Recent Topics

Ads

Revolution

Let's talk about... everything else
Haojin

Revolution

Post#1 » Fri Jul 21, 2017 3:43 pm

It's not a discussion, flame, whine, endless wot thread. You can consider this thread as a "think-tank" spot. Many players waiting for what's gonna happen in the future and fogy weather causing a lot of frustration [ as you can see it from forums and ingame ].

this one is a perfect example how should it be: this one is ok aswell : viewtopic.php?f=2&t=20080
last dev diary from February iirc.

WAR always have cronic issues and ROR have a chance to overcome it. We all know this is an ALPHA server and we should consider about some RADICAL [maybe silly] changes to see if it's favor for the game or not [testing phase should be like 1 week or less without pissing off people]. [technical impossibilities always is a handicap for sure]

So i'll start it as a template with some little explanation [ please don't wot, hear me convert and viskag ]:

Testing Phase:

1- Increasing TTK; suggestions:

a- Adding a wounds buff in RvR lakes like %X of current wounds [imo %50+ for real testing, maybe bound to AAO]
b- Disable all damage morales. [ just disable without replacing with some other thing ; from M2-M4 ]
c- Changing the crit damage formula. [obviously in a negative way]
d- Changing healing formula [obviously buff for healing]
e- Get rid off AP-feeders. [ less AP, less damage ]

2- Combat System Suggestions:

a- Disable the target limit for CC abilities OR certain CC abilities. [ maybe relate to %x + AAO]
b- Get rid off perma-snares.
c- Get rid off all morale pumps in the game [replacing the tactics will be a pain for sure while considering destro realm designed around it]
d- Get rid off collision OR lower the value.
e- Get rid off RD / CW
f- Get rid off OR reduce the immunity timers of CC's.
g- Get rid off ALL CC's in the game.
h- Get rid off ALL AoE abilities in the game.
i- Disable target limit for AoE if above %x AAO.
j- Disable target limit for AoE Damage Morales if above %x AAO.
k- Get rid off morale scaler [ less code, less problem ]
l- Make morale gain same like on live
m-Increase morale gain for per same race in party [ @footpatrol ]
n- Give CC's only tank classes
o- Make defensive morales to counter offensive morales.

3- RvR, Scenarios, General Suggestions [funny part inc]:

a- Enable q ing for scenarios as 12-18-24 man [ Maybe a way to contribute zone locks ]
b- Make a token to makes you enemy for BOTH sides [ basically, real agaist all odds ]
c- Make statistic for SC wins, kills, deaths, healing, damage mitigation, rp gain on website.
d- Make RvR for only 2 Tiers; [ T1: 1-11 , T2: 11-40, obviously strong stat buff for lowbies and ect ]
e- Merge T2-T3 maps to T4 campaign [ Which gonna help breaking monotony, let's say if you want to make Praag open, you need to take lower tier maps first ]
f- Make leveling EASY.
g- Make getting BiS gear in a legit way
h- Easy debolster/bolster
i- Enable q ing for scenarios while debolstered
j- Add teleporters in every T4 map [ legit spots ]
k- Make BO NPC's godlike level, change timers and ect [ bound to %x of AAO ]
l- Buff Keep Lords damage/hp related to AAO
m- Bring back keep's defensive ticks while get rid off loser bags.
n- Disable usage of postern while underdog has above %x of AAO
o- Change BO timers favor of underdog side if AAO above %x.
p- Enable getting sieges for underdog if AAO above %x.
r- Get rid off loot rolls while increasing medallions from killing. Also, make genesis and subju buyable with medallions [ it needs a fix for kill stealing ]
s- Enable Order v Order, Destro v Destro 6v6 - 12v12 scenario.
t- Give common "pug" leaders fancy stuff to keep them motivated.
u- Make PQ's contribute RvR in some way [Maybe buff for BO npc's, or heal keep lord ect]
v- Make everyone pvp flagged 24/7
y- Make a sessional progress. [ wipe everything every x month ]
Last edited by Haojin on Mon Jul 24, 2017 12:01 pm, edited 11 times in total.
Guildmaster of Phalanx

K8P - Karak Norn

Ads
Juppstein

Re: Revolution

Post#2 » Fri Jul 21, 2017 4:04 pm

Spoiler:
1- Increasing TTK; suggestions:

a- Adding a wounds buff in RvR lakes like %X of current wounds [imo %50+ for real testing, maybe bound to AAO]
b- Disable all damage morales. [ just disable without replacing with some other thing ; from M2-M4 ]
c- Changing the crit damage formula. [obviously in a negative way]
d- Changing healing formula [obviously buff for healing]
e- Get rid off AP-feeders. [ less AP, less damage ]
I can see a) b) and d) not sure about c) and e) . AP buildup seems to be pretty important part of WAR combat and also something that requires a tad of thinking. If you lower the damage of certain skills that scale with AP you could keep the core mechanic of it in the game and still achieve lower time to kill ratio. c) would probably depend on which classes you want to apply this. If you do it on classes that depend on this alone then you would seriously hamstring them (i.e. WE or WH and others). Some classes are meant to build up their potential and then crit in bursts.
Spoiler:
2- Combat System Suggestions:

a- Disable the target limit for CC abilities OR certain CC abilities. [ maybe relate to %x + AAO]
b- Get rid off perma-snares.
c- Get rid off all morale pumps in the game [replacing the tactics will be a pain for sure while considering destro realm designed around it]
d- Get rid off collision OR lower the value.
e- Get rid off RD / CW
f- Get rid off OR reduce the immunity timers of CC's.
i- Disable target limit for AoE if above %x AAO.
j- Disable target limit for AoE Damage Morales if above %x AAO.
c) will probably have a big impact, yes. h) will basically kill certain classes in the game. I would not vote for that. i) and j) would not be needed if we would get h), which I would be against.
Spoiler:
3- RvR, Scenarios, General Suggestions [funny part inc]:

a- Enable q ing for scenarios as 12-18-24 man [ Maybe a way to contribute zone locks ]
b- Make a token to makes you enemy for BOTH sides [ basically, real agaist all odds ]
c- Make statistic for SC wins, kills, deaths, healing, damage mitigation, rp gain on website.
d- Make RvR for only 2 Tiers; [ T1: 1-11 , T2: 11-40, obviously strong stat buff for lowbies and ect ]
e- Merge T2-T3 maps to T4 campaign [ Which gonna help breaking monotony, let's say if you want to make Praag open, you need to take lower tier maps first ]
f- Make leveling EASY.
g- Make getting BiS gear in a legit way
h- Easy debolster/bolster
i- Enable q ing for scenarios while debolstered
j- Add teleporters in every T4 map [ legit spots ]
k- Make BO NPC's godlike level, change timers and ect [ bound to %x of AAO ]
l- Buff Keep Lords damage/hp related to AAO
m- Bring back keep's defensive ticks while get rid off loser bags.
n- Disable usage of postern while underdog has above %x of AAO
o- Change BO timers favor of underdog side if AAO above %x.
p- Enable getting sieges for underdog if AAO above %x.
r- Get rid off loot rolls while increasing medallions from killing. Also, make genesis and subju buyable with medallions [ it needs a fix for kill stealing ]
a) would be nice. But the warband leader would have to have control over that. Otherwise his warband could vanish in a blink of an eye at the worst possible moment :D
e) is a drastic thing. But given from what I see in T3, yeah, its a drag here and T3 only lives from the gracious people from T4 that seem to have alts there so at least some people run around in T3.
g) tricky thing, you basically want to allow best in slot for everyone. some people might be unhappy about that. Not me for sure :D
h) Do you really wanna have this ?
i) only if a T4 debolstered in T3 is going to a T4 sc. I do not want a power creeped T4 toon butchering me like nothing. It already happens with those T3 toons that flatten me to the wall :D
l) really is needed. Its funny how fast the keep lord falls with only a few people wacking on his head.
Nuln-Hergig-Drakenwald-RoR
Osimus Battmann - WH T3
Dumathor Dunkelbier - IB T3

peterthepan3

Post#3 » Fri Jul 21, 2017 4:31 pm

24v24 would be 1 wb vs the other? Or pugs allowed? If the latter, it would completely kill off the smaller sc scene.

Nefarian78

Post#4 » Fri Jul 21, 2017 5:30 pm

Haojin wrote: f- Get rid off OR reduce the immunity timers of CC's.
g1- Make getting BiS gear in a legit way

F - I agree on reducing the CC timer by a bit, but removing it completely? I don't think that's the right choice.

G - Dunno if trolling here tbh. Why should CC be removed? CC's are a big part of every PvP game, removing them and making all classes dps-mongoloids would make everything incredibly boring and stupid.

H - Why? Don't know what you want to accomplish by removing AoE skills.

R- Agreed on everything

A - Big scale pvp and small scale pvp are 2 different things for a reason. You warband-bois get your RvR we smallgrp-bois get our Scs. The 6v6 scene is in a coma already, let's not kill it off completely please.

G1 - Agreed, the time of MMOs with year-long gear grinds has long since passed. The fact that EA could roflstomp on your 12months-grind gear the day after you're done is also another reason why it's stupid.
They done stole my character's names. Can't have **** in RoR.

Haojin

Post#5 » Fri Jul 21, 2017 5:38 pm

You guys getting me wrong, all suggestions i made isn't the ideal solution [obviously]. The point is that if you want to balance/or fix something you need to break something to see how it look like.

And please don't hesitate to use your own "radical" suggestions for future implements.
Haojin wrote:we should consider about some RADICAL [maybe silly] changes to see if it's favor for the game or not
Last edited by Haojin on Fri Jul 21, 2017 5:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Guildmaster of Phalanx

K8P - Karak Norn

Nefarian78

Post#6 » Fri Jul 21, 2017 5:40 pm

Haojin wrote:You guys getting me wrong, all suggestions i made isn't the ideal solution [obviously]. The point is that if you want to balance/or fix something you need to break something to see how it look like.

Haojin wrote:we should consider about some RADICAL [maybe silly] changes to see if it's favor for the game or not

I agree, but i'm pretty sure there are some less extreme steps you can take and accomplish the same thing, without going full radical-change mode, like removing all AoEs or CCs.
They done stole my character's names. Can't have **** in RoR.

Juppstein

Post#7 » Fri Jul 21, 2017 6:12 pm

Sorry, I am Swiss. "Radical" is a term I am not familiar with. It also creates blisters on my skin and I feel slightly dizzy. Can't we just discuss this and then vote on the consensus that resulted out of the discussion?

;)
Nuln-Hergig-Drakenwald-RoR
Osimus Battmann - WH T3
Dumathor Dunkelbier - IB T3

Armagdon

Post#8 » Fri Jul 21, 2017 9:32 pm

How about zero?
Hyronen

*Inactive*

Ads
Grunklestank

Post#9 » Fri Jul 21, 2017 9:56 pm

U wot m8?

The first half of this OP confuses the **** outta me...
Grunklestank - BW
Grunklebro - AM (Formerly VirginNerd)
Grunkleskank - Zealot

< Montague >
Memes Quality Assurance Officer

AxelF

Post#10 » Fri Jul 21, 2017 10:11 pm

Haojin wrote: b- Disable all damage morales. [ just disable without replacing with some other thing ; from M2-M4 ]
This right here I'd love to see and would make a lot of other fixes unnecessary, e.g. changing morale pump tactics etc. This would be a really positive change and would increase the skill ceiling.
Haojin wrote: d- Get rid off collision OR lower the value.

Definitely not this for me though, this is one of the things that really sets WAR apart from other pvp games I've played and allows for some tactics beyond 'spam dps/spam heals'