Sticky feetzs/MotM behaviour

Let's talk about... everything else
Wdova

Sticky feetzs/MotM behaviour

Post#1 » Fri Apr 28, 2017 9:16 pm

I was trying to bug report its behaviour on bugtracker, but was told to move it to forum to discuss. In older patch notes viewtopic.php?f=42&t=17634&p=191833 there was AOE adjustment on several skills, which I agree some of them needed to be tonned down, but saying Sticky feetz/MotM work as intended and correctly is ridicolous. I think those abbilities are what define shamman/archmage CC abbility. Crowd controll effect, which should not only snare for 60%, but also debuff rezistence. If current 5ft radius which snare enemy for about 2 seconds and also debuff his rezistence for the same period is OK, I say it definitely not worth mastery point investment. In my opinion it does not work correctly and it definitely need devs attention. I link some old and new (testing) movies, and You can judge if its ok or not.

Warhammer online-Age of Reckoning version:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iNARqOj ... u.be&t=272 (especialy 4:32, 5:00)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aNcCFp2sr-0&t=403s (2:25, 5:30)

Warhammer online-Return of Reckoning version(tested today):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7O6xrRd ... e=youtu.be
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UUNt9ph ... e=youtu.be
Pigbutcher - Choppa RR80+
Cyplenkov - Marauder RR80+
Vdova - Witch elf RR80+

Hajzl - Swordmaster RR80+
Roznetka - Engineer RR70+

Ads
roadkillrobin

Re: Sticky feetzs/MotM behaviour

Post#2 » Sat Apr 29, 2017 9:35 am

It can also be cleansed on RoR wich gives you another ca 1 sec before it reaply aswell. Wich is usually enough to get out if it. No it defintly doesn't work the same as it did on WAR.

Telperien

Post#3 » Sat Apr 29, 2017 10:23 am

My worries are since Aza and Londo are on vacation these changes cant be modified or undone, so we got what we got. Anyway, better 2s snare of size 1 blackork or none:)
Slacking (checking out EvE)

Telen
Suspended

Post#4 » Sat Apr 29, 2017 1:57 pm

Yes the puddle snare doesnt work anything like it did on live. It seem like the server is only snaring once you have been inside it for a full gcd which puts you halfway across it.

Daknallbomb
Game Artist

Post#5 » Sat Apr 29, 2017 2:28 pm

Dont forget that you can Just jump over it :)
Tinkabell 40/41 Magus Whaagit 40/41 SH Whaagot 40/54 BO Daknallfrosch 40/72shammy

Telperien

Post#6 » Sat Apr 29, 2017 6:11 pm

Daknallbomb wrote:Dont forget that you can Just jump over it :)
That makes totally sense now!
Spoiler:
Poor dwarfs:)
Slacking (checking out EvE)

Daknallbomb
Game Artist

Post#7 » Sat Apr 29, 2017 8:07 pm

Torquemadra wrote:
roadkillrobin wrote:It can also be cleansed on RoR wich gives you another ca 1 sec before it reaply aswell. Wich is usually enough to get out if it. No it defintly doesn't work the same as it did on WAR.
Thats not to say WAR worked 'properly', its clearly set as an ailment in the client which, even if it was set not to be cleansed, the client would be trying to cleanse it resulting in false positives. I dont really see why it should be cleansed off but to ste that properly require altering values in the client.

Construction is construction, its black and white unlike implementation which means you get stuff like WARs version of impending doom (which was idiotic in every aspect) in spite of the construction being fine.

If you feel this is a case for balance then wait for the balance forums to open up, I would suggest the place they are now wouldnt warrant a buff to either class.
Dont understand that properly :( you mean is a cast says it has 20 range and it Just have 5 Meter its no Bug its something for the balance Forum? Mayb i think wrong?
Tinkabell 40/41 Magus Whaagit 40/41 SH Whaagot 40/54 BO Daknallfrosch 40/72shammy

Azarael

Post#8 » Sat Apr 29, 2017 8:29 pm

The technical issue behind GT effects appearing to have incorrect range is lack of server-side position prediction based on velocity. The range of these abilities is correct. Certain movement patterns exacerbate the issues.

Ads
Daknallbomb
Game Artist

Post#9 » Sat Apr 29, 2017 8:53 pm

Azarael wrote:The technical issue behind GT effects appearing to have incorrect range is lack of server-side position prediction based on velocity. The range of these abilities is correct. Certain movement patterns exacerbate the issues.
Ha ty understand now

roadkillrobin

Post#10 » Sun Apr 30, 2017 6:24 am

Torquemadra wrote:If you feel this is a case for balance then wait for the balance forums to open up, I would suggest the place they are now wouldnt warrant a buff to either class.
An abillity being broken and ballanceing a class is two different things tho.
MoM/SF arn't behaving correctly, it has nothing to do with ballance. It's like ignoring to fix the lights of your car coz the car spends way less gas then it's supose to do.