Recent Topics

Ads

Miss opportunities/Wasted potential

Let's talk about... everything else
Azerreth

Miss opportunities/Wasted potential

Post#1 » Fri May 19, 2017 5:52 am

Can we just take a minute to look at just how much this game missed out on when being originally developed? We could of had so many more races, and interesting environments along with such a excellent map selection. We could of had so much more given to us had this game got the time it deserved.

We could of had Vampire counts, Tomb Kings(playable), Lizard-men, Skaven(properly playable), Ogre's, Beastmen and a whole bunch more **** that could of been distributed in dlc for each side. I mean their models are there, and they were never used as well most likely the environments and other assets. The beastmen and Skaven with how popular they are alongside the others listed are missed in this game, Pve mobs are such a waste of their potential. Most of us are sitting here hoping they will become playable in time, but lets face it I doubt we will get that or even the other capital cities.

But its harrowing to think that had this game had its proper time, and the proper love and care given to it that we could of played these amazing races. And had other cities to siege and other zones to explore and delve into, Id of loved to play a lizard-man or a skaven and actually fought alongside the other races. To have Destruction consist of The raven host, Dark elves, Orks, Skaven, beastmen and... maybe tomb kings?

Vs Empire, High elves, Dwarves, Vampire counts(they are kinda behind the empire, they dont like each other but they dont like chaos either.) Lizard-men and Ogre's in a big siege. If ever the dev's managed to bring any of that to fruition Id be so happy I dont know what I'd do. But I doubt its possible or that they wish to take the time to do it (it would be a hell of a process), So one can only wonder what it would of been like.

Ads
roadkillrobin

Re: Miss opportunities/Wasted potential

Post#2 » Fri May 19, 2017 6:23 am

Well, the problem was that they were forced to an early release were Greenskins and Dwarfs were missing mdps and Empire and Dark Elf missing tanks so they were forced to make the game mix racial durning late development and that makes ballance a complicated mather hence why there was no way of adding new races or classes to the game without disrupting the game ballance.

By the time the missing tanks and melee dps were added people had allready intergrated into the meta and people have made relationships with guilds and the community on basis of mixed race groups. Forcing people that plays together to reroll would moast likly been a damaging decisiion as people were allready invested in their classes and the game was allready taking a heavy beating due to bugs etz.

Thats why we never saw more races or the lost cities added to the game. I'm pretty sure the orginal design of the campain never intended to mix with the other pairings until t4, were lots of questlines leading the other parings towards Empire/Choas.

If the concept of 1v1, 1v1, 1v1 pairings and 2 factions still exsisted they could endlessly add new races to the game without much ballance issues, aslong as they add 2 at the time and not breaking the 2 faction concept. With evrything being mixed racial now, it would pretty much be impossible to add more, as it would have massive effect on internal/external ballance and the game allready suffers alot of overlapping effects wich invalidates whole classes.

Moast evidence actually points towards, the quick fix of mixed racial group, compensation for not having developed tanks and mdps for some races, was just intended for a tempoary sollution, but it stuck.
Last edited by roadkillrobin on Fri May 19, 2017 7:39 am, edited 2 times in total.

Azerreth

Post#3 » Fri May 19, 2017 6:31 am

They could still add Races at this point if it were possible since the "Balance" has been given up on, and make the new class's fill a different form of the current rolls.

Ex Lizard-man class who tanks does so through self healing and active mitigation but can be shut down by cc if not properly prepared/backed up. Making them more of a skill based class rather than a "I built up X amount of rr points into parry".

Though as I Stated Its probably impossible, and I completely agree with your sentiments.

footpatrol2

Post#4 » Fri May 19, 2017 6:59 am

I agree with you roadkill. Very well stated.

Tiggo
Former Staff

Post#5 » Fri May 19, 2017 8:23 am

even with the limited content the game was pested with uncountable bugs, imbalance, misdevelopments, gameplay issues and foremost performance issues.

so fixing the obvious AND introducing the content you mentioned would have taken mythic aditional YEARS and facing fast bankruptcy.
- Martock - Tiggo - Antigonos - Mago - Hamilkar - Melquart
- Smooshie (Destro)

roadkillrobin

Post#6 » Fri May 19, 2017 8:36 am

Moast of the imballancs is due to the free for all group comps tho. Wich would have been much easier solved with more limitations on what you can compose your group with.

Also the whole concept of Warhammer is racial army vs racial Army. Alliances in the Warhammer universe are extremly fragile and is basd on common threats against more then one faction. But never do they mix externaly like they did in AoR. At moast it's a supporting unit of some kind or hired Dogs of War. I'm really supriced that GW IP supervisor even allowed it tbh, as it's a big departure from their franchise.