Recent Topics

Ads

Why do you think that WH Online (Mythic) didn't was successfull?

Let's talk about... everything else
ragafury

Re: Why do you think that WH Online (Mythic) didn't was successfull?

Post#131 » Thu Jul 27, 2017 9:45 pm

lilsabin wrote:
Collateral wrote:Saying that switching guard in a 2-2-2 rarely happens couldn't be farther from the truth. It seems to me that you don't play much in serious groups against serious opposition (not that I'm an absolute pro, but I had a fair share of intense fights). I don't think guard needs a rework. It's a fairly simple system that a tank has to learn (along with timing challenge, which so many people forget) if he really wants to play properly. It defines the class, and being a tank who can switch fast and watch over your group, deciding who needs guard the most if you're outnumbered, separates the good ones from the not so good ones.
so , why do you think "MOST" people playing tanks dont use guard (or forget) p.s. i am not talking about the same pro players who always run in a guild such as avocetti ? :)
The examples are two extremes. (pugs vs. premade)
some ppl here like to cherry pick. And especially you are most of the time just around for provoking. That's why I leave the discussion after this statement.

I played enough pug sc's (farmed all my SC gear via solo q / pug q to at least 95% (~3.5k tokens) rest was "muh 6 man bro", so I can safely say: at least 85% of the people who play tanks, snb tanks, 2hd tanks and lul dps tanks combined use guard.
This "people don't use guard theory" is just a urban myth some ppl try to spread or perhabs people have vietnam flashbacks from live. I don't know.

If you play in a pug WB, most of the time a /tell is enough to fix that issue cause ppl forget because of leavers and joiners and grp adjusting by the leader.

But you can't balance a game around the worst players who don't use there abilites at all or don't use an archetype defininig ability.
That's than not even balancing for casuals, that's than just stupid balancing and would result in a game with major flaws which good ppl would exploit.
--- inactive ---
---guildless---

Ads
vouzou

Post#132 » Thu Jul 27, 2017 11:10 pm

So what did Mythic do wrong?
I can think a lot of thinks for this but the main reason is that there is no equality between classes.None of the mirror classes on both sides are the same in terms of abilites and tactics.That is creating a hude gap between skilled and unskilled players because if i have the skill and play a better class than another one who is unskilled then i will shine twice.
If i don't have skill and play a better class than someone who is skilled then we will be almost equals with the other guy winning a little more cause of the skill.
This game was supposed to be a team game with having groups and warbands. The coordination and skill of players should make the difference on each fight.
The classes must have equality on what they provide to the group.
There should be no one class type shine above the others f.e. Dok's and Wp bets healers on game.
Today on ror if you play destro you see many slayers puting SL on everyone and if you play order you see a ton of aoe snares from black orcs.
There is a lot of CC in game and order has range KD while destro don't but destro get morale pump abilities while most of order classes don't have access to them except AM.
We and Wh are usuless on warbands.
Marauder and Wl are unequal for warband cause marauder aoe tree is better than Wl wich there is not exist.
There was a try to make equality on abilities giving the same ability to different class f.e. Wispering wind on SM and chop fasta on choppa. But this made thinks worst cause choppa chould do dmg while sm could not as he is tank.
Armour sets and weapons gave a huge gap on dps defence etc.
Lotd was a crapish try to give some breath to the game but it destroyed it more.

Well i can write many more but you see my point.
They create an unfinished pvp oriented group play game, they made the so called mirror clases that the only mirros they have is mechanic and some basic abilities, they overpower some of them, they had in mind small scale fights no big ones and they wanted it to be succefull.
We all know what happend at the end.
Korthian Dok of Phalanx
Korthi Wp of Zerg

lilsabin

Post#133 » Fri Jul 28, 2017 12:26 am

ragafury wrote:
lilsabin wrote:
Collateral wrote:Saying that switching guard in a 2-2-2 rarely happens couldn't be farther from the truth. It seems to me that you don't play much in serious groups against serious opposition (not that I'm an absolute pro, but I had a fair share of intense fights). I don't think guard needs a rework. It's a fairly simple system that a tank has to learn (along with timing challenge, which so many people forget) if he really wants to play properly. It defines the class, and being a tank who can switch fast and watch over your group, deciding who needs guard the most if you're outnumbered, separates the good ones from the not so good ones.
so , why do you think "MOST" people playing tanks dont use guard (or forget) p.s. i am not talking about the same pro players who always run in a guild such as avocetti ? :)
The examples are two extremes. (pugs vs. premade)
some ppl here like to cherry pick. And especially you are most of the time just around for provoking. That's why I leave the discussion after this statement.

I played enough pug sc's (farmed all my SC gear via solo q / pug q to at least 95% (~3.5k tokens) rest was "muh 6 man bro", so I can safely say: at least 85% of the people who play tanks, snb tanks, 2hd tanks and lul dps tanks combined use guard.
This "people don't use guard theory" is just a urban myth some ppl try to spread or perhabs people have vietnam flashbacks from live. I don't know.

If you play in a pug WB, most of the time a /tell is enough to fix that issue cause ppl forget because of leavers and joiners and grp adjusting by the leader.

But you can't balance a game around the worst players who don't use there abilites at all or don't use an archetype defininig ability.
That's than not even balancing for casuals, that's than just stupid balancing and would result in a game with major flaws which good ppl would exploit.
actually i agree with you :)

cryao

Post#134 » Fri Jul 28, 2017 2:15 am

Only real reason is they stopped caring to put anymore time and effort in the game and they knew the numbers were declining and instead of going f2p and offering a cash shop to fuel the funds for the staff and new content but they didn't. So there you go it caused a great game to die.