Recent Topics

Ads

DPS spec tank/healer Hypocrisy

Let's talk about... everything else
Drudge

DPS spec tank/healer Hypocrisy

Post#1 » Thu Apr 27, 2017 2:00 am

Why is it when there is a discussion on DPS spec healers its all rainbows and butterflies, but when a DPS spec tank thread starts going it all DIE NOOB you suck reroll mara/wl scrublord!!!? :lol:

Ads
Nefarian78

Re: DPS spec tank/healer Hypocrisy

Post#2 » Thu Apr 27, 2017 3:11 am

Really, both of them are hated to death. It's just that there are far more DPS-tanks than DPS-healers and people hate those who see the most (i think)

Tbh DPS-tanks have their uses in some specific scenarios while going DPS-healer is mostly a loss in every scenario possible (at least from what i've seen).
They done stole my character's names. Can't have **** in RoR.

DokB

Post#3 » Thu Apr 27, 2017 3:24 am

Because DPS heals can accomplish more than a DPS tank ever can.

Being a tank is suffering no matter what form you play as.
Zoggof - Black Orc
Doinks - Ironbreaker
Leatherman - Blackguard

Daknallbomb
Game Artist

Post#4 » Thu Apr 27, 2017 3:41 am

First of All some dps healer can bring a rly rly good dps especial at ranged and they heal therself and the healer in grp get some assist heal from tham and cleanse rezz.
A dps tank ( and i mean rly dps tank) Just eat heals and nearly do nothing. A Tank what has enough def stats to guard and survive in the Front line and still makes dmg is every where Welcome But that ppl are rare. Need high renown and good gear for IT. A Well played dok tank duo ( or wp tank) can Carry a whole pug sc.
Tinkabell 40/41 Magus Whaagit 40/41 SH Whaagot 40/54 BO Daknallfrosch 40/72shammy

Drudge

Post#5 » Thu Apr 27, 2017 3:52 am

Your just comparing bad vs good players now, you can do both, but at least do your job first dps 2nd.

Daknallbomb
Game Artist

Post#6 » Thu Apr 27, 2017 3:56 am

Thats what m mean there are Tons of dps Tanks out But not many good of tham so ppl have in their mind that dps Tanks are crap. That dont means that all dps Tanks are crap.
Tinkabell 40/41 Magus Whaagit 40/41 SH Whaagot 40/54 BO Daknallfrosch 40/72shammy

lilsabin

Post#7 » Thu Apr 27, 2017 4:06 am

guys , the game offer us choises ( talent tree) wich allow us to play how we want . You people need the remove certain idea from your head , just because someone roll Runepriest doesnt mean he cannot dps , maybe not as good as a witch hunter ( and to my eyes , this is one of the reason the game failed) . As another developper said in another thread , the problem is human ... if u dont want for exemple runepriest to dps , then remove all or most offensive abilities ( wich means remove even the talent trees) and just give them heals . we are just wasting our good time , people will always derivate if u give them the choice . so , just get in the wagon and lets try to find a solution that will benefit everybody instead of always critisizing and expressing our unhappiness . :)

Daknallbomb
Game Artist

Post#8 » Thu Apr 27, 2017 4:19 am

In my opinion every one should play what they want and have The greatest fun with. But for a proper grp play The meta wins and there is no rly room for dps Tanks and healers. Just in few Situations But that count Just for high Niveau 6v6 in orvr you can Own with what ever because its 80% pug farm. Against a proper 6 man it could be that you loose with dps tank or healer. So in the most Situations its enough to play coordinated and it doesent matter what you play.
And If ppl Flame you in a sc because youre side is loosing its to 90% NOT because you are a dps tank or healer.,

Ads
Dabbart

Post#9 » Thu Apr 27, 2017 4:33 am

unless you are actively looking, you wont tell that a DPS tank is not in fact tanking in any way. Everyone feels when the only healers in the SC are DPS spec.

I dislike derp dps tanks more than DPS healers. I don't care what your playstyle is, **** Guard and assist.

DPS healers I only ask that you don't suck. If you want to DPS as a healer, you KNOW it is more "difficult" than dpsin on an actual DPS class. You accept this. If you suck at it, why the hell do you keep doing the same thing, failing the same way... Yea, that's it mdps dok/WP. Keeping charging in solo w/o a guard. Yep, that's going to accomplish something...

Play your class how you want. Just don't actively gimp yourself or your supposed teammates. Oh, and don't suck.
Azarael wrote: It's only a nerf if you're bad.

(see, I can shitpost too!)
Secrets wrote: Kindly adjust your attitude to actually help the community and do not impose your will on it. You aren't as powerful as you think.

Drudge

Post#10 » Thu Apr 27, 2017 5:02 am

Well not everyone is a pro gamer. I think here you may have more typical hard core gamers cause ror isnt mainstream but still. Asking someone to not suck might be harder than you think. Tell your grandma to stop sucking at healing you for example. Your grandma more than likely is just gonna flat out suck at ror. In a PUG just dont expect greatness and be thankful when you get it.