Trickshaw

Re: [Official Poll] Pug Scenario

Post#411 » Sat Aug 15, 2020 1:28 am

GamesBond wrote:
Thu Aug 13, 2020 1:13 pm
Trickshaw wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 3:12 am
Why is there a poll in the first place?

Why can't it just get swapped out weekly like the other scenarios? I can't POSSIBLY be the only person who has thought this in the entire time RoR has been active.
The pug SC is played by solo and duo players. Most players prefer specific scenario maps over others. Some like flag captures while others hate it.

It doesn't hurt anyone..
I can't and will not speak for anyone else. I don't use words like "most players" or "anyone" as, aside from myself, I have no idea what other people like or do not like.

What I **can** say is playing Mourkain's Temple for god's know how long now makes me want to strangle myself with my own mouse cord.

Ads
wargrimnir
Head Game Master

Post#412 » Sat Aug 15, 2020 1:32 am

Trickshaw wrote:
Sat Aug 15, 2020 1:28 am
GamesBond wrote:
Trickshaw wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 3:12 am
Why is there a poll in the first place?

Why can't it just get swapped out weekly like the other scenarios? I can't POSSIBLY be the only person who has thought this in the entire time RoR has been active.
The pug SC is played by solo and duo players. Most players prefer specific scenario maps over others. Some like flag captures while others hate it.

It doesn't hurt anyone..
I can't and will not speak for anyone else. I don't use words like "most players" or "anyone" as, aside from myself, I have no idea what other people like or do not like.

What I **can** say is playing Mourkain's Temple for god's know how long now makes me want to strangle myself with my own mouse cord.
That sounds terrible. You should seek help. Take a break from the game if you're having thoughts like that.
[email protected] for exploits and cheaters.
grimnir.me Some old WAR blog

Trickshaw

Post#413 » Sat Aug 15, 2020 1:33 am

wargrimnir wrote:
Sat Aug 15, 2020 1:32 am
Trickshaw wrote:
GamesBond wrote:

It doesn't hurt anyone..

That sounds terrible. You should seek help. Take a break from the game if you're having thoughts like that.
lol

I like the cut of your gib.

TwistedSister77

Post#414 » Sat Aug 15, 2020 1:47 am

Trickshaw wrote:
Sat Aug 15, 2020 1:33 am
wargrimnir wrote:
Sat Aug 15, 2020 1:32 am
Trickshaw wrote:

lol

I like the cut of your gib.
I was once put in a place where I wasn't allowed shoe laces or a belt... and yes, my keyboard and mouse were wireless... for my own safety :lol:

Meliannia

Post#415 » Thu Nov 05, 2020 9:06 pm

last 6 week have been destro bias melee ball bias centre zerg meatgrind king of the hills,, there used to be variety 1 week king of hill 92% destro win, 1 week tactical brains based scen eg serpent or phoenix or gates ekrund , or nord 62 % destro win, can we not go back to alternate weeks? if you are losing you should at leats be abel to take other points on map or have little 2vs 2 fights, not just sit at base to avoid 12 man melee ball pack who just hold 1 central point without ever havigb to split up, use map, or worry about other bases or objectives,

Sonnyblack04

Post#416 » Mon Nov 09, 2020 8:08 am

How long does a que take? I have the feeling it takes up to 1 hour until a a pug scenario opens?

Psychopski
Suspended

Post#417 » Fri Feb 26, 2021 2:38 am

I'd request that we never again see an event like the Stonetroll Crossing Event. Perhaps one of the least enjoyable scenarios as far as requiring 3 victories, 10 total scens completed, and this scen can drag on forever with little rewards for time invested. It's the only weekend event I just gave up on because it was so unenjoyable.

I'd also ask that the event requirements be suited for all classes and/or at least doable. Having to run flags, run bombs, hold the Tor Anroc artifact as an event check box isn't well suited for all classes and can in fact work to the detriment of the team. For example if a healer bails on their team mates in order to to run one flag or one bomb in order to "check the box" for an event. Or if a DPS class would berequired to carry the Tor Anroc artifact in order to check and event box this would work out great for ranged dps but not so great for melee dps because of the damage sustained while being in melee combat + the artifact damage and the fact that they'd be risking losing the artifact to the opposing team.

I really do enjoy most the weekly events(and great rewards!) and really enjoyed the Reikland Factory weekly, Night of Murder and Keg's End Events. It's a shame that these weekly events weren't around during live. Hat's off to RoR devs for the great quality of life changes and for keeping things fresh.

PS. I'd love to see Mourkain Temple make a come back, if it's doable, but with perhaps 3 objectives(make use of that far back area in the swamp where nobody ever goes!) and/or a mechanic that puts a bit of strategy in the mix rather than this map only befitting the best geared melee zerg. I'm not sure if it's nostalgia from launch that makes me interested in this scen or that it can be a fun scen when teams are somewhat even, but I'd love to see Mourkain Temple revamped and in play. Though who knows because it's so small relatively speaking this map might not be salvageable.

Avelinna

Post#418 » Mon Mar 01, 2021 12:33 pm

One thing ive noticed Gates of Ekrund is never on the list. Its a good balanced scenario and make for some epic fights. Will we see it in the future as it is extremely popular.

Ads
wargrimnir
Head Game Master

Post#419 » Sat Mar 20, 2021 3:01 pm

Black Crag Keep or Maw of Madness? Very close. Poll closing soon*

wargrimnir
Head Game Master

Post#420 » Fri May 28, 2021 8:24 pm

How many months until it rotates from Nordenwatch I wonder?