Recent Topics

Ads

POLL - RVR - What would make you play more?

Let's talk about... everything else

Poll: Which of these would make you want to play more RVR

Remove nerf to PVE farming so you can get in the real action sooner.
12%
Remove nerf to RVR quest gold gain
2%
Increased XP/RR/Influence gain in the lower tiers (RVR/SC)
12%
Genesis drops in RVR (be it at a very low rate, not quite fortune set, but low)
9%
Conq gear drops from kills
19%
More viable gear options (Not more power creep, just more options for dif stat combinations)
12%
more medallion drops
15%
All of the above
9%
Other (comment below)
10%
Total votes: 395

freshour
Banned

Re: POLL - RVR - What would make you play more?

Post#21 » Wed Jul 19, 2017 5:38 pm

dansari wrote:
Jaycub wrote:-streamline 1-32 grind (people will roll alts and play more)
Honestly 1-32 "grind" isn't that bad atm.. I play NA and I felt like I had ample time to play through each tier, do a small amount of PVE, and learn more about my class before I hit T4. It took maybe 2 weeks of consistent playing of my alt (and it was a tank.. not a WL or rdps that can solo rvr easier). What I do think could help is if the most efficient method of leveling was shared with new players... where to go to join gear farming, etc.
I get that the counter argument to faster leveling is you spend more time learning your class. And I think that obviously.. well HOPEFULLY the more time you spend on your class the better lol. But would there be any solution to allowing the faster grind to 32 but locking you out of say SC emblems/RVR medals if your RR is below a certain amount?

That way people could get to t4 where the majority of the action is, but also have a penalty? I don't think you can ever have the best of both worlds. But I do know I played like... 8 different classes on order and I only have 2 that are 40 on destro mostly due to the time it takes since I can't really play all that much so when I do I'd rather play with friends on their high levels then grind out a lower level (I think it would be okay to just say tough **** to this lol) - point being - Is it not possible to give people their faster time to 32, but implementing a penalty in doing so? Maybe so they wouldn't steal the emblems/medals from their team since they powered through? Maybe this is just a bad idea... idk. Just spitballing.

Ads
Juppstein

Post#22 » Wed Jul 19, 2017 5:43 pm

Allowing a wb commander to send certain groups in a wb to join an sc by checkboxing such groups? Those restriction of not beimg able to sc while in a wb is a bit harsh in my opinion.
Nuln-Hergig-Drakenwald-RoR
Osimus Battmann - WH T3
Dumathor Dunkelbier - IB T3

Daknallbomb
Game Artist

Post#23 » Wed Jul 19, 2017 5:46 pm

Voted for other : Wy?
I would play more orvr If both sides had even numbers
I would play more orvr When ppl stop with dat greed Farm in zone
I would play more orvr If ppl dont play for only for gear there
I would play more orvr If there where more fun for me and not try to chase one guy with a whole wb
Or 6 man grps that wait in a spot Just for farming
Tinkabell 40/41 Magus Whaagit 40/41 SH Whaagot 40/54 BO Daknallfrosch 40/72shammy

Grock

Post#24 » Wed Jul 19, 2017 5:48 pm

freshour wrote: I get that the counter argument to faster leveling is you spend more time learning your class. And I think that obviously.. well HOPEFULLY the more time you spend on your class the better lol. But would there be any solution to allowing the faster grind to 32 but locking you out of say SC emblems/RVR medals if your RR is below a certain amount?
The faster you make T1-T3 progression - the less players there will be in these tiers, as simple as that.
So your suggestion will simply make the problem worse and people will start asking for even faster leveling up to the point of T2-T3 becoming totally irrelevant.

Main problem with Mid Tier is low population, Imperator/Overlord gear were an attempt to bring people back to Mid Tier from T4, but debolster process is just too tedious and costs some money. If only it was easier.

