield masters/controll (not in the the sense of CC). Swap between st and aoe should be allowed to them if specced for it ( thus they loose rift doing that).

2-b is also not performing due dissist be a 13 pt skill; fix IBF and put diss mist in his place will make FS and diss mist combo better for some aoe serious moment so you are not only relegate to play as. Rift bot.

peterthepan3

Post#36 » Thu Feb 23, 2017 10:17 pm

Firestorm has no place in a Single-target tree. Honestly feel that it should just be made spiritual, swapped with Indigo (Indigo made elemental), and then you'd have a proper mid-aoe DD spec (dots, mist, firestorm for filler)

Whitesands

Post#37 » Fri Feb 24, 2017 12:36 am

peterthepan3 wrote:Firestorm has no place in a Single-target tree. Honestly feel that it should just be made spiritual, swapped with Indigo (Indigo made elemental), and then you'd have a proper mid-aoe DD spec (dots, mist, firestorm for filler)
Conceptually, Firestorm does fit better with the Change Mastery line and Indigo fire with the Havoc single target mastery.
Magus: Daemonfire
Engi: Handcannon

Whitesands

Post#38 » Fri Feb 24, 2017 12:38 am

As can be noted by the comments in this thread. The weak state of the single target magus is well recognized. During the time when Bolt of Change (BoC) had a 5 second cool down, the single target magi was able to compete and offer something to the battle field that was desired by groups (the same could be said of the Engi with snipe). BoC was moved to the 13 point placement of the Havoc Mastery line. My sense at the time, was this was done so only magi fully committed to the Havoc Master could take advantage of the 5 second cool down. What has happened is:

1) Bolt of Change was returned back to a 10 second cool down

2) Bolt of Change remained at the 13 point Havoc placement

Having played and tested the single target magus post the changes, I am arguing the 5 second BoC should be restored. The many comments in the thread indicate I am not alone in this sentiment. If this will not be done, the single target magus will remain an afterthought when it comes to RDPS which should not be the case given a viable alternative did exist with the 5 second cool down. Moreover, with the current state of things, BoC's change to the 13 point master comes under serious question. What is the rationale for keeping BoC at the 13 point mastery, if the 5 second cool down is removed? This means the ability is harder to obtain and also weaker. This not only affects the single target focused magus, but a host of other magi mastery builds, as now many hybrid mastery builds are no longer possible. The single target focused magus has been weakened and the class itself has been damaged. BoC should be changed back to the 5 second cool down and/or BoC should be returned to it's original Havoc mastery placement.
Magus: Daemonfire
Engi: Handcannon

Ads
catholicism198

Post#39 » Sat Feb 25, 2017 6:32 pm

peterthepan3 wrote:Firestorm has no place in a Single-target tree. Honestly feel that it should just be made spiritual, swapped with Indigo (Indigo made elemental), and then you'd have a proper mid-aoe DD spec (dots, mist, firestorm for filler)
A Firestorm that deals spirit damage- hmmm.........................................

I don't understand why people want it moved so badly- It's not as if you can't Spec for both BoC and IFoC- or do people just want it moved so that it'll benefit from the 15% crit chance tactic in Havoc?

...Even if they were to move it to a different mastery you'd still consider it to be nothing more than 'filler...' that mastery will be left with nothing but mist.

They could always just change it to a channeled single target ability similar to Lots o' Arrers, and others like it so that it doesn't completely replace IFoC- which is just used for its initial damage then canceled after its first tick;
"Creates a great column of wind and flame that engulfs the target for Y seconds repeatedly dealing X elemental damage as long as you maintain concentration"
It basically turns it into a channeled single target DoT.
...But that requires client control and it's own balance forum discussion. Sound fun though?

Tesq

Post#40 » Sat Feb 25, 2017 8:55 pm

Not at all, havoc mean destruction and a vortex(firestorm) is a raw strengh thing, it dosen't fit into the mutation theme of the mid path at all.
same can be said for the secondary eff of indigo blue fire; it should be changed from ap self regain into a debuff onto the enemy. Firestorm is labeled into the correct path, that path also have aoe lemental dmg option, if they are not efficent they should get buff not rewamped for no reason. IF ppl want that bad the crit stuff from indigo etc then a change to crits tactic for magus would be teh best course: actually merge the two 15% crit tactic onto the mid path one would be the best solution.