Recent Topics

Ads

T4 RVR - New system point

Let's talk about... everything else
Henrak

T4 RVR - New system point

Post#1 » Sat Apr 22, 2017 9:27 pm

Hello,

I am confuse to see how this sytem is broken.
Today i do 55000 rp on CW and i get 50 pt on contribution.

It's totally incredible.

nevermind when 150 ppl are on the same zone, he is impossible to get conqueror stuff.
I think the old system with 500 contrib it was more fair

Regards

Ads
Dabbart

Re: T4 RVR - New system point

Post#2 » Sat Apr 22, 2017 9:35 pm

RP gain and contribution aren't necessarily the same. One could Zerg serf to every BO capture for hours, and be "present" for all the ticks, but do very little damage/healing/DBs. No resources ran, and little/no damage on keep lord. Hence, you might get a large RR gain, but someone who had 150 solo DBs and ran 87 resources earned far, far more contrib than you.

No one knows how the contrib system actually works though. What has a higher weight, DBs, or Resources? No one knows. Edit: No one without a super shiny name that is..
Azarael wrote: It's only a nerf if you're bad.

(see, I can shitpost too!)
Secrets wrote: Kindly adjust your attitude to actually help the community and do not impose your will on it. You aren't as powerful as you think.

Luth

Post#3 » Sat Apr 22, 2017 10:37 pm

Dabbart wrote:No one knows how the contrib system actually works though. What has a higher weight, DBs, or Resources? No one knows. Edit: No one without a super shiny name that is..
Nope, only one with a specific super shiny name and for a good reason. If certain people would knew how it exactly works, they would try to exloit it, be probably successful (due to their numbers and immense creativity when it comes to find ways of maximizing rewards with the least effort), the virus would spread out and soon we will have many people doing semi-afk-alt+tab RvE again while they actually watch TV; et voilà: tons of hours of developer effort wasted.

That means GMs or someone else with a super shiny name who answers PMs don't know it as well and it's pointless to ask them.

Dabbart

Post#4 » Sat Apr 22, 2017 10:40 pm

Luth wrote:
Dabbart wrote:No one knows how the contrib system actually works though. What has a higher weight, DBs, or Resources? No one knows. Edit: No one without a super shiny name that is..
Nope, only one with a specific super shiny name and for a good reason. If certain people would knew how it exactly works, they would try to exloit it, be probably successful (due to their numbers and immense creativity when it comes to find ways of maximizing rewards with the least effort), the virus would spread out and soon we will have many people doing semi-afk-alt+tab RvE again while they actually watch TV; et voilà: tons of hours of developer effort wasted.

That means GMs or someone else with a super shiny name who answers PMs don't know it as well and it's pointless to ask them.

Agree, and understood. However, is my assesment of the difference between RR gain on tick, and actual contribution correct, or at least feasible? I am simply basing it on my experience, and that of my Guildmates. Question here is, would what the OP described, a 50k+ RR tick upon lock with on +50 contrib be in regards to how the contrib system works, or a bug/issue?

Edit: Also, could be that there was simply hundreds and hundreds of people on the roll, and only 50 or so can get higher than +50?
Azarael wrote: It's only a nerf if you're bad.

(see, I can shitpost too!)
Secrets wrote: Kindly adjust your attitude to actually help the community and do not impose your will on it. You aren't as powerful as you think.

Aurandilaz

Post#5 » Sat Apr 22, 2017 10:51 pm

from my past "feels" (since I lack hard facts)

-Defending BOs seems to count more than taking them
-resources count somewhat little, doing 3-5 kills might equal one supply run, if not far more
-kills on BOs contribute to "BO defticks", which mean more than kills outside BO areas
-keep area kills might be worth more than BO kills, not sure
-you will have better luck maximizing contribution if you play in a proper 6man premade that does a lot together instead of just solokilling stuff
-dps might rack contri from doing damage, tanks get probably something from taking damage, healers earn something from doing heals... or so it seems

As I said, I lack hard facts, but this is how it "feels" to be

Luth

Post#6 » Sun Apr 23, 2017 6:00 am

Dabbart wrote: Agree, and understood. However, is my assesment of the difference between RR gain on tick, and actual contribution correct, or at least feasible? I am simply basing it on my experience, and that of my Guildmates. Question here is, would what the OP described, a 50k+ RR tick upon lock with on +50 contrib be in regards to how the contrib system works, or a bug/issue?