We need better, easier and less restrictive debolster system as well as more incentives for people to stickto T2-T3. T4 gear, including high-end stuff like Imperator/Overlord and more generic stuff like just Conq Medallion drops for T4 players in T2-T3... maybe even faster RR gain when debolstered.
I would play more orvr If both sides had even numbers
Need Xreamling for that :P
Orkni 85+ (in-game Grock is not me...)

freshour
Banned

Post#25 » Wed Jul 19, 2017 5:53 pm

I actually love debolstering. I know Destro does it more than order for various reasons but I do like the idea of having to go down to the lower tiers for some of the higher tier items. I mean if it gets more people in those zones, who cares how it happens? SO FUN to back in a t2/3 zone when it is going on!!!!!!

Do you think more incentives to debolster would be better? I mean sure, there will always be those people who whine/scream HE IS LEVEL 40!!! who have no idea how it works, but if there is action in the t2/3 zones (t1 is generally always going), I think that would encourage more alts for sure.

charlysixb

Post#26 » Wed Jul 19, 2017 6:03 pm

Remove conqueror pieces from gold bags... place inside 50 meds for example and make gloves/boots be droppeable like others sets. I dont think Gold Bags are good for the server in their current version. People just want em and dont give a crap about anything else in RvR. Even at that point, you can stay in a zone 6 hours playing and camping before you get exhausted and if that zone last +1h in closing...say goodbye to any contri you've done in that zone ( that is pretty sad) . Tweak some BOs timers because sometimes is just too long ( i've seen 6-15min on lockouts in some BO's )
Make Genesis and Subjugator like Ruin, with seals or something to purchase the piece you want. I've seen people winning +6 cloaks w/o getting weapons first, or people getting +20 blue bags to get their last genesis piece they wanted.
PD: thats what i want,that's what i think.
Last edited by charlysixb on Sun Jul 23, 2017 11:47 am, edited 2 times in total.
Peckman And Chifli's

Gobboz Night Fever

th3gatekeeper

Post#27 » Wed Jul 19, 2017 6:23 pm

Grock wrote:
th3gatekeeper wrote:The point would be, deciding between 1 tali slot between wounds or strength doesn't matter enough. The choice between using RR for stats vs something else like more crit, doesn't matter enough. We lack build choice. Even a tank rolling full strength, at the loss of wounds/tough/etc. Isn't breaking his archetype so there is less experimentation and less build diversity. Everyone stacks the same old sets. Etc. Gearing is far too linear.
I think Azarael actually wanted to remove build variants whatsoever(in terms of stats) to make it easier to balance.
But my memory could be failing me :)

th3gatekeeper wrote:Currency rate exchange from lower to higher tiers should be 2:1, not 5:1. Would encourage more to actually level via RvR and SCs so at t4 They can nearly insta buy merc and annihilater.
That makes sense actually :)
Transition from T3 to T4 is extremely punishing, even more so than in other tiers because there's much more vertical progression in T4.
Considering Merc/Anni are basically starting gear for T4 i dont see any problem making them easier to get.
After all you can already get them quite fast by exchanging conq meds, but i imagine those can be pretty hard to get for average PUGging T4 newcomer.
Yup, I believe Az did for the sake of balance purposes as it's easier to balance when you confine classes to essentially their archetype role but as with everything - pros vs cons.

From a balance and design perspective this is nice. From a player perspective, it sucks because there isn't much build choice or diversity. Players figure out the "meta" and build for it. This is why (for me) whether I get on my SnB chosen, or my 2H BG, my gear setup, my build, and probably even my renown are largely all similar to the guy standing next to me. Gone are the days of feeling like the way you spec/build matters, or that you could build more unique, etc. Gearing, building is FAR too linear in my opinion. X set is objectively better than Y set which ate both objectively worse than Z set. And at the end of the day, your choice to pick up a 2 pc of Ruin, rather than the 5th and 6th set bonus on Beastlord, really makes no difference to your character or build etc.

