Recent Topics

Ads

scenario cannon damage/range

Let's talk about... everything else
peterthepan3

scenario cannon damage/range

Post#1 » Wed Mar 22, 2017 11:47 am

Not a whine, but I feel that in some maps, such as Mourkain or Praag, the cannon range (coupled with its damage) is too much, and I am just curious as to how others perceive this? For instance, a person can take obj in Mourkain, kite near their spawn under safety of cannons, all the while accumulating points? Seems a bit off.

I understand the role of cannons (anti-spawn farm), yet in certain maps they seem to play more of an overbearing role/overperform, even when you are not spawn camping.

Have a good day.

Ads
Aurandilaz

Re: scenario cannon damage/range

Post#2 » Wed Mar 22, 2017 12:40 pm

The cannons do like max 2k dmg, if shooting into a pile of enemies.
Two healers hitting groupheal will negate it about entirely.

Praag cannons do not reach the flag, so they are entirely about shooting at enemies who insist on doing some spawncamping.
As for Mourkain, it again comes to spawncamping if you are in range of the WC cannon. Very rarely is the object-bearer surviving just due to cannon fire making the enemies afraid, and as said, 2-3 healers will negate the cannon fire dmg effects.

DokB

Post#3 » Wed Mar 22, 2017 12:51 pm

On one hand, the cannons need to deter enemies from spawn. On the other they shouldn't be overbearing and allow the enemy team to hide behind with an objective nor influence fights on objectives.

On Praag it's not too bad since the spawn cannons are meant to keep the enemies away from their spawn while not influencing the fight on the 2nd to last objective. That being said, Praag is usually 12+ players per side and healers can easily outheal the damage from the spawn cannons unless someone is really pushing too close to spawn. And usually by this point the game is locked down anyway and the teams momentum basically wins them the match.

Mourkain it's a bit similar, but I think Dev's coded it so that the flag gives barely any points if the flag holder is close to their own spawn.

Personally I think the cannons on both those maps are in a good place right now. The cannons need to be able to push teams away from the spawns so it allows the team getting smacked a chance to push out. Gromril Crossing is a bit weird I've found where Order's last flag can be covered by spawn cannons yet Destro's last flag is a good distance away from it.
Zoggof - Black Orc
Doinks - Ironbreaker
Leatherman - Blackguard

roadkillrobin

Post#4 » Wed Mar 22, 2017 1:28 pm

Praag one is deffintly an issue since you basicly need to run into cannon range to get to the last flags reliably. MT, there's no need to push out of the temple other then killfarming. I think those are pretty valid.

Soulcheg

Post#5 » Wed Mar 22, 2017 2:08 pm

Maybe NPC 55 champs will do better than cannons?
[RU]GreenFire. //Grimward/Albiona/Edwin/many others

Luuca

Post#6 » Wed Mar 22, 2017 2:27 pm

Soulcheg wrote:Maybe NPC 55 champs will do better than cannons?
No. NO . N f-ing O.

We do not need more champs in SCs. They already aggro from too far away and are exploited by players for kills.
IMO the guards should never leave the spawn point. If you are in the SC combat area, guards should be neutral or there should be some sort of barrier.

The problem with replacing SC Cannons with guards is that the guards sit in one spot in the spawn. Enemy RDPS can still reach out and touch someone within spawn without aggroing guards. The SC Cannons are a counter to this enemy RDPS camping the spawn. They are effective at breaking up the spawn camp when coordinated with a push by the team being camped.

Complaints about being hit by the cannon while trying to flip a flag/Battle Objective should be investigated and the range shortened to avoid this.

Soulcheg

Post#7 » Wed Mar 22, 2017 2:40 pm

Well, sometimes i can see how opposite faction start running right into the middle of sc spawn, and guards do absolutely nothing, so amybe they SHOULD be at the spawn, but they should be active, at least :/
[RU]GreenFire. //Grimward/Albiona/Edwin/many others

Luuca

Post#8 » Wed Mar 22, 2017 3:00 pm

Soulcheg wrote:Well, sometimes i can see how opposite faction start running right into the middle of sc spawn, and guards do absolutely nothing, so amybe they SHOULD be at the spawn, but they should be active, at least :/
I've never seen this. I'd need fraps proof to agree with you.

Again, I know the solution to these issues is some shield or barrier between the SC battleground and the spawn. No damage in, but cannons and spells out. NO GUARDS NEEDED. Once out, you can ONLY get back in by dying. Avoids players kiting/punting players into guards for kills, solves the spawn camp RDPS issue, and allows the pinned down team to use RDPS and cannons to clear the area.

I'd even go so far as to add in a Khaines Embrace style nuke to the camped spawn point. After 10 seconds of the entire team being at spawn during an SC (not before or after), if the team does not leave the spawn point barrier, a KE style Nuke emanates from the spawn and kills everything within 100 feet of the spawn front (BO objective points excluded - like the cannons). Something like that forces a retreat by the camping team, and may catch a few and kill em.

Ads
Daknallbomb
Game Artist

Post#9 » Wed Mar 22, 2017 6:38 pm

I mostly feel it in morkain Tempel mayb 50 feet less and it schould be okay
Tinkabell 40/41 Magus Whaagit 40/41 SH Whaagot 40/54 BO Daknallfrosch 40/72shammy

Osred

Post#10 » Thu Mar 23, 2017 5:03 pm

Several times we've had the enemy tank grab the artefact and just run to their spawn, the cannon just makes things worse when trying to get it back.
Osri - 40/79 - Runepriest
Osarion 40/82 - Swordmaster
Osgrim 40/74 - Ironbreaker