Recent Topics

Ads

WHY ARE SHAMANS SO OP?

Let's talk about... everything else
roadkillrobin

Re: WHY ARE SHAMANS SO OP?

Post#51 » Tue Jul 18, 2017 2:22 pm

TenTonHammer wrote:
roadkillrobin wrote: The difference is you don't take stuff away from players that spent years of progressing a character.

The devs took away Blade of Ruin from BG and last i checked their are even more BGs now

If the changes are made well then it dosnt matter
There was an overall significiant buff to the class and if there are more BG players around it's coz of the buff. If you take away something or nerf, whatever term you prefer theres gonna be less of them.

Ads
shaggyboomboom

Post#52 » Tue Jul 18, 2017 2:24 pm

witch hunters should get run away and pounce and aoe snare and warrior priests should get shields and sword and sandals

Sulorie

Post#53 » Tue Jul 18, 2017 2:27 pm

roadkillrobin wrote:
TenTonHammer wrote:
roadkillrobin wrote: The difference is you don't take stuff away from players that spent years of progressing a character.

The devs took away Blade of Ruin from BG and last i checked their are even more BGs now

If the changes are made well then it dosnt matter
There was an overall significiant buff to the class and if there are more BG players around it's coz of the buff. If you take away something or nerf, whatever term you prefer theres gonna be less of them.
All who cry about nerfs and stop playing classes because of it had time to participate in class discussions and give their opinion about upcoming fixes. It might be a problem that only few are able to give valuable feedback without getting emotional.
Dying is no option.

Arteker616

Post#54 » Tue Jul 18, 2017 2:55 pm

Gerv wrote:
Arteker616 wrote:
Gerv wrote:The open complaining of one individual with no supportive evidence is not the commitment of a nerf, furthermore there will always be classes that out-perform in certain situations, which lead to threads like this.
The over performing of classes in certain specific situations is less of a concern because balance should and to the best intentions and attempts, revolves around group based play styles and synergies. (I am going to get trolled for this comment)
The shaman does not have issues with gimping multiple play styles, but rather like the AM, has a few, identified, over performing attributes.
Care to elaborate what are those over performing attributes ?.Would be a great idea to list em up and ur Reasons to think they are over performing .

There is always great players wich make class shine due to his own skill or his group but that doesnt mean the class dont have his own issues at all,

And to be honest u guys scare the `player base with these comments , because the enrf this the enrf that random topic are starting to reminder the players of the 3 months balance classes wich u had in wow , and on my personal opinion , with our population scaring the hell of people is bad idea to keep a stable population.

And why the wl whine post get locked asap but one with shaman keeps it open :twisted:
read this proposal: viewtopic.php?f=95&t=21449 its the most recent, clear outline of which and why abilities specific to the Sham and Am are over performing and what can be done to rectify these issues. These aspects of the class have been issues for a long time, known to many in the small scale and competitive community. They were made more prevelant to the wider community when the LoB AM video was released which featured a small group seeming endlessly kiting destruction around and surviving against high odds. I know they are an excellent gorup of players, I have played against them in 6v6 and RvR but even these players recognize it as over performing.

The shaman spec is less of an issue because of the required renown points to spec into a complete life-tap build while the AM requires less renown overall. Don't get me wrong, the majority of .ab changes are fantastic, and give the Sham and AM much greater skill ceiling and capabilities than they had on live compared to the other 2 healing classes and this is not the focus of changes to the classes. Again, the intention is not to nerf it to the ground but to reduce it, progressively, in small iterations until the over-performing aspects are in-line with the remainder of the class whilst remaining functional and viable mastery specs.
First and foremost thanks for the reply. my issue with ur answer is vaul and fury are allready prety much over nerfed , as u should know by now only 60+ shamans run it because with nerf its to much risky to run it agaisnt class with insta fetch , and rkds .

Second u comparing apples to oranges since shaman and any good shaman can tell you this if not i invite u to talk with chifli, shamka , arnagob or vzbznil the lifetap build has serious ap management issues shaman lifetap cannot compensate . shamans got not wild healing or aoe drain, am does and it does pay .

My problem in the personal u can count with ease the numbers of good ams on order than can actualy kite , and play the class well, and actualy do pug .while Destru has over 10+ very good shamans as healers and as kiters wich actualy move outside 6 mans making the class most seen and of course hated by order, and one of the reasons of order crying .

This is the same problem with Sw and shs . but seems all the Hits comments are going about destru xxx is op and it get tiresome, i know naming and shaming is agaisnt police of forums but when i keep reading in order chat even choppa is more op than slayer,,, well i know **** hits the fan and maybe u will see a nerf based on it .

shaggyboomboom

Post#55 » Tue Jul 18, 2017 3:30 pm

the post above just shows you have no idea what you are talking about, aoe ap drain is absolute trash and no good am specs for wild healing. you should have no ap issues assuming you have the ap drain up all the time (which you should). also ap pots are on a 60s CD, which means you can use 1 every 30s. maybe stop spamming aoe heal and start actually thinking when healing

Sulorie

Post#56 » Tue Jul 18, 2017 3:41 pm

I would raise cd of ap pots and look how classes work without spamming them. All talk about ap issues is void, when gear and abilities are not enough to mitigate said issues on a regular basis. Not talking about extreme circumstances like ap drains.

PS: I don't say AM/Sham lack ap, I only say what baseline you need to judge the case.
Dying is no option.

shaggyboomboom

Post#57 » Tue Jul 18, 2017 3:46 pm

ze/rp ap ritual, chosen/kobs aura, wp/dok ap tactic. there is plenty you could list, if you are having ap issues then you are doing something very very wrong.

Daknallbomb
Game Artist

Post#58 » Tue Jul 18, 2017 3:47 pm

wy the hell a flamy balance thread is still open ?
Tinkabell 40/41 Magus Whaagit 40/41 SH Whaagot 40/54 BO Daknallfrosch 40/72shammy

Ads
ToXoS

Post#59 » Tue Jul 18, 2017 3:50 pm

Daknallbomb wrote:wy the hell a flamy balance thread is still open ?
Idk. The one I've done today about WL got locked almost instantly.

shaggyboomboom

Post#60 » Tue Jul 18, 2017 3:54 pm

cuz this is quality shitposting material