Recent Topics

Ads

DPS spec tank/healer Hypocrisy

Let's talk about... everything else
th3gatekeeper

Re: DPS spec tank/healer Hypocrisy

Post#71 » Sat Apr 29, 2017 6:16 am

Telperien wrote:I just think some ppl are lazy and dont want to learn or put some effort.
And that killed WAR. Laziness. Devs were making game easier and easier, players took advantage of that (exchanging City Siege, sometimes 4-6 times a day, last year noone was banned or even investigated for cheating or exploiting). If u dont imput some effort to something, u wont enjoy it for longer.
Nobody is saying they want easier. If that's why you get out of my.posts... I don't even know what to say....

I think WAR died because what people want out of a gaming experience changed and WAR was old school where at the center of it's entire combat balance is one mechanic.... Guard... Which forced you to schedule play times with friends, rather than have fun with friends.

This is how RoR is for me now. I get on at NA times and nobody is on. I literally have to use Facebook to schedule play times with friends to play this game. I have two friends who rage uninstalled ROR in the last two weeks because of this. We couldn't be on in that day or time and it was NA times and they had a series of bad games each and every play session like this.

Imagine a FPS where one guy shoots and one guy carries your ammo. You can't really play without each other... Sure you can find a pug to play with.... But you.might not and you'll.spend 1in.just finding a guy to questions with to then sit in que for 10 min etc. All for one game or two...

So WAR and ROR become something you don't always spend your free time in... And instead hop into something else to spend 15 or 30min in.... Which leads to asking why you even bother etc etc.

I have reached out to many friends who have quit live and RoR over my.time here and it's all stemmed from. The same thing... Which I have identified the one common thing at the core of it all.... Guard.
Sulfuras - Knight
Viskag - Chosen
Ashkandi - Swordmaster
Syzzle - Bright Wizard
Curz - Marauder
Andrithil - Blackguard

Ads
lilsabin

Post#72 » Sat Apr 29, 2017 6:31 am

Th3gatekeeper , u should stop repeating yourself , save your energy for more important thing... i dont know or understand how there people dont see the big picture here . Look at this other dood . talking about autopilot or easy wtvr , loooooooool... we should just let this OP like this , cause we ll all repeat ourselves here untill torque or wargrim lock this post . I think the best solution to all this is to have more rebels : MORE PEOPLE SHOULD PLAY DPS TANK AND DPS HEALER . When those "elite" players and guild/group players will get bored of it , they ll eventually start posts on the subject , then we ll just ignore them and keep playing the way we want . Maybe they ll wake up and start working on something ( lets hope it wont be late) . For now i am happy with my chosen 2 hand and my WP 2 hand , i dont guard and i only heal myself , and it s okay , because anyway i dont have enough time in a day to start forming a group ... after all we are all free to play the way we want . Remember , we are lucky to be able to play this game again , plus it s free :)

lilsabin

Post#73 » Sat Apr 29, 2017 6:41 am

I think WAR died because what people want out of a gaming experience changed and WAR was old school where at the center of it's entire combat balance is one mechanic....
lol , for exemple , having a stealth with a 1 or 2 sec cast , then lasting 30 secs , and having another 30 secs cooldown that begin when u are out of stealth , looooooooooooooooooool . These people , once again doesnt seem to understand that other mmo rpg have ripple effect on people... like it or not , we ll always compare games between them... i am not saying make them all looks like , but geez... i read a dev. ( in a post long ago) saying that WH and WE are not rogue ... Then tell me , why the heck do they play like rogues ?

Aurandilaz

Post#74 » Sat Apr 29, 2017 9:47 am

What you people fail to grasp about going loldps on a tank is that some of us are actual roleplayers
my SM goes YOLO mode into the frontline waving a 2h because that's how I enjoy it
my WL stays guarding the backline because that's the correct way to play the class if you respect the lore
my DoK/WE do suicidal charges because BLOOD AND SOULS FOR KHAINE
and when I play my WH, the highlight of my day is when I get to EXCOMMUNICATE

so keep just talking about "muh 6v6 competitive gameplay" and "bls some mercy on the casuals" because there is a big bunch of us roleplayers left in the game; balance might be awful for some of the juiciest roleplay classes, but it doesn't matter as long as there is the occasional change to bash the heretics :)

Nefarian78

Post#75 » Sat Apr 29, 2017 7:26 pm

What im getting from this thread now is just that most of the playerbase and the devs do not give a crap about pugs/less hardcore players. that's wrong. pugs exist, ignoring them is not going to make anything better. I understand and agree with focusing on a more group-based gameplay, but not like that.

