Recent Topics

Ads

Best DPS/burst glass cannon class? (n00b to RoR)

Let's talk about... everything else
Grunklestank

Best DPS/burst glass cannon class? (n00b to RoR)

Post#1 » Fri Jun 23, 2017 12:48 am

I'm wanting to play a very high DPS class, pretty much glass cannon class/spec. I like burst damage and big numbers. From what friends have told me, BW's got nerfed some on this server, so what are my best options on this server's patch? Order/Destro doesn't matter to me really.

Could you guys please throw out some suggestions for me? Thanks!
Grunklestank - BW
Grunklebro - AM (Formerly VirginNerd)
Grunkleskank - Zealot

< Montague >
Memes Quality Assurance Officer

Ads
GodlessCrom
Suspended

Re: Best DPS/burst glass cannon class? (n00b to RoR)

Post#2 » Fri Jun 23, 2017 1:20 am

Bright Wizard and Sorcerer are still the kings of burst dps/glass cannon. White Lions are definitely the kings of melee burst dps, which can be inherently squishier than ranged burst dps (because you're up in someone's face, like a man, not shooting lazers at them from 100 feet away), and they're also a decent solo-roaming/solo-queue class due to their mobility and pet. All melee dps classes have decent burst IMO, but White Lion is by far the burstiest (teehee). I think Marauders have some good burst as well (Thunderous Blow is basically 1400 unhealable damage right off the bat, but can be cleansed), and they look cooler than some pointy-ear with a cat, but definitely less burst overall than their elven counterpart.
Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king!

ToXoS

Post#3 » Fri Jun 23, 2017 1:28 am

I don't think BW was nerfed, and even if it was, it doesn't looks like it.
It kills things just like it should.

But you should try Sorceror. If you like big numbers, Word of Pain for example hits for 2K+ at rank 40 on squishies. And that's just one ability.

I think Sorc have a little more single target burst than BW, but unlike the BW, Sorc don't have access to things like heal debuff, ranged knockdown, a self cleanse and good morals abilities.

I'm not a pro on the matter, I just have a Sorc 40/41.

Playing a rdps is probably the safest option if you're new to the game, or not playing since a long time.
At least that's what I've done, but now I find rdps to be boring and too easy. I have a lot more fun playing my marauder.

Krima

Post#4 » Fri Jun 23, 2017 2:13 am

It was supposed to be the mdps on light armor..but no, Its the mdps on medium armor + pet.
Krima - WE RR 87
Carnage :ugeek:

Xplodonator

Post#5 » Fri Jun 23, 2017 4:17 am

What Godless said. RangedDPS go Sorc/BW. MeleeDPS go White Lion/Marauder.

None were nerfed, all are still viable. In PUGs I guess Sorc/BW is still easier. If you got at least SOME assist by your group, Mara/WL will turn into machines of Death.

shaggyboomboom

Post#6 » Fri Jun 23, 2017 5:44 am

WE less burstier than mara?

merkin

Post#7 » Fri Jun 23, 2017 5:48 am

ToXoS wrote:I don't think BW was nerfed, and even if it was, it doesn't looks like it.
It kills things just like it should.

But you should try Sorceror. If you like big numbers, Word of Pain for example hits for 2K+ at rank 40 on squishies. And that's just one ability.

I think Sorc have a little more single target burst than BW, but unlike the BW, Sorc don't have access to things like heal debuff, ranged knockdown, a self cleanse and good morals abilities.

I'm not a pro on the matter, I just have a Sorc 40/41.

Playing a rdps is probably the safest option if you're new to the game, or not playing since a long time.
At least that's what I've done, but now I find rdps to be boring and too easy. I have a lot more fun playing my marauder.
I play both classes. 40/60 bw and a 40/50 sorc. Sorcs are a great out of the box class ex: what you see is what you get. They **** **** up. BW are a class too... They're a class that comes with a bunch of addons that you have to spend for. You have to sacrifice other benefits for other benefits. Think of the BW as a module class. You get what you pay for out of the box. However if you want to make addons to it, you will need to sacrifice other areas of the class to make those changes.

tldr: sorcs stronger out of the box and continues to hit like a truck, bw more modular base and more adaptable.

Deehorsey
Suspended

Post#8 » Fri Jun 23, 2017 6:14 am

merkin wrote:BW
Murk!! I'm comin to play again 8-)
I can simply lock this thread and you guys will just have to deal with whatever ends up being implemented.

Ads
Haojin

Post#9 » Fri Jun 23, 2017 6:48 am

Sorc/BW got the fastest ranged burst potantial but if you're new to game these classes won't fit for you.

Go with SW-SH or Magus-Engie.
Guildmaster of Phalanx

K8P - Karak Norn

spikespiegel84

Post#10 » Fri Jun 23, 2017 7:14 am

When equipped with BiS, and know how to play, Witch Elf and Witch Hunter can drop almost every target in seconds. Witch Elf is in my opinion even better, damagewise. With a sorc proc buff and a skull thumper on target, the amount of burst damage is simply immoral. Bw/sorc have the highest numbers, but simply not viable if not aided. You damage yourself and you need full gauge career mechanic. Choppa /Slayer drop awesome crits, but squishy. Sw/Sh are not even close to sorc/bw, but definitely deadly and have good utility and kite ability