Recent Topics

Ads

Leveling is painfully slow

Let's talk about... everything else
CegeePegee
Former Staff

Re: Leveling is painfully slow

Post#21 » Fri Mar 10, 2017 7:12 pm

T2 and T3 were merged in an effort to help those newer players. All it takes to be successful in T2/3 is c o m m i n i c a t i o n -and- p a r t i c i p a t i o n. All the tools are there for you to succeed, I'll even break it down with an example:

I log in on my T3 chosen and see that even though there are ~35-50 players on on each realm there is no open wb for destro. so I either look to guild chat to talk someone into coming to t3 with me or i pop into /t3 and see who wants an invite. From there I convert the party to a wb, go to the manage warband screen and i make the wb open. from there i relentlessly spam /t2 /t3 and /5 until i have enough people to start taking bos. it usually will very quickly snowball into a full wb and eventually a zone siege. Rinse, repeat until you're 31 at which point you *debolster* and from there you can take you rr as high as you want before heading off to t4.

Debolstering and remaining in the combined tier nullifies the issue of being booted from open t4 war bands when you're sub40. Incidentally, I never see 32-39s getting kicked from open wbs during NA hours, I guess the EU crowd can afford to be so choosy.

Ads
CzarRedwall

Post#22 » Fri Mar 10, 2017 7:19 pm

It's the game you find painful, not the process.

What kind of game would this be if we just sidelined all content pre-T4? Getting to r40 is an achievement in itself, not something that is handed to you. The reward of putting in time and effort to reach rank 40 is a requirement that imo should not be made 'easier' because a few players are upset it is taking too long.

Also, the game doesn't 'start' at t4. It starts once you enter the game. :D

Sejanus

Post#23 » Fri Mar 10, 2017 7:48 pm

If you've never played before, I'd recommend just being patient, doing quests, exploring, reading everything, learn the game you're playing and try to comprehend how all the mechanics work together. Don't even worry about the leveling, just play.

Being fairly familiar myself already, having several 40s on live, and several here, I can understand the pain of re-leveling characters. I've never worried too much about renown, because it can be easily gotten at t4. Again, just takes a little bit of time. Whether you're RR 20 or 40, the 60+ players will still crush you regardless, but you can spec yourself defensively and stand a chance of helping your group in the very least. A low level body is better then no body at all. You have to understand that you're going to die. Once you accept your deaths, and learn more about positioning and maneuvers, you'll be less likely to be instagibbed.

Leveling can be incredibly quick if you know where to go and what to do. I got my lvl 16 Magus to lvl 29 in about 4~ hours of playing solo.

Tesq

Post#24 » Fri Mar 10, 2017 8:09 pm

if you really need to join t4 as fast as you want, then a 3 man party aoe spec for farm will carry you till t4.

Dabbart

Post#25 » Fri Mar 10, 2017 8:20 pm

Merging T2 and T3 was specifically so people could have some activity in those ranks... previous to that all the lower zones were entirely dead. Now, you can functionally PvP from 1-40.

But personally, I don't actually think you can learn that much from a low rank toon. You don't have the tactics. Mastery, or core abilities o function as you will at 40. So it's easy to learn bad habits...
Azarael wrote: It's only a nerf if you're bad.

(see, I can shitpost too!)
Secrets wrote: Kindly adjust your attitude to actually help the community and do not impose your will on it. You aren't as powerful as you think.

Fayy

Post#26 » Fri Mar 10, 2017 9:48 pm

You are mistaking me as a new player. I played live and the leveling was alright due to it not being dead in the lower tiers. I can do rvr for like 2 hours and get 10% xp, same with SCs. Questing isn't exactly great in warhammer. Its sad that the best way to level is to farm mobs. Obviously farming players is better but it rarely happens. No ones goal is to be stuck in dead t1/2/3 forever.

Torneach

Post#27 » Fri Mar 10, 2017 10:07 pm

I'm new to this server (having started about a week ago) but played extensively on Live and I agree with you and think I might know what a major contributing factor is (at least in Tier 1).

So as I've been playing in T1 over the past week, I've noticed something really odd in the RvR lakes (meaning Nordland since nobody ever leaves that shithole, but that's another topic entirely). We'll get a decently good fight going, about 20v20 or so, and then rather abruptly half of one side simply evaporates. In the space of 60 seconds, a great RvR fight turns into a chase to the warcamps and the cannon dance begins.

The only explanation I can think of is that all those people have circumvented the lockout that exists for people in Warbands (or run around solo in the RvR lake) and hop into scenarios at the first opportunity. Of course, nobody actually talks in T1 so this is a complete guess on my part.

This leads me to wonder whether the T1 population is even strong enough to support both Scenarios and ORvR. Both are suffering, leading to the rather dreadful experience down there (really, roll a new character and try to have a good time in Nordland right now, it's seriously awful).

I have other observations regarding the overall feel of the community but they aren't relevant to the topic at hand. But leveling in T1 ORvR/Scenarios is just awful and I can't wait to get the next 3 levels on my Knight to get the hell out of there.
Defensor, Knight of the Blazing Sun, Guild Leader of Resilience (USTZ)

anarchypark

Post#28 » Fri Mar 10, 2017 10:20 pm

Go farm t2\t3 BO champs
SM8, SW8, AM8, WL7, KoBS5, BW5, WP8, WH7, IB7, Eng5, RP5, SL6
BG8, Sorc8, DoK8, WE7, Chs8, Mg8, Ze7, Mara8, BO6, SH7, Shm5, Chop4
SC summary - viewtopic.php?f=8&t=20415
( last update : 2020.06.09)

Ads
Eathisword

Post#29 » Sat Mar 11, 2017 11:35 pm

Tbh, I think somewhere in the vicinity of 4-5 days played is needed anyway for most people on most classes to become somewhat competitive, experience wise and gear wise. So I dont believe that needing to use 24h-48h of those 100-150h to reach level 40 and get basic gear is actually ''long''. I have yet to look up a decent player on armory that isn't close or past 5 days played yet.

That being said, on a first toon, if you wanna rush to T4, PvE is the way to go.
#1 - Its fast. Lots faster than PvP. Can get you to 40 in 4h to 12h depending on solo/group/powerlevel.
#2 - If you also learn scavenger + talisman making, you will reach T4 with a bunch of blue and purple talis + about 100-150 gold. So you can actually gear up ok and get the fast mount right off the bat.

And yes, people in T4 will expect you to be rank 40 and have somewhat decent gear to group up with you (unless you know them), so get ruin/stalker, make yourself decent talisman, get epic weapons + PvE jewel set (Winds impervious is good on every class as a new T4).
Farfadet, RR72 shaman
Volgograd, RR80 IB
Video thread here.

riddleout

Post#30 » Sun Mar 12, 2017 7:43 am

Real issue I've seen and experienced here is that leveling is so damn boring during NA time cause no one is online, unless you are in t4, there is zero pvp action to speak of and no one to do PQ's with. So grinding mobs is really the only choice to level quickly.

I honestly believe that there should be an experience boost for PVE (quest completion, npc klills, Public quest completion xp) under lvl 32 based on the number of players online in the current tier. Kind of like AAO but something like YAAA (You Are All Alone) (lol). would make NA time that much less painful so us ror weekend warriors can play in those t4 zergs.

IF YOU JUST WANT TO RUSH T4
currently farming battle objective champ mobs are the way to go for leveling. Even healers can solo them with ease, it's all about using detaunt and then healing yourself.
NA West when it's 8:30pm-1:00am is the best to do this cause you know... you're all alone.
PapaOpe-Shaman