Recent Topics

Ads

Leveling is painfully slow

Let's talk about... everything else
Izay

Re: Leveling is painfully slow

Post#61 » Wed Mar 15, 2017 8:20 am

I too want to play again but I simply don't have it in me to level anymore. I don't know if it's because I'm older now or what but I want to play and make progres alongside thepopulation where it matters because that's where I left off in the game. Most MMO's have accepted the fact that leveling is something most players do not enjoy and embraced selling potions/levels to their customers to milk them over their shitty design - I'm not saying it's like that for WAR, but some of us just don't like the long process, specially when you've already done it.

I wish that you had the option here to make at least 1 character Lv36./RR30 or whatever to participate in T4 although I can see strong opposition to the idea with the mentality of "we had to do it, you should too." At the very least perhaps consider some limited XP events for players like us to level up quickly and for veterans of RoR to level alts.

Ads
Yaliskah
Former Staff

Post#62 » Wed Mar 15, 2017 2:26 pm

Well you feel thats slow all ? :). I don't share your opinion.

But let say i agree with you.

Let imagine we increase lvling rates ( let say x3)
You will be T4 ready in a very short period. Great.
I can't wait the moment where one of you will come here and say " Ok, got the lvl but haven't the stuff cause it was too fast, and all high lvl are destroying me in T4, bouhouhou..."
So, after 7 pages of complains, we will increase inf and drop rate too.
In few time, all those who are in T4 will be stuffed in conquerors and rr80, and all ppl in lowest tiers will cry cause there is none to fight, do sc, and in extenso increase their renown rank.
Those in T4 will say : add content cause it is boring or they will leave. Those in T1 will come here and post EXACTLY the same post we have actually.

Before T2 and T3 were merged, quest were x3xp x3money. Ppl have cried because they were unstuffed and hadn't related RR when in T4. So We have already tried this, and seen the consequencies.

FYI, have created a BW 10 days ago "just to see". I played it (alone without any friend to help me lvling it, without rushing anything) less than 7 hours. He is 33/23 actually with T3 stuff, the last lock ( and my first) have taken in T4 ( caledor ) gave me 120k+ XP and 2RR lvls.

If you think that playing 7 hours in a MMO is too long, well... consider you are not made for MMO. :).

So no. I don't share your opinion. It is not painfully slow.

Torneach

Post#63 » Wed Mar 15, 2017 3:16 pm

Your above points are taken well and I agree with them 100%. Trying to level too fast to get into T4 is a surefire way to cripple your character once you make it to T4.
Yaliskah wrote:FYI, have created a BW 10 days ago "just to see". I played it (alone without any friend to help me lvling it, without rushing anything) less than 7 hours. He is 33/23 actually with T3 stuff, the last lock ( and my first) have taken in T4 ( caledor ) gave me 120k+ XP and 2RR lvls.

If you think that playing 7 hours in a MMO is too long, well... consider you are not made for MMO. :).

So no. I don't share your opinion. It is not painfully slow.
This is what gives me a bit of trouble - how did you handle T1? I did the same thing, started leveling a Knight about ten days ago and it took me a whole week to make it through T1 - playing a solid 3-4 hours a day, mostly within EU Primetime (although now I'm back in NATZ and shudder to think how long it would have taken if I had been in T1 NATZ...).

Did you PvE grind until level 16 and then pop over to mid-tier? Did you get really, really lucky with zone locks in the Nordland lake? Did Scenarios pop constantly without much downtime? Did people leave Nordland and go to the Dwarf or Elf zones?

Because my T1 experience was, as I've stated, pretty damn slow - most of my later leveling came from grinding mobs and running PQs with the few people I could get in a group. Once I made it to T2/3 things became much, much, MUCH better.
Defensor, Knight of the Blazing Sun, Guild Leader of Resilience (USTZ)

Yaliskah
Former Staff

Post#64 » Wed Mar 15, 2017 3:37 pm

It was pretty simple :

T1 : ORvR + related quest when active + Scs + Some easy pqs.
When 16-24 : Still ScS and ORvR in T3 when possible or mob killing/quests in T2
When 24 : City quest ( can be done at 12 afaik) + 4 Skaven quests ( the lab is the hardest) + ScS
When 25-26-31 : Some grind, PQs + SCs + T3 RvR. Visit Quests.

