Recent Topics

Ads

POLL - RVR - What would make you play more?

Let's talk about... everything else

Poll: Which of these would make you want to play more RVR

Remove nerf to PVE farming so you can get in the real action sooner.
12%
Remove nerf to RVR quest gold gain
2%
Increased XP/RR/Influence gain in the lower tiers (RVR/SC)
12%
Genesis drops in RVR (be it at a very low rate, not quite fortune set, but low)
9%
Conq gear drops from kills
19%
More viable gear options (Not more power creep, just more options for dif stat combinations)
12%
more medallion drops
15%
All of the above
9%
Other (comment below)
10%
Total votes: 395

Bobbiom

Re: POLL - RVR - What would make you play more?

Post#161 » Sat Jul 22, 2017 2:18 am

Other:
Ok first of all an increase of the renown in t4 from kills really needs to be increased, having a 25% of the original is simply just too mental draining and as I recall it just something that was intended to be temporary.
Raise it to 50% and see how it fares.

Reduction cost of conq and dominator gear needs to be lowered a wee bit.
Same goes for the weapons, I mean 2k emblems for 2 hander is just life draining.
Is it going to be 3k emblems for the next tier and then 4k for the one after that?
Players should be able to see the light at the end of the tunnel.

This server imo can't really afford being a ultra hardcore grinder with the low player numbers that it have, once players stop showing up more and more will follow because a server (no matter what mmo game) with a low playerbase is boring.
Nobody wants to play a boring/draining game even if it is free to play.

Since the competition is at an all time low and hardcore players get either banned or leave volunteerely, might aswell cater to the casuals since they make up majority of the population.

If hardcore players got nothing to fight, they will get bored and leave.
If casuals find the grind too mental draining, they will get bored and leave.
Resulting in an empty server in due time.
Last edited by Bobbiom on Sat Jul 22, 2017 2:37 am, edited 1 time in total.

Ads
dansari

Post#162 » Sat Jul 22, 2017 2:25 am

I would be ok with a decrease in conq, dominator cost.. coupled with my earlier proposed changes it may be overkill though. We're not trying to give everyone BiS for logging in. We want casual players to feel a sense of progression and feel accomplished when they log off. A decrease in dominator may be in order, but by how much? 35-40% was what I proposed for conq in another thread. That would put 2 handers at about 1200-1400 conq emblems (my math may not be correct I've had 4 whiskeys). Is that something that would encourage people to play scenarios, come back to the server, etc? Always gotta keep in mind.. we want to provide simplistic solutions
<Salt Factory>

wwright72

Post#163 » Sat Jul 22, 2017 2:27 am

Landgoat wrote: 6. - Dev Diaries are low-key super cool and fun to read (keep em comin!)
Agreed.
Lortie rr85 Zealot / Whoami rr44 ShadowWarrior / TUP
Idrinth's WAR Tools

Danord
Suspended

Post#164 » Sat Jul 22, 2017 6:03 am

Bobbiom wrote: This server imo can't really afford being a ultra hardcore grinder with the low player numbers that it have, once players stop showing up more and more will follow because a server (no matter what mmo game) with a low playerbase is boring.

If hardcore players got nothing to fight, they will get bored and leave.
If casuals find the grind too mental draining, they will get bored and leave.
Resulting in an empty server in due time.
This sums up the current situation spot on.

Its **** boring atm for a large portion of the remaining population that a sad fact.
As much as i love WaR i can't stay online for more than 5 to 10 mins before alt tab syndrome kicks in.
I don't have the golden idea how to turn things around, but in the current state its only going one way rapidly.☹

SpacestarKid

Post#165 » Sat Jul 22, 2017 6:44 am

Just remove emblems and make medallions an unified currency. That will allow ppl to grind proper gear with their favourite game style.
Shogun, Zama, Mashka, Antifreeze, Alcotester

Collateral

Post#166 » Sat Jul 22, 2017 11:14 am

One other thing that really only Gatekeeper mentioned, is death blows and rewards for kills. This is one of the most important aspects of RvR, yet no one seems to care about it, everyone just talks about bags for keeps and zone locks. I think everyone would agree that kill stealing is a really annoying thing (unless you're a complete a-hole that enjoys it). This happened when the new gear came out and I mentioned this a long time ago but nothing has been done about it. We were running our warbands like crazy in that period, yet we didn't feel like we were accomplishing anything. Why? Because there was a certain group or two running beside us almost non stop getting all the deathblows (and getting all the top contributions). You can check our recent RvR video and see who is getting the most kills when the big fight starts (hint: it's a person who is max rr and I would say has all the gear he can ever want). Basically he was stealing our medallions that some of us still need believe it or not, while he has almost no use for them (unless you're going for second set, or maybe third?), and putting in almost no effort at all, since there was no way for him/his group to get this amount of kills in such a short amount of time, and I think we would be just fine without his/their "assistance". So a lot of our work and a great deal of coordination was for nothing, since we didn't end up being rewarded for them (yes you get renown, but what's the use when you can't get gear?).

