Recent Topics

Ads

Solo PvP, Kotbs, SM or WL or other?

Let's talk about... everything else
mlg687

Solo PvP, Kotbs, SM or WL or other?

Post#1 » Thu Apr 13, 2017 4:39 am

So just found RoR and it seems awesome, way back at the original games launch I played a SM mostly solo and really enjoyed it.

I plan to play Mostly alone so I'm looking for a strong dueling/solo class. Not interested in any Destruction or dwarf classes.

1. So what are the consensus top 1v1 classes?

2. I like KotBS, SM and WL based on looks, how would you rank those 3 for soloing?

Thank you for any input!

Ads
antiquities

Re: Solo PvP, Kotbs, SM or WL or other?

Post#2 » Thu Apr 13, 2017 5:04 am

just roll a dps AM
i play some terrible WE and some terrible WH

Daknallbomb
Game Artist

Post#3 » Thu Apr 13, 2017 5:07 am

Well solo your good with dps am wl.
For sm ask Rememberme one of the coolest solo roamer sms i know. Engi is a good solo class two
Tinkabell 40/41 Magus Whaagit 40/41 SH Whaagot 40/54 BO Daknallfrosch 40/72shammy

Sulorie

Post#4 » Thu Apr 13, 2017 5:15 am

Damage healer, ranged dd and stealth classes are good for soloing. When you try to gank with a tank, then you only succeed, when your targets keeps attacking and can't kite you down.
Dying is no option.

Aurandilaz

Post#5 » Thu Apr 13, 2017 7:02 am

WL is the current king of dps, so you should probably roll one. You can 1v1 against all enemy dps classes unless the victim is heavily defensive and above average skilled.
WL is basically a team of 2, and for some reason the current WL burst is deadlier than WH burst.
You get awesome mobility, Charge, Pounce, Fetch, pet KD, pet snares targets, you can snare targets... Your medium armour also makes you survive better than WHs can.

WL best, SM good, Kotb good... but honestly, if you want to roll a tank, playing a support role class as solo is not the best choice, which is why WL is better choice. There is a reason why every good order premade runs either 1 WL or even 2 WLs in their setups; the class is simply too good not to be chosen into proper parties.
Every sorc runs from you, WEs don't often stand a chance to rise from your KD, Magii barely know what happens before you finish them, Squig might try running so your pet will finish them for you, Choppas get chopped before they could chop back and the occasional defensive Mara might be a challenge, unless your initial burst takes them out within 5 seconds.

Roll a WL, become the Hunter

flatfoot1987

Post#6 » Thu Apr 13, 2017 7:44 am

True. If you want to focus on killing stuff WL is a no brainer choice now, highest burst of all mdps (probably), nice mobility, medium armor with no crippling rage mechanic etc.

According to observations on my choppa and magus combat log timestamps, an average 40+ WL kills you within 5-7 seconds after engaging.

I'd roll one myself but it feels that the class is badly overpopulated now. There's like 3 WLs for every slayer. So if you want to feel a bit more unique then a SM would probably be a better choice among these as KOTBS are really popular too.
Murdock - Marauder
Gromyka - IB
Agnostic - WP

Gerv
Banned

Post#7 » Thu Apr 13, 2017 9:36 am

Wl (for reasons above) - SM (gear dependent, get some mercenary and beastlord and your good to go, great defensive skills and solid damage due to spirit resistance debuffs) - Kotbs (great potential, little in terms of burst damage, excels at utility: crowd control and damage mitigation.
Sia - DoK - Lords
Boyd - WP - O.S.

ToXoS

Post#8 » Thu Apr 13, 2017 11:03 am

If you wanna play in destro side someday, try SH.
On solo roaming and 1v1, you will kite anything to death except WL and the most deftard tanks. Even on 1v2, you can win the fight, it varies on which classes you're fighting (and their IQ too).

Ads
ToXoS

Post#9 » Thu Apr 13, 2017 11:21 am

Aurandilaz wrote:WL is the current king of dps, so you should probably roll one. You can 1v1 against all enemy dps classes unless the victim is heavily defensive and above average skilled.
WL is basically a team of 2, and for some reason the current WL burst is deadlier than WH burst.
You get awesome mobility, Charge, Pounce, Fetch, pet KD, pet snares targets, you can snare targets... Your medium armour also makes you survive better than WHs can.

WL best, SM good, Kotb good... but honestly, if you want to roll a tank, playing a support role class as solo is not the best choice, which is why WL is better choice. There is a reason why every good order premade runs either 1 WL or even 2 WLs in their setups; the class is simply too good not to be chosen into proper parties.
Every sorc runs from you, WEs don't often stand a chance to rise from your KD, Magii barely know what happens before you finish them, Squig might try running so your pet will finish them for you, Choppas get chopped before they could chop back and the occasional defensive Mara might be a challenge, unless your initial burst takes them out within 5 seconds.

Roll a WL, become the Hunter

WL is not the "king of dps", it's just the best at burst when it comes to MDPS. But if it doesn't kill a thing in the first seconds of the fight, surviving becomes an option because of the cost of its abilities and the fact that it sucks at sustained damage.

Like you said, a WL will struggle against a deftard tank, and that will not be the case for a Sorc or BW. IF there is "kings" of dps in this game, then it would be these classes.

dzirtik

Post#10 » Thu Apr 13, 2017 11:54 am

ToXoS wrote:
WL is not the "king of dps", it's just the best at burst when it comes to MDPS. But if it doesn't kill a thing in the first seconds of the fight, surviving becomes an option because of the cost of its abilities and the fact that it sucks at sustained damage.

Like you said, a WL will struggle against a deftard tank, and that will not be the case for a Sorc or BW. IF there is "kings" of dps in this game, then it would be these classes.
BW and sorc will kill themself faster then a deftard tank :D
Cirila - 40/44 - SM
Stonedwithhash - 40/42 - RP