Recent Topics

Ads

RVR contribution and how it works

Let's talk about... everything else
dansari

Re: RVR contribution and how it works

Post#41 » Thu Apr 27, 2017 1:12 am

DokB wrote:It’s the exact same deal with old Genesis/Annihilator.

People wanted ways to get them quicker back when it was BiS gear. Now they have been made easier to obtain but now people want to get Subjugator/Conq faster.
It's like you didn't even read, but sure.
<Salt Factory>

Ads
freshour
Banned

Post#42 » Thu Apr 27, 2017 1:17 am

People wanted ways to get them quicker back when it was BiS gear. Now they have been made easier to obtain but now people want to get Subjugator/Conq faster.
Genesis yes, Annihilator no lol. That was purchased with currency and you just had to play enough to get it. But you were half right and I'm an optimist so I'll agree with you.

th3gatekeeper

Post#43 » Thu Apr 27, 2017 1:28 am

dansari wrote:

It's like you didn't even read, but sure.
This. 100%.

Its VERY clear you didnt read any of the last few pages. Just as a future thought: Please read a few pages before responding to a thread. Thanks :)
Sulfuras - Knight
Viskag - Chosen
Ashkandi - Swordmaster
Syzzle - Bright Wizard
Curz - Marauder
Andrithil - Blackguard

DokB

Post#44 » Thu Apr 27, 2017 2:44 am

Only read the first post tbqh, my bad.

If developers put a medallion price on items only obtained through contribution + RNG rolls such as Genesis/Subjugator etc. It is putting them in a position where they are dictating how long they expect people to grind to get items. Sure a price system could be tweaked over time, but I think it simply allows the dev team more breathing space to work on the development of the game to leave it how it is.

At the moment we have no idea when client control/next wave of gear is coming out, but I think it is safe to presume we are still some way off. If you add a system where these items can be bought and/or chosen rather than the more RNG flavoured system we have now, it goes against what the developers have being saying for a while where they want there to be a RNG system in place to keep people playing for those end game “carrots” as they described them. Otherwise people will choose what gear they want and end game progression becomes stagnated.

Anyway, apologies for not reading more of what was written, I now see that you don’t want items faster but just having some alternative means as to not relying so heavily on RNG (partly based off contribution, but moving away from the addition of the RNG factor that comes from loot rolls + the very good chance to get duplicates).

EDIT:
freshour wrote:

Genesis yes, Annihilator no lol. That was purchased with currency and you just had to play enough to get it. But you were half right and I'm an optimist so I'll agree with you.
I think Annihilator was lowered in price (might be mistaken here) and we are now waiting on developers to allocate time to create code that will allow us to convert Conq Medallions down to X number of Officer Medallions, so hopefully SOON™ it will be a lot easier to obtain Annihilator .
Zoggof - Black Orc
Doinks - Ironbreaker
Leatherman - Blackguard

dansari

Post#45 » Thu Apr 27, 2017 4:17 am

No worries man. I just think gate has some really good ideas that would make RVR fun and not feel like a grind, and he's definitely not about making gear any faster to obtain.
<Salt Factory>

Esperflame

Post#46 » Thu Apr 27, 2017 5:05 am

I think the biggest problems right now aren't the new shiny stuff, but the grinds for the previous sets. We should be able to downgrade conq medallion and emblems at the 1 to 5 ratio. With no more anni drops in bags and such, why not at least let people get their anni/merc at a better rate so they can actually compete a little with all the people running around in Conq.
Karnak (Ironbreaker), Hadebrandt (KotBS), Quigon (Swordmaster), Rakthraka (Black Orc), Thulza (Chosen), Braerithryn (Blackguard)

"Yeah, I play all the tanks. I've got beef!" - Me

DokB

Post#47 » Thu Apr 27, 2017 5:24 am

Esperflame wrote:I think the biggest problems right now aren't the new shiny stuff, but the grinds for the previous sets. We should be able to downgrade conq medallion and emblems at the 1 to 5 ratio. With no more anni drops in bags and such, why not at least let people get their anni/merc at a better rate so they can actually compete a little with all the people running around in Conq.
Spoiler:
Torquemadra wrote:
mursie wrote:
Torquemadra wrote:
technical constraints, code has to be written, as explained previously.
Apologies for missing the previous explanation, do you have a link for that?

And please forgive the following naivety, but in the game their currently already exists a down convert option at the vendors - it's just currently set at 1 to 1. One officer medallion for 1 conq. Is this extremely difficult to tweak that code to award 5 for 1. If so - that is just mind boggling.
Its directly in the code not a server or database tweak, hence code has to be written to facilitate the down conversion of 1 to more OR code has to be written to allow the database to be able to allocate a numerical conversion differential and we are not made of coders and priorities are priorities.
Zoggof - Black Orc
Doinks - Ironbreaker
Leatherman - Blackguard

Haojin

Post#48 » Thu Apr 27, 2017 9:22 pm

Didn't read the posts. If you want to get conq gear fast:

1- be online around na prime time- late time aka early morning in eu.

2-kill as many as possible, or be in the same party with the killer, be in the first 5 in the zone.

3-roam with a rdps oriented group for the kill steal medallions.

4-try to leech well known premades. Kill steal.

5-try to take-defend bo's, more fights on the bo more contribution.

6-convince your party members to pass medallions for you. Be a social party boy.

7-if you are on loser side and got enough /contribution beg for the opposite realm for the loser bags. i got 30+ screenshots they are fun to read later.
Guildmaster of Phalanx

K8P - Karak Norn

Ads
Collateral

Post#49 » Fri Apr 28, 2017 8:57 am

Pretty much what Hao said. Be in a group from the start and kill stuff, or just steal, it's all the same. Capture a bo from time to time also. This week I got 2 gold bags in 2 days (sadly one of them had a belt which I have already, tnx rng gods), every time playing with a group that had the most kills. The first one was a loser bag when we had like 180 aao and order was just camping the wc. As a tank I don't even have to do much, just follow the rdps and throw a snare here and there. I'm not gonna lie though, the second group was fun really. But the principles are the same. As soon as you see anyone solo or fewer than you, kill them, it's contribution. How do you think all the 6 mans got full conq in a month on multiple characters? It certainly wasn't by playing in a warband and carrying the zone lock. Why do you think they always zerg you when you're solo? It's all contribution, every kill counts. Of course, 6man parties have their place in rvr, but I just don't like this system.