Post#81 » Thu Mar 23, 2017 12:06 pm

So we can't farm BO champs?

Ads
wargrimnir
Head Game Master

Re: Leveling is painfully slow

Post#82 » Thu Mar 23, 2017 1:51 pm

Rida wrote:
Sparrer wrote:I guess that BO farming means grinding the guards without an intent to flip the BO. And this is what the problem is about, since it's a lot more effective in terms of xp than actually roaming and capping things. That's what the devs don't like.
The most potential this game has right now is in T4. T1 rvr is camping wc, not much exp. Scenarios, well if you get pop you are lucky man but then you have to win sc because if you loose you get nothing(which is pointless in lower tiers). Lvling through quests, GL with that. Scavens RIP. The only efficient (boring) way is to beg your friends to pwlvl you.
We're taking a swing at getting T1 rotating properly as well. Quality of life updates for the zones, and better rewards in Dwarf/Elf zones, are what we're hoping will get people to move out of Nordland.
[email protected] for exploits and cheaters.
grimnir.me Some old WAR blog

Rekoom

Post#83 » Fri Mar 24, 2017 1:45 am

Actually taking the BO yields what, 20 exp, 2 renown in T1? With the pop we have you cannot spread the playerbase in elf and dwarf, that would be not even a party per zone. Would be nice if playing it legit actually gave better rewards than farming the BO mobs instead.
Rekoom - 80+ BO

wargrimnir
Head Game Master

Post#84 » Fri Mar 24, 2017 1:56 am

Rekoom wrote:Actually taking the BO yields what, 20 exp, 2 renown in T1? With the pop we have you cannot spread the playerbase in elf and dwarf, that would be not even a party per zone. Would be nice if playing it legit actually gave better rewards than farming the BO mobs instead.
Uncontested, sure BO's aren't great. The battles inbetween watching flags cap is where the rewards would be coming into play. Also, we're not spreading the playerbase if only one zone is open at a time, everyone should head to the contested area.

It's up to the players who know what to do, to inform the ones that are new to the game. If a warband isn't running, start one, invite players, tell them to head out, use T1 chat to announce the active zone. You guys have a lot of power in shaping how the game is played, we can really only enforce so much with code and incentives.
[email protected] for exploits and cheaters.
grimnir.me Some old WAR blog

Rekoom

Post#85 » Fri Mar 24, 2017 2:01 am

Ok I didn't get that you would open zones one at a time. That would be great actually because i don't think i can stand Nordland anymore and the maps in elf and dwarf are more interesting imo when it comes to breaking the Zerg.

One downside however would be spreading the influence around and everyone would level out of T1 without receiving much of the influence loot. But I guess you level out of that gear fast anyway so it doesn't really matter.

Excited to see what you guys are cooking up then :).
Rekoom - 80+ BO

saupreusse
Developer

Post#86 » Fri Mar 24, 2017 7:43 am

Well with client control we might also be able to tweak influence accordingly

altharion1
Banned

Post#87 » Fri Mar 24, 2017 9:35 am

The XP grind on an Alpha server has got to be a waste of time for everyone involved. Its a significant barrier for both veterans leveling alts and prevents new players experiencing the large scale orvr interactions of T4. I'd imagine a lot of new players actually quit before even getting to T4 and seeing what the game is actually all about.

Powerleveling to 40 is the logical choice for anyone leveling an Alt. For new players ofc T1, T2 and T3 are kind of important, but I don't see why you'd tailor the game to the needs a such a small minority.

Many people have spent years in T1, T2 and T3 while the Alpha phase was being developed and I for one have no motivation to go back and play those Tiers again. As the time it takes to grind and acquire the BiS gear in T4 increases, the value of investing time into playing T1-3 decreases.

The faster you hit T4, the faster you start earning T4 influence, Officer/Conq medallions/Emblems and rolling on zone lock bags.
WL Althii
SM Althirion
DoK Milkmilk
BO Sizematters

Youtube Vids

DirkDaring

Post#88 » Fri Mar 24, 2017 11:30 am

Most of the Devs, GM etc are from Europe, and play during EU time zones,

so most dont experience the issues that NA players contend with, especially in the T2/T3 brackets.

The only time players in NA see busy play times are on the weekends.

Ads
Amidala
Former Staff

Post#89 » Fri Mar 24, 2017 1:05 pm

DirkDaring wrote:Most of the Devs, GM etc are from Europe, and play during EU time zones,

so most dont experience the issues that NA players contend with, especially in the T2/T3 brackets.

Yo man I am an Eu player,but i have lvl up my zealot during NA time in maybe...2 weeks?
Just find a small group (3-4 players) to lvl up in PQ and SC.No rvr.
Then after Ruin gear,i started to do RVR,and this is so fantastic for american players. I have loocked in 3 days 7-8 maps,empty keeps ,0 order players,0 order premades in sc.
be high rr lvl,be an american player
Oh every night there are 2-3 Gms/devs online for NA time

PS.Ofc,all this if u are playing in destro side.... e.e

Princess Amidala Estellanor

--Tilean Warlords--Amidala AM-Drafalgar SM
--Hammer Kult--Amidalina ZE

DirkDaring

Post#90 » Fri Mar 24, 2017 1:15 pm

Amidala wrote:
DirkDaring wrote:Most of the Devs, GM etc are from Europe, and play during EU time zones,

Yo man I am an Eu player,but i have lvl up my zealot during NA time in maybe...2 weeks?
Just find a small group (3-4 players) to lvl up in PQ and SC.No rvr.
Then after Ruin gear,i started to do RVR,and this is so fantastic for american players. I have loocked in 3 days 7-8 maps,empty keeps ,0 order players,0 order premades in sc.
be high rr lvl,be an american player
Oh every night there are 2-3 Gms/devs online for NA time
Must be exciting as Dest locking all those PVE keeps, with 0 order lol,

RVDOOR