Recent Topics

Ads

Melee DoK "Direct Heals" - Question - Not a balance thread/post

Let's talk about... everything else
freshour
Banned

Melee DoK "Direct Heals" - Question - Not a balance thread/post

Post#1 » Fri May 19, 2017 12:46 am

So I remember when I learned that a life tap was not a direct heal. So direct heal tactics did not proc. Before I even go into what I want to suggest as a possible "balance proposal" mainly focusing around

Transferred Focus - "Any time you critically hit an enemy, your defensive target will become 20% more receptive to direct healing effects for 10 seconds."

AND

Khaine's Bounty - "Any time your direct heal critically heals an ally, you will become surrounded by a protective barrier for up to 30 seconds that absorbs 475 damage."

- Those are examples of the direct healing tag. Is it at all possible to have the life tap tag on an ability changed to direct healing? Or to have the direct healing tag on a tactic changed to be a life tap? I realize that these values and their effects can be changed, but if the actual type of heal being direct or life tap can be changed - is the question.

Obviously if I were to make a balance post there would be tweaking to the bubble tactic, as well to the defensive target, but Khaine's Bounty is probably just about as used as "Subtlety" is. But if neither of these changes are possible, then I will delete my word document that has my balance discussion proposal and move on with my life. Just thought if it was possible it could technically open up a window for a more "healing" melee healer as it would severely cut down on its utility as dps/heal debuff and so on.

Thank you.

Ads
freshour
Banned

Re: Melee DoK "Direct Heals" - Question - Not a balance thread/post

Post#2 » Fri May 19, 2017 11:40 am

:(

freshour
Banned

Post#3 » Fri May 19, 2017 7:04 pm

Could somebody give me some insight on this? I had one person in game say "client control" - but they didn't really say anything else. All I wanted to know is if this is indeed possible? It would not be ground breaking, it would merely allow the class to use two tactics including one that is never used to provide viability for a melee healer to be a melee healer.

I don't have the knowledge to know what it would take to do such a thing, but if it is or isn't in the scope of what is capable at the moment - that is kinda what I'd like to know because I have things I would like to suggest to the balance forums to smooth out the class as I've played it quite a bit. Also because I don't want it to be broken in a good or bad way. Just relevant, fun and if played properly, potent.

Dabbart

Post#4 » Fri May 19, 2017 7:20 pm

Well, they were able to change AM/sham lifetap a drastically, as well as the wp/dok changes that were reverted. So I am sure it's possible, but with the current coder(s?), that's for them to answer.

And that would be gamebreaking imo. Giving a melee dok/wp a proc bubble on a spammable ghealing melee attacks would be HUGE. But that's a discussion for a case by case basis on each tactic.

It should be possible. Gl getting it through however.
Azarael wrote: It's only a nerf if you're bad.

(see, I can shitpost too!)
Secrets wrote: Kindly adjust your attitude to actually help the community and do not impose your will on it. You aren't as powerful as you think.

freshour
Banned

Post#5 » Fri May 19, 2017 7:41 pm

Yeah obviously it wouldn't be as it is. I mean am's sm's and healing wp/dok's have the same bubble lol, you just have to shatter it and mess with the amount, chance to proc, and so forth. It would significantly reduce their damage via a tactic, and give them more sustain to heal. The other would be to allow for more burst heals for that the defensive target of choice. Neither of which in full force would be game breaking, but it would make the classes more of a contender to actually pump out some heals.

The .ab changes were broken/op as hell because playing a broken/op class is really not fun at all. It is a lot more fun when you can play a class and it performs well as long as you are a good player. Most of the dok changes I see offered are either closet nerfs or MEGA buffs, neither of which it needs. But again... if it was stated that this is possible I can list off my suggestions to make the class have more of a role as a healer in the melee front and less of this.... bleh that q's for pug sc's 99% of the time lol. Trust me... bubbles are not OP, they are annoying. You mess with the bubble and can give your opinion when they say if it is possible or not. But I have all weekend to edit my post, just need the go ahead that this is possible.

wargrimnir
Head Game Master

Post#6 » Fri May 19, 2017 7:51 pm

Some changes we can make if there is a corresponding buff or indicator that can be modified on the server end. Other changes that modify abilities drastically are less enticing, because without client control, we cannot modify the tooltips the provide clarity into the change to begin with. This leads to abilities looking like they do one thing, and actually doing another. In other cases, complex abilities that were never built for the class are not possible because the client doesn't have a carrier for that type of ability. These can be built from scratch and inserted into the client once we're able to do client patching, but not sooner. Even deeper into the rabbit hole is building entirely new handlers on the server which requires a Dev to invest time, where the ability system is largely DB dependent as far as what we're currently willing to change.

There's also a matter of time and priority, WP/DoK are on the list of things to be touched, but since a large portion of their stuff would be far better done using client modifications, they're not a priority currently. Patcher, soon, two weeks, etc.
[email protected] for exploits and cheaters.
grimnir.me Some old WAR blog

freshour
Banned

Post#7 » Fri May 19, 2017 7:56 pm

wargrimnir wrote:Some changes we can make if there is a corresponding buff or indicator that can be modified on the server end. Other changes that modify abilities drastically are less enticing, because without client control, we cannot modify the tooltips the provide clarity into the change to begin with. This leads to abilities looking like they do one thing, and actually doing another. In other cases, complex abilities that were never built for the class are not possible because the client doesn't have a carrier for that type of ability. These can be built from scratch and inserted into the client once we're able to do client patching, but not sooner. Even deeper into the rabbit hole is building entirely new handlers on the server which requires a Dev to invest time, where the ability system is largely DB dependent as far as what we're currently willing to change.

There's also a matter of time and priority, WP/DoK are on the list of things to be touched, but since a large portion of their stuff would be far better done using client modifications, they're not a priority currently. Patcher, soon, two weeks, etc.
Thank you for the reply, I'll continue to collect data and keep my post to myself. I've put a stupid amount of thought into it and I'm more than ready whenever we do get client control to go into as much depth as I need to for possible changes. I'm not a fan of big changes, but smaller ones that add up to be a nice feeling when used together. But okay. Back to grinding.