Recent Topics

Ads

Order: Tank discussion

Let's talk about... everything else
peterthepan3

Re: Order: Tank discussion

Post#61 » Thu Jul 27, 2017 6:14 pm

I put some RR into it/use 100str pots/have a KOTBS using strong str aura. It's probably 820 or so.

Ads
Dreadspectre

Post#62 » Thu Jul 27, 2017 6:16 pm

peterthepan3 wrote:I put some RR into it/use 100str pots/have a KOTBS using strong str aura. It's probably 820 or so.
Ohhhhh you mean post buffs and stuff. I thought you meant that was your str just sitting in town with nothing active heh.
Mrskullhead - DPS Zealot
Axeocalypse - 2H BO
Stayawhile - Magus
Pleasehammer Donthurtem - 2H WP
Fathermcgruder Arsekicker - RP
Poundtown - 2H IB

dansari

Post#63 » Thu Jul 27, 2017 9:36 pm

It probably helps to use decent talis. Something like +18s at least. Then when you get into the +21 range that's decent enough for your damage. The spirit based damage definitely helps, with squishies and tanks alike.
<Salt Factory>

Sulorie

Post#64 » Fri Jul 28, 2017 6:02 am

peterthepan3 wrote:I put some RR into it/use 100str pots/have a KOTBS using strong str aura. It's probably 820 or so.
STR aura and potion stack???
Dying is no option.

Collateral

Post#65 » Fri Jul 28, 2017 6:57 am

SM does too much damage for a 'tank' class imo. It's just totally op if you ask me. I saw peter do almost double the damage of dps classes. The sc was full of ranged classes (not bad players either, a lot of BWs and SWs), and he did 200k+ dmg while the next actual dps class did 140k (he did more than the dps class in his own group), all the time remaining tanky because SM has quite decent survival/'oh ****' abilites (perhaps if we focused him more maybe he would've died, but it was really hard). That's insane, and I firmly believe that tanks should not be able to achieve those numbers, no matter what they spec for. Yes peter is a great player and he knows what he's doing, but that doesn't change my mind.

My idea is that the system of archetypes should be preserved. Tanks should be supporting classes for the group, buffing/debuffing (which SM does just fine as well), and not wrecking balls that can plough through anything while being almost untouchable. They should still be able to do dmg, but if they do they should not be able to tank at the same time, that's just broken.

Perhaps I'm a bit biased and salty, but I just don't like the recent 2h tank spam on order side. Which leads you to believe that order tanks are ALL better of 2h rather than snb, in small scale (which they actually are).

And yea talking about 2h SM and BO, it's two different worlds you can't even compare.

Ugle

Post#66 » Fri Jul 28, 2017 9:01 am

With PE fluff dmg there is no problem being on the top of the sc charts as SM. And judging by the current 5+ destro tanks in every sc, it is dmg chart heaven for a SM. When you see the 25+ killingblows which usually follows a proper dps class with high dmg output you can bring the salt ;)
inactive

CytheX

Post#67 » Fri Jul 28, 2017 9:32 am

BO can do the same dmg of sm if right geared so stop the drama pls.

Sulorie

Post#68 » Fri Jul 28, 2017 10:12 am

CytheX wrote:BO can do the same dmg of sm if right geared so stop the drama pls.
On low armor classes.
Dying is no option.

Ads
CytheX

Post#69 » Fri Jul 28, 2017 10:46 am

Which are the mostly used on order side basing on the forum whine :)

peterthepan3

Post#70 » Fri Jul 28, 2017 10:47 am

It's worth mentioning that that damage is dealt in relatively-BIS gear/4 points into crit/high str. It is designed to deal lots of damage, but that is basically all I am really offering the group.

If a SM doesn't have damage, then it is pretty bad. Also, BOs like Xarrox dish out the same sort of damage (while having better utility as a BO), and you can shut down a SM if you put your Not in da Face! on him, and taunt during his wods :)