Ads

Monthly Q & A - Instanced PvP

Let's talk about... everything else
Gerv
Banned

Monthly Q & A - Instanced PvP

Post#1 » Thu Mar 23, 2017 12:52 am

Hi Everyone

I am going to run a monthly Q & A session on different topics, with the aim of collecting community input and distribution of information.
I am looking for questions from the community regarding as above, instanced PvP, this includes:

- Future instanced PvP (maps, design)

I will be heavily moderating this thread, please keep to posting questions only, discussions can occur elsewhere.
I will be taking a pool of questions from this thread in 3 days time to put to staff team for answers and get the results back a few days later.

So, Fire Away!
Sia - DoK - Lords
Boyd - WP - O.S.

Ads
Dabbart

Re: Monthly Q & A - Instanced PvP

Post#2 » Thu Mar 23, 2017 1:20 am

Spoiler:
Are there any future plans for SC gear to remain competitive with all other forms of armor/weapons? IE, SC set for Inv, War, Sov, etc as well as improved weapons? In addition, with each increase in weapon strength, would you ever consider adding some of the "weaker" weapons to player drops?
Hi Dab, this particularly refers to a database topic and due to my own misgivings this is not being discussed, sorry. This is not a warning just moderation
- Gerv

Edit: Fair enough. Thanks for letting me know.

Answered in a previous Q&A/patch notes(#EventuallyMaybe), but are there any current plans to implement original SCs utilizing either existing or new maps? If so, will you(devs) ever consider adding a Mob based Instance? IE an SC fighting over a Lair Boss, or adding Mob Kills as an SC objective.

With the inc patcher, are there any plans for some type of Matchmaking system for PUG/non full groups queuing SCs? Some kind of Global Accept before the SC starts to prevent mismatches, time extensions on Start to accommodate late entries, career restrictions etc. If not, will that be a priority, or will "make a group" remain the most viable solution?

When we will have the Goblin Doom Diver Catapult? Tis' the only good use for a gobbo...
Last edited by Dabbart on Thu Mar 23, 2017 6:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Azarael wrote: It's only a nerf if you're bad.

(see, I can shitpost too!)
Secrets wrote: Kindly adjust your attitude to actually help the community and do not impose your will on it. You aren't as powerful as you think.

peterthepan3

Post#3 » Thu Mar 23, 2017 1:29 am

Spoiler:
Are there any intentions to make the quest givers in scenarios give dominator emblems, as opposed to normal officers? If not, could this be something, perhaps, reserved for CW/EC/BFP?
Hi Peter, this particularly refers to a database issue and due to my own misgivings is not being addressed, sorry, this is not a warning, just moderation.
- Gerv

Garner

Post#4 » Thu Mar 23, 2017 3:25 am

Any plans on making a 1v1 SC?

Dresden
Banned

Post#5 » Thu Mar 23, 2017 4:30 am

What about these scenarios?

Altdorf War Quarters
Black Crag Keep
Eight Peaks Gates
Kadrin Valley Pass
Karaz-a-Karak Gates
The Undercroft
Grovod Caverns
Dragon's Bane
Reikland Hills
Thunder Valley
The one with the downed dwarven helicopters, i forgot the name.

p.s. It's still easier to win a scenario by avoiding fighting than it is to engage in it, we all know why, this is a comment.
. -= Cult Of Chaos =- GUILD -= Cult Leader =- . -= Kagaz Wrathson - The Decioblidevannihilator - Black Orc =- .
. -= Dresden RoR Info - 4 pins and counting! =- . #WAAAGH ^_^ #AllSilenceIsGolden @_Q

Stmichael1989

Post#6 » Thu Mar 23, 2017 5:17 am

Spoiler:
Any chance we could get a way to exchange scenario currency for RvR currency? Even if it were a 5:1 ratio, that would be something. Between the crashes during keep sieges, the zerging, the fact that most notions of game balance break down when you throw entire warbands at each other, RvR isn't nearly as fun as scenarios. I don't want to be forced to slog through boredom or frustration just to get the gear set I want. I'd be willing to pay a comparatively higher price for conq/anni if I can do it through scenarios.

Any chance of that happening?
Hi Stmichael, this particularly refers to a database issue and due to my own misgivings wont be discussed sorry. This is not a warning just moderation- Gerv.
StMichael - 40 Warrior Priest
Elhim - 40 Shadow Warrior
Cullexus - 40 Witch Hunter
Teuton Codpiece - 40 Knight
Gritkicker - 40 Slayer

shaggyboomboom

Post#7 » Thu Mar 23, 2017 6:11 am

Are dungeons gonna have some connection with scenarios? (them being instanced, will we have something akin to current BL lairs that include RvR)

roadkillrobin

Post#8 » Thu Mar 23, 2017 7:45 am

24v24 warband premade instances?

Ads
Sulorie

Post#9 » Thu Mar 23, 2017 7:56 am

Why sc players have to stay in Altdorf while playing sc, because the npc to collect win rewards is only accessible from there? Playing winning 2 times the same sc in a row without taking your reward for the first win will only give you one reward opposed to two.
Why no reward collector at sc starting location too?
Dying is no option.

Aurandilaz

Post#10 » Thu Mar 23, 2017 9:18 am

Spoiler:
Whilst this is somewhat off the tangent, it relates to SCs; could you look into the latest SC gear sets - some of them really good for certain classes, whilst other classes the sets are far behind in the class utility.
This part particularly refers to database and respective balance. Both of these topics are not being discussed, sorry. This is not warning, just moderation.
- Gerv

Also do you have the ability to remove or add "Sc objective flags" into SC maps? Would be interesting to see what happens if you add 4th flag to Nordenwatch. Adding things like cannons could also be interesting; what if both sides had extra 2-3 cannons they could point at the hotly contested centre of the Gates of Ekrund? Or just put one AoE cannon at both ends of the BFP lake and see what happens. :)