Recent Topics

Ads

Knight of the BLazing Sun or Ironbreaker ?

Let's talk about... everything else
Layn

Knight of the BLazing Sun or Ironbreaker ?

Post#1 » Fri Apr 14, 2017 7:30 pm

Heya,

I'm quite new to WAR and am looking to start a tank alt on order.
Id like to play something which can bring enough dps to be a threat while fulfilling the tank role for a team.

I am uncertain which way to turn to be honest. I would prefer to run 2 hand and punish people who dive onto my team with damage on top of the normal tank kit abilities.

How do the 3 Tanks differ in application and approach ?
I generally understand the basics that SM has combos, IB build up time with grudges and KOTB apparently lower damage as a trade off for buffs, but how does this play out in practice exactly ?
Last edited by Layn on Fri Apr 14, 2017 8:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ads
Layn

Re: Choosing Order Tank for fair DPS ?

Post#2 » Fri Apr 14, 2017 7:33 pm

First I thought Ironbreaker might be a good fit but it seems it revolves more about dot stacking and slow dps build up, somewhat i doubt this will fill the requirement of decent dps for punishing targets ?

How does SM and KOTBS damage compare ? Are they bursty and which one does more in general ?

Daknallbomb
Game Artist

Post#3 » Fri Apr 14, 2017 7:40 pm

Sm is the the Best dps tank on order side But burst? Compare to classes that have burst dmg like bw wl or so no they are no tank with burst
Tinkabell 40/41 Magus Whaagit 40/41 SH Whaagot 40/54 BO Daknallfrosch 40/72shammy

NSKaneda

Post#4 » Fri Apr 14, 2017 7:42 pm

IB. In 2H mode you get burst-heavy caster killer mode (worse than BG but with more survivability).
In snb stone build you'll find yourself as mdps killer.
Brotherhood/vengeance will give you front line pressure.

2H SM is a great heavy dps (like BG) but lacks a bit in tanking department and requires good mechanic savvy to work.

Other than that... Why would you like to dps on a tank when there are dps classes that do the job way better? Tank's role is to soak up the dps, not dish it out. And mass-taunt in-between surf-guarding.
RoR: Burszui SH, Ropopuch SHM<|[]|>Ginnar IB, Vidarr HMR, Runatyr RP ++ REV guild ++
Live: Karak Izor -> Karak Norn - Yarpaen IB, Ginnarr SL, Volundr ENG +Ithilmar's Chosen+
* * * playing 19 classes - running out of char slots * * *

Layn

Post#5 » Fri Apr 14, 2017 7:46 pm

NSKaneda wrote:
Other than that... Why would you like to dps on a tank when there are dps classes that do the job way better? Tank's role is to soak up the dps, not dish it out. And mass-taunt in-between surf-guarding.
It isnt about trying to be a DPS. ID just like to play a tank which has enough DPS to be a threat if that makes sense.
A mix of tankiness and damage output.

Layn

Post#6 » Fri Apr 14, 2017 7:47 pm

Daknallbomb wrote:Sm is the the Best dps tank on order side But burst? Compare to classes that have burst dmg like bw wl or so no they are no tank with burst
Howm uch a difference is there between SM, IB and knight in dps ?

NSKaneda

Post#7 » Fri Apr 14, 2017 7:52 pm

Layn wrote:It isnt about trying to be a DPS. ID just like to play a tank which has enough DPS to be a threat if that makes sense.

Full-out def tank is a nightmare to casters and rdps because of his crowd control and being virtually invincible. His role is to make healing/casting/rdpsing obsolete and give time for his own party dps to kill what needs to be killed.

That being said every class in WAR can dps, it's just a matter of finding one that you "feel" and know how to play ;)
RoR: Burszui SH, Ropopuch SHM<|[]|>Ginnar IB, Vidarr HMR, Runatyr RP ++ REV guild ++
Live: Karak Izor -> Karak Norn - Yarpaen IB, Ginnarr SL, Volundr ENG +Ithilmar's Chosen+
* * * playing 19 classes - running out of char slots * * *

Layn

Post#8 » Fri Apr 14, 2017 8:04 pm

NSKaneda wrote:
Layn wrote:It isnt about trying to be a DPS. ID just like to play a tank which has enough DPS to be a threat if that makes sense.

Full-out def tank is a nightmare to casters and rdps because of his crowd control and being virtually invincible. His role is to make healing/casting/rdpsing obsolete and give time for his own party dps to kill what needs to be killed.

That being said every class in WAR can dps, it's just a matter of finding one that you "feel" and know how to play ;)
Id like to either go with Knight or IB.

Apart from knights having buffs, how do these two differentiate in terms of suitability and damage output ?

A friend told me that back on live KOTBS had less dps and armor than the other tanks in trade off for the buffs.
Is that the case here too ?

Ads
Aurandilaz

Re: Knight of the BLazing Sun or Ironbreaker ?

Post#9 » Fri Apr 14, 2017 8:49 pm

kotbs are amazing

good tanking, good dps and useful in almost every way

Daknallbomb
Game Artist

Re: Knight of the BLazing Sun or Ironbreaker ?

Post#10 » Fri Apr 14, 2017 9:05 pm

Kotbs is the most useful tank
Tinkabell 40/41 Magus Whaagit 40/41 SH Whaagot 40/54 BO Daknallfrosch 40/72shammy