Recent Topics

Ads

DoK Healing - Anyone know max healing potential?

Let's talk about... everything else
freshour
Banned

DoK Healing - Anyone know max healing potential?

Post#1 » Mon May 22, 2017 1:14 pm

I usually spec heals for RvR or if I happen to have an SC group that just can't handle a melee DoK so I'll swap to heals. In a coordinated 6 man I don't feel like it is under performing but when I dare to solo Q.... Yeesh. I do my normal hots, cleanses, get my aoe heals and blah blah blah, 4k armor, don't die all that much... But man the healing feels so down now that I actually look at the numbers.

I have also been playing my shaman some, it was mainly for t2 like a year ago roaming around DPS'ing people and now I'm roaming with that at 40 and terrrrrrible gear. But it it is life tapping for like 2.5-3k with only 400 WP lol. 900 WP and fulllllll Dark Rights and I'm critting maybe 2k on a few abilities pending there isn't a SW heal debuff on the target which is also rare.

So has anyone reached max will power and max healing power to see if the numbers actually become solid? I understand armor is key here, and 4k isn't terrible as I said, back line healer has always been more of an alt spec but I don't have the gear currently to test out what max WP and Healing Power can churn out. So does anyone know?

Thank you!!

Ads
CegeePegee
Former Staff

Re: DoK Healing - Anyone know max healing potential?

Post#2 » Mon May 22, 2017 1:39 pm

I feel it actually makes sense that as backline healers we DON'T see our full potential as backline was never the design intent for this class, it's just a pathetic cop-out put in place my Mythic years ago when folks whined that melee healing was too hard. My hope is that once we have client control in place the dok ex mode can be revisited so that we can finally start to set the healing side of this class right.

But to your point, I completely agree about how meh the heals are in a pug set up. Currently for a dok to heal well *consistently* in a pug they really need to be coordinated with one other healer, preferably a zealot (imo) or a second dok. For some reason dok+shammy just doesn't have quite the same synergy. And since coordination in a pug is a crapshoot at best, dok heals tend to be underwhelming from my personal experience. Until we can get proper melee healing in place perhaps a PSA on the merits of healers paying attention to each other in pug situations is needed :p For example, I'm constantly noticing other healers NOT cleansing or shielding the group and when i'm group cleansing like a maniac, the other healer is all but ignoring the fact that i'm loaded up with dots and debuffs. A real bummer.

My short-term solution to the pug situation is to duo queue with another healer so that we can at least coordinate heals and it does help but I get that that isn't a valid solution for everyone.

Amidala
Former Staff

Post#3 » Mon May 22, 2017 2:34 pm

Goodl dok potential is call a friend(tank),ask to him to put on you guard,and be a good dmg/healer dok
There are a lot of good players that I see in sc be dps and at the same time be really cool with heal.But you need another player and a good coordination with him
Dok with chalice is boring and well...you play with half of your spells(too easy) ,zealot works better in backline.Anyway on youtube you can find some good videos about it ^-^
Just dont be a dps dok without a guard/coordination =x
Actually there is a real nice couple(dok+chosen) that is running in sc/rvr ,they are absolutly fantastic

Princess Amidala Estellanor

--Tilean Warlords--Amidala AM-Drafalgar SM
--Hammer Kult--Amidalina ZE

roadkillrobin

Post#4 » Mon May 22, 2017 2:57 pm

Goin full heal output on DoK/WP is in general a bad idea. Its a defensive class that needs to be just behind your frontline to get the moast out of the class, as you should use your melee skills to regen SE/RF. The class is playeble when you don't but then people starts to die off. Its very critical that you always have SE/RF as high as possible when someone takes heavy dmg coz it's the only way to burst trough it. It relies on HoTs and quick shots of bursts. Meaning you can't take time if healing and cast Blood Offering/Suplication mid burst dmg. Moast of your heal skills are AoE and scale very bad with willpower and healing power.

The class when played right is actually very close to the archetype description. But loosing the AoE detaunt kinda forced even further back. This should be a core abillity for DoK/WP imo.

CegeePegee
Former Staff

Post#5 » Mon May 22, 2017 3:11 pm

i think the point the OP was making was regarding playing dok in a pug where sheer heal output is a thing since you're likely not getting guarded or even healed when you're taking heat. i can attest that the poster does understand how to "properly"
play the class but that can sometimes go out the window in a pug situation since playing non-dps dok correctly can be somewhat dependent on the rest of your group knowing not to run behind you and leave you for dead or understanding that you need a guard once in a while, etc. but maybe i misunderstood.

freshour
Banned

Post#6 » Mon May 22, 2017 3:17 pm

CegeePegee wrote:i think the point the OP was making was regarding playing dok in a pug where sheer heal output is a thing since you're likely not getting guarded or even healed when you're taking heat. i can attest that the poster does understand how to "properly"
play the class but that can sometimes go out the window in a pug situation since playing non-dps dok correctly can be somewhat dependent on the rest of your group knowing not to run behind you and leave you for dead or understanding that you need a guard once in a while, etc. but maybe i misunderstood.
^

roadkillrobin

Post#7 » Mon May 22, 2017 3:32 pm

CegeePegee wrote:i think the point the OP was making was regarding playing dok in a pug where sheer heal output is a thing since you're likely not getting guarded or even healed when you're taking heat. i can attest that the poster does understand how to "properly"
I was moastly replying to this tho.
So has anyone reached max will power and max healing power to see if the numbers actually become solid? I understand armor is key here, and 4k isn't terrible as I said, back line healer has always been more of an alt spec but I don't have the gear currently to test out what max WP and Healing Power can churn out. So does anyone know?

Thank you!!

freshour
Banned

Post#8 » Mon May 22, 2017 4:05 pm

Okay, lets clear this up. I was making a post about if anyone has ever tried capping willpower and healing power on the DoK to see if the numbers actually go up and if they do go up a lot - maybe a few examples?

I know how to play a DoK. I know how to play a healing DoK. I know how to play a melee DPS DoK. I know how to play a melee healing DoK. I have played a lot of DoK. Stop giving suggestions on how to play a DoK when I have tested out basically every single possible gear/spec/RR combination the game has to offer.

Okay, now that that is out of the way... Does anyone have an answer to my OP question that is not a reference to how it should be played, how they play it (unless they cap willpower and healing power) - ??????

Thank you!!!!

Ads
roadkillrobin

Post#9 » Mon May 22, 2017 4:08 pm

I've tried it, And it's a bad idea like i stated and i also explnaied why it is.
Why take it personally?

antiquities

Post#10 » Mon May 22, 2017 4:12 pm

just roll a shaman
i play some terrible WE and some terrible WH