Recent Topics

Ads

Questions - Why I left before.

Let's talk about... everything else
banetek

Questions - Why I left before.

Post#1 » Fri Apr 28, 2017 5:24 pm

I used to Play Warhammer back in the day. Played up until a few months before it died on the original servers. Went off to Play star wars old republic, elder scrolls etc.

Back in the Day, Warhammer was a lot of fun and its nice I found out about this place but I was curious if a few things might have changed that I hated about WH back when I played.

1 shot death from carebear guards. On a pvp server it should be all about pvp. Not just contained , sectional , sanctioned areas for pvp ( outside of newbie starter area ) I quit WOW back in 2006 and glad I did but if you chase a guy into a town, you will be attacked by guards and have a chance to escape, not get 1 shot to death like in WAR.

2 Chickens!! Yes I know, ganking is not pvp however its a great way to get high levels from the other side to come help their fallen lowbies.. Also adds a level of excitement in pvE areas that people enjoy ( on pvp servers )

Those two things stand out to being annoying from what I remember, otherwise it was a lot of fun. I was there for the EPIC battle of multiple Order side guilds as we stood against the massive spammed up hordes of RUIN as we smashed them!!! ( best battle ever )

Ads
Luth

Re: Questions - Why I left before.

Post#2 » Fri Apr 28, 2017 5:58 pm

1. You will get killed instantly by most guards.
2. You will have to meet special debolster requirements (maximum level of allowed gear, renown- and mastery points) if you are PvP flagged in lower tiers and don't want to be chickened.
This project does support neither ganking of low level characters nor ruining the experience of others in general by griefing. If you want to PvP, you'll have to do it fair and go the PvP areas, where you will have to fight characters of equal levels due to the bolster mechanic.

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=13607

peterthepan3

Post#3 » Fri Apr 28, 2017 6:43 pm

no offence but, if not being able to kill lower levels contributed to your departure, then lul.

catholicism198

Post#4 » Fri Apr 28, 2017 6:47 pm

peterthepan3 wrote:no offence but, if not being able to kill lower levels contributed to your departure, then lul.
Seriously.

Good Riddance.

banetek

Post#5 » Sat Apr 29, 2017 2:13 am

Love the elitist replies thanks, ill be sure to not rejoin the community.

Not that it matters but I did a lot of ganking in PvE areas of same level as me...

Part of the reason of WH failing was in part by talking all big and tough but failing to provide.. Whatever your feelings about ganking or killing people while they pve.. WOW had the best ruleset for world pvp and did not try to contain you to sectioned off pvp areas like WAR does.

In other words, unless you were trying to kill lowbies in starter areas, every where else was free game.. WAR likes to contain and limit you.. so be it.

Ill just go back to waiting for Camelot unchained..

tootles.

peterthepan3

Post#6 » Sat Apr 29, 2017 2:15 am

nah I empathise with you, I too like the world pvp ( i played open pvp server, eltharion, back on live). if i misunderstood you, i apologise :)

Druin
Former Staff

Post#7 » Sat Apr 29, 2017 4:11 am

If ganking people in PvE areas is the kind of PvP you enjoy you won't get happy here.
Pretty much always afk or tabbed out.

SilentMorbus

Post#8 » Sun Apr 30, 2017 12:22 pm

Luth wrote: This project does support neither ganking of low level characters nor ruining the experience of others in general by griefing. If you want to PvP, you'll have to do it fair and go the PvP areas, where you will have to fight characters of equal levels due to the bolster mechanic.

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=13607
thank you. 1000000 time thank you.

Ads
Foltestik

Post#9 » Sun Apr 30, 2017 12:27 pm

i was warned by GM when i was killing in PVE area, ... on PVP game :D

Eversoris

Post#10 » Sun Apr 30, 2017 12:30 pm

banetek wrote:I used to Play Warhammer back in the day. Played up until a few months before it died on the original servers. Went off to Play star wars old republic, elder scrolls etc.

Back in the Day, Warhammer was a lot of fun and its nice I found out about this place but I was curious if a few things might have changed that I hated about WH back when I played.

1 shot death from carebear guards. On a pvp server it should be all about pvp. Not just contained , sectional , sanctioned areas for pvp ( outside of newbie starter area ) I quit WOW back in 2006 and glad I did but if you chase a guy into a town, you will be attacked by guards and have a chance to escape, not get 1 shot to death like in WAR.

2 Chickens!! Yes I know, ganking is not pvp however its a great way to get high levels from the other side to come help their fallen lowbies.. Also adds a level of excitement in pvE areas that people enjoy ( on pvp servers )

Those two things stand out to being annoying from what I remember, otherwise it was a lot of fun. I was there for the EPIC battle of multiple Order side guilds as we stood against the massive spammed up hordes of RUIN as we smashed them!!! ( best battle ever )
Man, give it a try. RoR is good.
Pain is temporary. Eversoris is forever.
-------------------
Twitch Channel: https://www.twitch.tv/eversoris_
►► YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/Eversoris