As for leveling. I am not a "gimme gimme now now" guy, but the prospect of leveling an alt and the sheer time it would take along with re-gearing to be competitive... just kills the desire. I don't understand the thought from the DEV team here. I have played many MMOs where you can hit max level in a day... others maybe 2-3 days. I used to love Alts in ROR in t2/t3 days because you could level quickly and getting things like a basic stalker set for t3 was easy. Now it's Ruin which is a little more work, but even then your several tiers below Cons or even Dominator. This is where we are too constrained to "sets". This is where imo stats are not valuable enough. Off pieces are not valuable enough...

I'll stop rambling but this entire leveling and gearing system pigeon holes you so hard in this game that it virtually removes flavor, choice, expiramenting and even desire TO get gear because it's so objective that X is better than Y for "all builds". The times I find myself doing some of the most mundane things (like farming low level PQs) is for the prospect that I will find a unique transmits that will make me standout... why not break from the "LIVE" formula here and apply that principle to gearing? Make like 4-5 sets for each TYPE of build (primary vs off role) meaning we get like 10+ difderent gear sets to choice from that are ALL "BIS tier" and then by also making stats more valuable... you'll see so many flavors of builds... all across the spectrum which allows players to build, expirament, and even play how they want rather than being confined to their archetype, meta gear, meta stats, role where everyone looks and feels and largely plays the same.....
Sulfuras - Knight
Viskag - Chosen
Ashkandi - Swordmaster
Syzzle - Bright Wizard
Curz - Marauder
Andrithil - Blackguard

Bozzax

Post#28 » Wed Jul 19, 2017 6:32 pm

wargrimnir wrote:
Grock wrote:
th3gatekeeper wrote:Currency rate exchange from lower to higher tiers should be 2:1, not 5:1. Would encourage more to actually level via RvR and SCs so at t4 They can nearly insta buy merc and annihilater.
That makes sense actually :)
Transition from T3 to T4 is extremely punishing, even more so than in other tiers because there's much more vertical progression in T4.
Considering Merc/Anni are basically starting gear for T4 i dont see any problem making them easier to get.
After all you can already get them quite fast by exchanging conq meds, but i imagine those can be pretty hard to get for average PUGging T4 newcomer.
With the way Bolster works in T4, doing RvR in full Devastator gear isn't that bad for the first couple levels. By the time it does get bad, you would have enough Conq medallions to pick up a third/fourth piece of Anni after buying boots/gloves on the AH. Ruin+Epic Quest weapons+ToK jewels and you should be competitive and on the path to Conq grind in a couple days.
You are stomped 32-40/40 lacking 30 renown ranks, gear, potions and tallies.

I'm suprised you dont do more for your newest customers and prevent them being renown pinatas for players rr60+
Last edited by Bozzax on Wed Jul 19, 2017 7:21 pm, edited 2 times in total.
A reasonable RvR system that could make the majority happy http://imgur.com/HL6cgl7

Ads
NoRKaLKiLLa

Post#29 » Wed Jul 19, 2017 7:00 pm

-Make t3 zones now part of t4, and require them to lock before moving onto the t4 zones
-Weekly live events that are more than 2 people with mega toons and no imagination walking towards each other
-keep conq/dom prices the same
-lower the level of bag conq drops in
-introduce next level of gear dropping in gold bags only
-give bags more than just one piece to let the player choose from 2-3- end the duplicate asspainery
-weekly t1 live events which drop an item useful for t4 toons, encouraging either debolstering or rerolling toons for themed massive rvr fights, much like phalanx and the bitterstone dudes have been doing.
-release rr81-100 for titles/appearance gear

Foomy44

Post#30 » Wed Jul 19, 2017 7:24 pm

Other: Public warbands should allow you to stay queued in SCs. I do a lot of my RvRing while queued for SCs and having to stay outta group and not get any heals/guard really lowers my ability to help out. If the WB gets near full and/or starts acting more organized the WB leader can just go private and recruit in LFG when spots open up if he doesn't want his members leaving for SCs.
Destro: Chompy, ShroomStew, TrollBlood, DoomBeast, DoomDoctor, DoomDisk, Doomshadow, FunkFoot, Bloodwell
Order: Stormwall, Mistfall, CatNap, BoomRune, Bangman