Recent Topics

Ads

The New Balance Forums Question

Let's talk about... everything else
Whitesands

The New Balance Forums Question

Post#1 » Thu May 18, 2017 6:14 am

Are decisions about proposals for the new Balance Forums made by one person? If not, what is the decision process like?
Magus: Daemonfire
Engi: Handcannon

Ads
Marsares

Re: The New Balance Forums Question

Post#2 » Thu May 18, 2017 7:13 am

Torquemadra wrote:It comes down to management choice but in most cases it will likely be my decision. Its not design by committee or a majority rule because people are not always in charge of all the facts or take a complete overview into consideration.
That is comforting as it speeds up decision making, plus gives responsibility to one person who maintains a neutral overview. I'm really pleased you guys are starting to look at re-balancing in earnest again. Invariably there'll be a lot of QQ, but don't be discouraged by it... there are some clearly overperforming and some clearly underperforming classes, and some mechanics (e.g. morales) need to be looked at. In the long-run, it'll result in a better game.
Karak-Norn /// Asildur - RR100 WL /// Marsares - RR95 AM /// Nirnaeth - RR64 SW

dansari

Post#3 » Thu May 18, 2017 10:26 am

Yep. Agreed. Ultimately people need to remember this is an alpha and that we should be working towards a balanced, playable game with few bugs. If that means trying out some class balances along the way I'm all for it.
<Salt Factory>

Glorian

Post#4 » Thu May 18, 2017 10:55 am

Torquemadra wrote:It comes down to management choice but in most cases it will likely be my decision. Its not design by committee or a majority rule because people are not always in charge of all the facts or take a complete overview into consideration.

Also if you have a proposal to make you do it on your account with your characters with at least a lvl 40 character renown 40.
Lvl 40 Renown 40 on the career I am doing the proposal for.
Right?

wargrimnir
Head Game Master

Post#5 » Thu May 18, 2017 4:08 pm

Glorian wrote:

Also if you have a proposal to make you do it on your account with your characters with at least a lvl 40 character renown 40.
Lvl 40 Renown 40 on the career I am doing the proposal for.
Right?
Correct.
[email protected] for exploits and cheaters.
grimnir.me Some old WAR blog

Whitesands

Post#6 » Thu May 18, 2017 6:37 pm

Thank you for the reply. Once a decision has been made, is there any appeal? If not, what prevents all decisions not being reducible to (I guess in this case) your personal preferences? In other words, is there any check on potentially bad decisions? Are proposals able to be resubmitted at some future time?

I didn't know about proposal stipulations needing to be made by characters that are 40/40. I have several toons, so I think I need create an account with one of those names then.

zumos2

Post#7 » Thu May 18, 2017 8:20 pm

Whitesands wrote:

Thank you for the reply. Once a decision has been made, is there any appeal? If not, what prevents all decisions not being reducible to (I guess in this case) your personal preferences? In other words, is there any check on potentially bad decisions? Are proposals able to be resubmitted at some future time?

I didn't know about proposal stipulations needing to be made by characters that are 40/40. I have several toons, so I think I need create an account with one of those names then.
The 40/40 character has to be on the account: Not have the same name as the account :D
Zumos - Member of Red Guard

Current Guilds: The Unlikely Plan - Deep and Dry - Dark Omen

Whitesands

Post#8 » Fri May 19, 2017 8:14 pm

zumos2 wrote:
Whitesands wrote:

The 40/40 character has to be on the account: Not have the same name as the account :D
I see I see. Thank you for the explanation.

Ads
Whitesands

Post#9 » Fri May 19, 2017 8:17 pm

There was no reply to my earlier post with the below:

" Once a decision has been made, is there any appeal? If not, what prevents all decisions not being reducible to (I guess in this case) your personal preferences? In other words, is there any check on potentially bad decisions? Are proposals able to be resubmitted at some future time?"

I assume these are notions that haven't been considered. I suggest the Powers think on some kind of check and balance to avoid bad decisions and or determinations that really have no merit other than the personal predilections of an individual.

KikkL
Banned

Post#10 » Fri May 19, 2017 11:38 pm

seriously. Im trying to find this forum everyone is talking about, but i keep finding threads on it, WTF.

plz link me to the actual forum? Is this where we post or there?
:geek: :geek: