Recent Topics

Ads

CLASS FOR BEGİNNERS

Let's talk about... everything else
kristeva

Re: CLASS FOR BEGİNNERS

Post#21 » Sun Jul 23, 2017 11:28 am

Easy to be a mediocre tank, but exceptional tanks are one of the hardest to play. Requires having a complete overview of the fight, and preempting plays.

Dok/wp easiest back line heals, but also most underpowered.
Alizea Kristeva Sorine Alyz Aliz Alyzea Sallie Livvie Mistie Cedric

Ads
TenTonHammer

Post#22 » Sun Jul 23, 2017 12:11 pm

kristeva wrote: Dok/wp easiest back line heals, but also most underpowered.

what a time to be alive

when RoR started out, no one ever said things like this, DoK and WP were gods among men, ez mode healers

Ugle

Post#23 » Sun Jul 23, 2017 12:18 pm

As a beginner healer or tank is the most forgiving. He's not talking about playing the class to its full potential
inactive

Telperien

Post#24 » Sun Jul 23, 2017 2:45 pm

I`d start with good simple not-to-worry-mechanic tank. You get enough time to think about what to do when hit by others. With a little bit of expierence you can go test other classes.
Slacking (checking out EvE)

peterthepan3

Post#25 » Sun Jul 23, 2017 2:47 pm

BO/SM does not need Plan B to work. I don't know why people think this is the case. Rotations are incredibly easy.

Telperien

Post#26 » Sun Jul 23, 2017 2:52 pm

peterthepan3 wrote:BO/SM does not need Plan B to work. I don't know why people think this is the case. Rotations are incredibly easy.
Its not so easy as u think:) Playing SM/BO you need to "plan ahead" what key to press to get what you need now, no in 2-3s depends on CDs, chosen/ktbs dont have that problem, you need something u press key and you get the effect now. For someone who is learning basic keys and try to watch battlefield it can be frustrating;)

Ugle

Post#27 » Sun Jul 23, 2017 2:58 pm

Telperien wrote:
peterthepan3 wrote:BO/SM does not need Plan B to work. I don't know why people think this is the case. Rotations are incredibly easy.
Its not so easy as u think:) Playing SM/BO you need to "plan ahead" what key to press to get what you need now, no in 2-3s depends on CDs, chosen/ktbs dont have that problem, you need something u press key and you get the effect now. For someone who is learning basic keys and try to watch battlefield it can be frustrating;)
Lol what rubbish. BO/SM works fine without planB. Just need to rearrange a couple of skills depending on spec. Planb makes it worse when used to it.
inactive

ragafury

Post#28 » Sun Jul 23, 2017 3:12 pm

can play with or without plan B.
On RR50 I realized my fingers hurt. because you need to permanently grip with shift or alt modifier or you need to bind stuff away from homerow.
just a matter of keybinds in the end.

And I rate BO as one of the easier classes to get into the game too.
--- inactive ---
---guildless---

Ads
Telperien

Post#29 » Sun Jul 23, 2017 3:15 pm

Ugle wrote:
Telperien wrote:
Lol what rubbish. BO/SM works fine without planB. Just need to rearrange a couple of skills depending on spec. Planb makes it worse when used to it.
From POV of beginner with no memorised keybindings and without "muscle memory" its so easy to get confused.
Lets say you want knockdown to stop someone chasing your healer:
1. check which stance are you at now,
2. check is Sudden Swift off CD to swap stance,
3. Use Sudden Swift and Crashing Wave if you start from improved stance,
3a. skip Sudden Swift if u at Perfect stance
3b. use Sudden Swift and filler to get Perfect stance, OR filler and Sudden Swift.
And its even get more complicated now cause many improved/perfect stance skills are utility u want to use after Crashing Wave:
Quick Incision, Dragons Talon, Gusting Wing etc and you may or may not have Sudden Swift on CD:)

chosen/ktbs same time just press a key:)

ragafury

Post#30 » Sun Jul 23, 2017 3:59 pm

Telperien wrote:
Ugle wrote:
Telperien wrote:
From POV of beginner with no memorised keybindings and without "muscle memory" its so easy to get confused.
Lets say you want knockdown to stop someone chasing your healer:
1. check which stance are you at now,
2. check is Sudden Swift off CD to swap stance,
3. Use Sudden Swift and Crashing Wave if you start from improved stance,
3a. skip Sudden Swift if u at Perfect stance
3b. use Sudden Swift and filler to get Perfect stance, OR filler and Sudden Swift.
And its even get more complicated now cause many improved/perfect stance skills are utility u want to use after Crashing Wave:
Quick Incision, Dragons Talon, Gusting Wing etc and you may or may not have Sudden Swift on CD:)

chosen/ktbs same time just press a key:)
Yes true.
But, the rotation / plan madness on BO starts when you are end T3 and can skill THC or Waaagh and have all skills.
good game design. before that it's most of the time wot armor /FML > trip them up / big slash > skull thumer or DYG when CD it's free. BO plays really slow if you are not in T4. (which is a good thing for a beginner, at least better than sorc or choppa)
BO has a soft learning curve when you level him.

we are not talkin about making perfect rotations + decisions + guard toggling + buffing WS + keeping challenge + taunt + get them on cd and peeling enchantments. besides that, he simply can't because he is missing skills.

my point, if he likes the look and the feel of the class he should play it. he can even play black guard. you can grow in the class and always work on effiency later on. besides that BO has a lot of informations / builds etc here in the forum, which is a big plus in my eyes for a new player.
--- inactive ---
---guildless---