Now I'm not saying that this is something that happens all the time because it doesn't, at least not anymore. But I also can't say that it's not just slightly annoying, especially for pugs. A good group can surf a warband and simply rack up kills they otherwise wouldn't be able to get (I can't say I'm not guilty of this because I am, but I rarely do it). If this is something that doesn't bother you at least a bit then I don't know. I certainly know it bothered us in the beginning, and it bothers casual players.

I'm unsure on what I would propose as a solution here, but I hope other players share this sentiment, and that devs can respect my concern for this and maybe work towards a different system in the future, if the server agrees of course.

Juppstein

Post#167 » Sat Jul 22, 2017 11:23 am

Kill stealing is a tricky subject in most PvP games where the kill gives specific rewards for the victor and I have yet to see a satisfying solution to the problem that would not be more of a hindrance/nuisance instead of a fix. Also some classes seem to be built around fast burst damage that would support kill stealing, like WE/WH and others, so there is another problem there. If you give all people equal rewards regardless of contribution or death blow you invite other issues you do not have right now. If you keep it as it is, we have the problem you describe. And as much as it can suck, the current mechanic seems to be the lesser evil, dunno *"shrugs*
Nuln-Hergig-Drakenwald-RoR
Osimus Battmann - WH T3
Dumathor Dunkelbier - IB T3

Collateral

Post#168 » Sat Jul 22, 2017 11:30 am

Yes that was the feeling I had as well. Might really be the lesser of two evils. I certainly wouldn't reward everyone participating in the kill with a medallion.

Ads
Aurandilaz

Post#169 » Sat Jul 22, 2017 11:42 am

IMO killstealing was really bad during first month of Conq release.
Back then I was running in Nazgul WB, our WB would do most of the job, but we would have 5-10 rdps running solomode behind us "helping" us by taking the list hits. At worst the same 2-3 sorcs would get a large proportion of the DBs on the enemy warbands we were fighting simply by always being there to take the last hit.
These days it is less bad, as the pros already stole enough kills during the first 1-2 months.

One solution would be to reward Conq medallion normally on killing blows, but maybe add Conq medal drop to the party that did most of the dmg to the victim, something that might not drop always, but the probability of such drop would increase with AAO. E.g; 20% AAO, the party that did most damage to the target has 20% chance of being able to loot 1 Conq medal, on top of 1 Medal dropping for the killing blow.
AAO 40%, 40% probability of such extra cookie, and 100% AAO rewarding the extra Conq for the most damage done with 100% certainty. So fighting against bad odds really becomes lucrative.
(and at no AAO, 10% basic chance for extra Conq drop to the party that did most dmg)

edit: my sorc finished conq set, I don't need it as it is, but after 5 months since release it should start becoming easier for pugs or alts to start gaining some progress towards Conq gear...

th3gatekeeper

Post#170 » Sat Jul 22, 2017 1:30 pm

The Death blow issue, groups not running in warbands, etc. A LOT of this is only an issue due to the current RVR campaign and loot system.

I don't remember this ever being as big of an issue before...

I keep saying this but really if you want all this to stop being a problem... change RvR to benefit warbands the most. The contribution system and the loot on lock system...

If warbands all had the highest contribution and all the bags awarded more medallions, well I doubt as many would care about DBs since everyone wins.

The other issue here too that we don't need to dive into is the fact that RDPS is so favored in this game. Frankly, RDPS should be more tuned akin to Magus that takes time to set up it's rotation. Rdps is an annoying "meta" and I would LOVE to see something done to tip the scales just a TAD towards melee who (unless supported in a full warband) always get the short end of the stick in RvR.
Sulfuras - Knight
Viskag - Chosen
Ashkandi - Swordmaster
Syzzle - Bright Wizard
Curz - Marauder
Andrithil - Blackguard