Note i have taken Sc quests , RvR quests, etcetc...

birigozzo91

Post#65 » Wed Mar 15, 2017 7:11 pm

it would be nice also an instant 40 lvl server with renown level 30, green starting equip for everyone where people have fun and they're all in one tier, so you play in zones full of people, you can farm ruin, farm scs, rvr or whatever but you don't have to exp :)

ryckazan19

Post#66 » Wed Mar 15, 2017 7:23 pm

birigozzo91 wrote:it would be nice also an instant 40 lvl server with renown level 30, green starting equip for everyone where people have fun and they're all in one tier, so you play in zones full of people, you can farm ruin, farm scs, rvr or whatever but you don't have to exp :)
This is not a bad ida, t1/2/3, zones are becoming boring and already with a lesser number of players, having the possibility to start at level 40 could grant the chance of trying more characters, but the main thing is that you could focus on pvp/rvr =)

Afterlife92

Post#67 » Wed Mar 15, 2017 7:49 pm

If you have a mate to boost you there is a nice squig spot in BC. You can get to lvl 40 with t2-t3 BO guards fast also. At lvl 28 start farming ruin set and do the epic quests for weapons. RR to 40 shouldn't be an issue.
Bakir

Welch - DoK / Welchz - WP
Paperboy - RP (R.I.P) / Meekz - Zealot
Welchs - AM / Littlez - Shaman
Kriksos - Mara / Skengman - Engi

CegeePegee
Former Staff

Post#68 » Wed Mar 15, 2017 9:55 pm

This is seriously one of the easiest mmos level in. Has the ultra-easy-mode of crap games like WoW created this mentality that all mmos should be fast and easy? If you want an insta-max-level character to play, might I suggest trying MOBAs instead? What's being asked for in this thread goes against the very core of mmos.

But at least I now know why there are so many badly-played characters running around in t4, pretty hard to be good at a class that you barely know anything about because you pve'd your way to 40 :/ And thus the power gap in T4 is allowed to widen. Remind me again what the benefits of
rushing to t4 are?

Ads
Mcgotrek

Post#69 » Wed Mar 15, 2017 10:06 pm

1) Queue up. Always.
2) Enter active zone and roam (if you're capable of it) or spam /2 to find people to make a small group (queue with them).
3) Dont derp around semi afk in Altdorf. Ever.

To be honest, we dont need more people in t4 who have powerlevelled to get there. Learning your class starts at lvl 1 and some of the most fundamental mechanics are learned (or should be learned) before t4.

Some of the most epic fights I've seen wasent in t4 but in t3. If possible, try not to see your road to lvl 40 as a chore but as a journey. You'll get there eventually and right now, t4 is pretty overrated.
Last edited by Mcgotrek on Wed Mar 15, 2017 10:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Lowki Lyesmith
Gatebreaker Bjorrik Rjufendr
Mogens Wyrdmake
- 3rd Bitterstone Thunderers.

Torneach

Post#70 » Wed Mar 15, 2017 10:12 pm

Any leveling issues are not the fault of the developers or the game design. It's the fault of the community failing to take initiative and create content. An active zone with active players generates XP and renown by the thousands.

If you're bored, make a warband and go kill people. Leading really isn't that scary once you do it once or twice.

Don't give up if you're being beaten. Ever. Fight to the end, make the enemy pay for taking your keep. Don't be a fairweather crossrealmer.

This is a game that doesn't give you content on a silver platter, you have to generate it yourselves.

And get out of Nordland if you're in T1 and go somewhere else. Anywhere else. PLEASE.
Defensor, Knight of the Blazing Sun, Guild Leader of Resilience (USTZ)