Recent Topics

Ads

Seals of the Paragon

Let's talk about... everything else
xanderous

Seals of the Paragon

Post#1 » Sat May 20, 2017 11:50 pm

Is there a kill quest for these in T4 for seals of the paragon, the new exemplar seals kill quest is really helping with the grind.
Bashgutz RR82 Borc Vaseryn RR61 SM Krantz RR82 Knight Corvinus RR70 Chosen Mormonty RR72 IB
Starkus RR70 BG Snaptz RR83 SH Plagueis RR81 Magus Alec RR85 Engie Sourgazt RR69 Shaman
Kreaver RR80 Marauder Dugald RR75 Slayer

Ads
wargrimnir
Head Game Master

Re: Seals of the Paragon

Post#2 » Sun May 21, 2017 4:40 am

The goal is to have enough by the time you're able to wear them, with some variance. Shouldn't need them for T4, but we will monitor anyway.
[email protected] for exploits and cheaters.
grimnir.me Some old WAR blog

Collateral

Post#3 » Sun May 21, 2017 8:27 am

You can basicaly get t3 seals in one day if you are lucky enough with population, and willing to farm it out. I got 100 just yesterday. I would also like to note it was very fun returning to t3. But t4 seals on the other hand...I have 150 since they were released, which is what, over a month now, and I played a LOT of rvr. So I have no idea how long it will take me to complete those, with no quests to keep some kind of track, it's just rng fron the rolls, and a couple you get from zone locks.

xanderous

Post#4 » Sun May 21, 2017 11:00 am

wargrimnir wrote:The goal is to have enough by the time you're able to wear them, with some variance. Shouldn't need them for T4, but we will monitor anyway.
Ok thanks, yeah i don't have much luck on the random rolls when it comes to the paragon seals and because it is totally random its scales on a level one cannot realistically calculate an average amount gained of a period of time, at least with a kill quest, you can predict how long one is likely to receive x amount based on quest deliveries.
Bashgutz RR82 Borc Vaseryn RR61 SM Krantz RR82 Knight Corvinus RR70 Chosen Mormonty RR72 IB
Starkus RR70 BG Snaptz RR83 SH Plagueis RR81 Magus Alec RR85 Engie Sourgazt RR69 Shaman

anarchypark

Post#5 » Sun May 21, 2017 12:21 pm

T2/T3 150 kill quests rewards total 20 seals. That was huge improve. ( maybe too much ? )
I thought T3 farming would've been harder than T4.
well, let's see how T4 farming goes.
SM8, SW8, AM8, WL7, KoBS5, BW5, WP8, WH7, IB7, Eng5, RP5, SL6
BG8, Sorc8, DoK8, WE7, Chs8, Mg8, Ze7, Mara8, BO6, SH7, Shm5, Chop4
SC summary - viewtopic.php?f=8&t=20415
( last update : 2020.06.09)

xanderous

Post#6 » Sun May 21, 2017 4:26 pm

Not too much no, i'd say geting 150 kills is pretty rare in t3, lately it has been more active but its going to calm down again pretty soon, mark my words.

Haskr

Post#7 » Sun May 21, 2017 6:21 pm

What i dont quite understand is: do you need the one sort OR the other sort of seals, or both for a piece of gear?
And where do you take the quest, in an active zone? At the keep lord? i looked a bit around, but couldnt find it it seems ;(

wargrimnir
Head Game Master

Post#8 » Sun May 21, 2017 6:52 pm

Keep in mind, the larger intent for seals in T3, is so people level new characters through RvR. As the debolster bump in population wears down, it should be organically replaced by people leveling through instead of grinding PvE mobs. Action begets action.
[email protected] for exploits and cheaters.
grimnir.me Some old WAR blog

Ads
xanderous

Post#9 » Sun May 21, 2017 8:24 pm

wargrimnir wrote:Keep in mind, the larger intent for seals in T3, is so people level new characters through RvR. As the debolster bump in population wears down, it should be organically replaced by people leveling through instead of grinding PvE mobs. Action begets action.
Yes i agree with you in regards to that but bare in mind that the paragon seals take a long time to grind due to not having a kill quest, most people i have spoken to have agreed they would rather spend their time in t4 farming paragons first then exemplar seals secondary.
This is because of two things, more renown and the chance at winning conq or getting conq medalions, plus other t4 rewards, so realistically those people who no doubt will have alts to replace those slots in population in t3 will do that but not at frequency to keep zones active, also not everyone is interested in the new sets, some have even argued that time it takes them to farm the seals to buy the pots is lost time in t4, so that is also a loss of renown gain as well.

Cimba

Post#10 » Mon May 22, 2017 8:33 am

I have to admit I quite enjoyed the t3 rvr this weekend with my squig. To the extend that I rather debolster from level 32 to t3 instead of going into t4. Because lets face it with level 32 in T4 you're more of a liability than an asset.

In regards to the seals of paragon. I went from rr68 to rr70 on my BW since I started playing again. We did about equal parts of rvr and scenarios. Assuming that, I gained ~250k renown in rvr which resulted in ~170 seals of the paragon. Thats about 1,5k renown per seal. I believe you need 500 of those which would equal about 735k renown. (I played usually in full groups and most players rolled on the seals. Competent solo players would obviously have a higher gain rate)

I don't know which renown rank you have at 700k renown but assuming you enter T4 rvr with something around rr35 you would probably be RR50+ before you can buy the set. Assuming you have a group/warband that can kill a lot of stuff.