Edit: Also, could be that there was simply hundreds and hundreds of people on the roll, and only 50 or so can get higher than +50?
As i wrote, i don't know anything about how the RvR mechanic works (which is fine for me :) ), therefore i can't tell wether something is a bug or not.

Daknallbomb
Game Artist

Post#7 » Sun Apr 23, 2017 6:30 am

Dat sounds good :) at least If i play a full zone solo or in grp iam nearly every time place 1-5 so it looks like If you kill ppl run sups def bos attack bos Make a wb heal ppl intercept sups and at least attack The lord give a good contribution
Tinkabell 40/41 Magus Whaagit 40/41 SH Whaagot 40/54 BO Daknallfrosch 40/72shammy

Palitelj

Post#8 » Sun Apr 23, 2017 9:18 am

This is from my point of view.
I have 1 char full conq and need only gloves on second. Playing healers.
1. You need be in zone from start (if you are not you need a bit more kills then the someone who is there from start.)
2. Kills gives best cont so you dont need run supplies or dmg lord if you or in my case my dps had most kill in zone.
3. Bonus cont: supplies, lord dmg, BOs, use of ram (dont use ram if you are not tank).

Bonus: Shamys, BGs, BOs(lower rr then other in grp), choppas will always have better cont then DoKs, chosens, maraurders from same party.

I play in warbands/6mans/duo and won a nice amount bags but only when mine grp/dps had best kills in zone.

4. Luck!

Ads
ZewKrwi

Post#9 » Mon Apr 24, 2017 5:38 am

Torquemadra wrote:Do more get more.
Worth to try :)

Ppl wait 1-2 weeks before judge.
Zewkrwi - Zealot / TUP
Krwizew - Rune Priest / Spiritus Sanctus

http://www.chosna.pl/

Alfinnete
Banned

Post#10 » Mon Apr 24, 2017 11:13 am

Sry my English.

I particularly hated the new system. Now T4 has turned a farm, which lasts between 4, 5 and even more than 6 hours for a zone to be locked.

Sometimes I think that the DEVS forget that the public of WH is an adult, has its obligations and tasks ... what I see in WBs are players who fight half a battle, between 2 hours and manifest dissatisfaction at not being able to roll in the end because Need to work.

The system does not make sense when you spend 4 hours picking up resources from all BOs, a sum of 50 resources between attacks and defenses, helps to kill the hero and lock the zone and in the end you contribute 200 contribution points.

Players prefer to walk in groups of six. The players do not care about the fight, but they have to take action. Players who are not located within the server's region are pinged and can not compete for resources. The time to lock up an area is so exaggerated at peak times that you can go to the movies and come back later to see the chatter in the chat.

I've never criticized the content that the DEVs launch, but this time they went beyond, putting such a HP in the Hero is crazy, this HP works in case of zerg, but for those who do not play in the zerg times? They keep loading feature in vain, there is no chance of killing the hero if there is no more than 1 WB and AAO.

In my guild, 50% of players have started new character, traded faction or are chilling playing t4 for sheer lack of fun and frustration. Until the midst of things are almost 100% certain and fun, going to T4 the frustration takes over, even having a 100G mount has become torture for those who do not have, that this is easy to get, but it should not be One of the first obligations of a newly T4.

Players like RvR but it needs to be faster, handy and rewarding for everyone and not just for the first 3.4 players on a list of more than 200. You come home after a hard day of work and expect to play WH by About 2 hours and leave satisfied for the bed, but this does not happen anymore. Players are struggling beyond their limitations, staying up until 4 o'clock in the morning awake.

My opinion is that they need to review this system, so it can work adaptively, based on the number of players within the RvR, how much more player on the door and Hero, how much less player it would become, giving them a chance Players during off-peak hours.

Ty to no troll this reply.