I've started playing RoR in hardcore-mode and then started having less time to play to the point i've stopped. Mainly being a scenario player, i've quickly realized that playing anything that isn't a 6man premade is not worth my time, because it's not fun at all.

I've no experience in developing and maintaining MMOs but ignoring a big chunk of the playerbase is not going to help. I'm pretty sure of that.
They done stole my character's names. Can't have **** in RoR.

peterthepan3

Post#76 » Sat Apr 29, 2017 7:39 pm

What more do pugs need? They have a pug scenario, can get renown/inf/medallions quickly from being in a warband, can get ruin/beastlord gear very easily if they find a group. What is it exactly pugs are being prevented from doing?

Also ror is not a hardcore game.

Daknallbomb
Game Artist

Post#77 » Sat Apr 29, 2017 8:04 pm

Sry But ror is by far no hardcore game!!
Pugs have enough! Btw the way As pug you can earn very easy rewards
Tinkabell 40/41 Magus Whaagit 40/41 SH Whaagot 40/54 BO Daknallfrosch 40/72shammy

Valfaros

Post#78 » Sat Apr 29, 2017 8:10 pm

peterthepan3 wrote:What more do pugs need? They have a pug scenario, can get renown/inf/medallions quickly from being in a warband, can get ruin/beastlord gear very easily if they find a group. What is it exactly pugs are being prevented from doing?

Also ror is not a hardcore game.
I guess it would be a help to weaken all classes currently meta. You will often find pugs filled with everything because they are casuals they play what the like to play. Premades often go for the best option and therefore have even a higher advantage then they already have cause of proper guard/heal (2/2/2 setup). I know if you weaken the meta classes like marauder/wl, chosen/kotbs, ab ex shaman/am other classes will just take their spot but at the moment there is a quite big difference between a lot of them. You hardly every see a premade without a Wl/marauder which is just lame in my opinion. While warhammer is already very limited in the setup 2/2/2 or sometimes 3/2/1 I think it would be nice to atleast have some more classes in line.

Ads
peterthepan3

Post#79 » Sat Apr 29, 2017 8:20 pm

I do agree with that ^

Thifall

Post#80 » Sat Apr 29, 2017 9:13 pm

Nefarian78 wrote:What im getting from this thread now is just that most of the playerbase and the devs do not give a crap about pugs/less hardcore players. that's wrong. pugs exist, ignoring them is not going to make anything better. I understand and agree with focusing on a more group-based gameplay, but not like that.

I've started playing RoR in hardcore-mode and then started having less time to play to the point i've stopped. Mainly being a scenario player, i've quickly realized that playing anything that isn't a 6man premade is not worth my time, because it's not fun at all.

I've no experience in developing and maintaining MMOs but ignoring a big chunk of the playerbase is not going to help. I'm pretty sure of that.
People are missthinking of casual player... Since when caual player equals to bad player? I know many hardcore players, that cannot beat random not grouped opponentes, aswell as few "casual" players, that log once a week or even less, and they are doing quick research, inviting who they need, and carrying on with scenarios/roaming.

I my opinion whole whine about not being able to achieve win due to "bad teammates (dps tanks/heals)" is just being unable to find myself group, that will have those, that i want.

Ofcourse, DPS rely on heals/guards, but it works TWO WAY - that tank with shield and healing healer needs a DPS to win. Now what if they meet dps, that is in defensive gear, and does not threat enemeis properly?

As stated many times before - game is very complex, and it's impossible to compare situations. Casual players are fine, and unharmed.
Removing game content will result in reduced server population (Yes, the casual players play 2h tanks and dps healers aswell).