Recent Topics

Ads

The New Balance Forums Question

Let's talk about... everything else
xanderous

Re: The New Balance Forums Question

Post#11 » Sat May 20, 2017 12:10 am

KikkL wrote:seriously. Im trying to find this forum everyone is talking about, but i keep finding threads on it, WTF.

plz link me to the actual forum? Is this where we post or there?
:geek: :geek:
Its under administration, bellow ban appeals, nothing new as been added yet as i think all the proposals have been denied so far.
Bashgutz RR82 Borc Vaseryn RR61 SM Krantz RR82 Knight Corvinus RR70 Chosen Mormonty RR72 IB
Starkus RR70 BG Snaptz RR83 SH Plagueis RR81 Magus Alec RR85 Engie Sourgazt RR69 Shaman
Kreaver RR80 Marauder Dugald RR75 Slayer

Ads
wargrimnir
Head Game Master

Post#12 » Sat May 20, 2017 12:14 am

Whitesands wrote:There was no reply to my earlier post with the below:

" Once a decision has been made, is there any appeal? If not, what prevents all decisions not being reducible to (I guess in this case) your personal preferences? In other words, is there any check on potentially bad decisions? Are proposals able to be resubmitted at some future time?"

I assume these are notions that haven't been considered. I suggest the Powers think on some kind of check and balance to avoid bad decisions and or determinations that really have no merit other than the personal predilections of an individual.
All changes are made based on the personal predilections of the individual making them. The entire point of the discussion process is to sway those predilections and guide the conversation to a final outcome that makes the most sense. This occurs both in the public space where players have input to provide, and the private space where internal review happens. There needs to be no appeal process, as we're not blind, ignorant, and foolish to wildly overperforming changes, nor would we tolerate them.

It is quite true that staff plays on both realms, with many different classes like the rest of you. If we wildly buff one class, we're going to notice as well. The counter is also true, simply stating that one class is wildly overperforming needs to match our personal experiences to be convincing. We're not developing in a bubble, we're on the front lines with the rest of you.
[email protected] for exploits and cheaters.
grimnir.me Some old WAR blog

Whitesands

Post#13 » Mon May 22, 2017 6:32 pm

Torquemadra wrote:

" Once a decision has been made, is there any appeal? If not, what prevents all decisions not being reducible to (I guess in this case) your personal preferences? In other words, is there any check on potentially bad decisions? Are proposals able to be resubmitted at some future time?"

I assume these are notions that haven't been considered. I suggest the Powers think on some kind of check and balance to avoid bad decisions and or determinations that really have no merit other than the personal predilections of an individual.
Its a dynamic environment so things change, your engi/magus proposal will not be going anywhere for several reasons, first among which is I have plans how to adjust it all properly within the client with client control as opposed to picking at the class which has already had the most modifications and then have to unpick it and do work several times over.
Thanks for the reply. I appreciate all the work done by the staff in resurrecting this game and the improvements done to it. I understood that client control wasn't an option. I thought Azarael had stated such, as the original idea had been for BoC to be at 5 seconds, but have its ranged reduced to align with other skills (base 100ft). Is Client Control something expected relatively soon?
Magus: Daemonfire
Engi: Handcannon

Whitesands

Post#14 » Mon May 22, 2017 6:33 pm

wargrimnir wrote:

All changes are made based on the personal predilections of the individual making them. The entire point of the discussion process is to sway those predilections and guide the conversation to a final outcome that makes the most sense. This occurs both in the public space where players have input to provide, and the private space where internal review happens. There needs to be no appeal process, as we're not blind, ignorant, and foolish to wildly overperforming changes, nor would we tolerate them.

It is quite true that staff plays on both realms, with many different classes like the rest of you. If we wildly buff one class, we're going to notice as well. The counter is also true, simply stating that one class is wildly overperforming needs to match our personal experiences to be convincing. We're not developing in a bubble, we're on the front lines with the rest of you.
Thank you for the reply.
Magus: Daemonfire
Engi: Handcannon

dansari

Post#15 » Mon May 22, 2017 7:54 pm

KikkL wrote:seriously. Im trying to find this forum everyone is talking about, but i keep finding threads on it, WTF.

plz link me to the actual forum? Is this where we post or there?
:geek: :geek:
viewforum.php?f=96

At the bottom of the board index, click on "Gameplay and Balance Discussion" then click on "Proposals" to find proposed ideas (don't post on other proposals on this forum and don't post your own unless you have a thoughtful, detailed solution for the problem that exists), and "Discussions" to find proposals currently being refined through community feedback. The discussions forum is linked above.
<Salt Factory>

lilsabin

Post#16 » Mon May 22, 2017 9:34 pm

Torquemadra wrote:It comes down to management choice but in most cases it will likely be my decision. Its not design by committee or a majority rule because people are not always in charge of all the facts or take a complete overview into consideration.

Also if you have a proposal to make you do it on your account with your characters with at least a lvl 40 character renown 40.
how deep can you change things ? can u modify/add some animations or just modify "CODES" that have been allready writen.
Can you like give totaly new skills to a class , for EXEMPLE ( i said exemple) give a charge to chosen or BO...
In fact , how limited are you ? :)

wargrimnir
Head Game Master

Post#17 » Mon May 22, 2017 10:19 pm

lilsabin wrote:
Torquemadra wrote:It comes down to management choice but in most cases it will likely be my decision. Its not design by committee or a majority rule because people are not always in charge of all the facts or take a complete overview into consideration.

Also if you have a proposal to make you do it on your account with your characters with at least a lvl 40 character renown 40.
how deep can you change things ? can u modify/add some animations or just modify "CODES" that have been allready writen.
Can you like give totaly new skills to a class , for EXEMPLE ( i said exemple) give a charge to chosen or BO...
In fact , how limited are you ? :)
It's more complicated than is worth detailing. Client control allows us to build new things. Without it, we can modify old things.
[email protected] for exploits and cheaters.
grimnir.me Some old WAR blog

lilsabin

Post#18 » Mon May 22, 2017 10:55 pm

ah, ok , thnx

Ads