Recent Topics

Ads

Order: Tank discussion

Let's talk about... everything else
Gobi21

Order: Tank discussion

Post#1 » Tue Jul 25, 2017 4:05 pm

Looking to make a tank for order since I haven't been seeing a lot. I'm tied between KOTBS and IB I want to be a true tank not wielding a 2h. Pros and cons of each?

Ads
Penril

Re: Order: Tank discussion

Post#2 » Tue Jul 25, 2017 4:17 pm

Who told you that 2H can't be true tanks?

shaggyboomboom

Post#3 » Tue Jul 25, 2017 4:21 pm

funny thing, i find all order tanks to be superior using 2h than using snb

GodlessCrom
Suspended

Post#4 » Tue Jul 25, 2017 4:28 pm

Hold the line is nice in rvr with rdps firing squads. 2h looks cooler and does more damage though. All order tanks are viable as 2h, whereas on Destro only BG has good argument for 2h atm. The nerf to morale pumps might make 2h Chosen more attractive, except no crippling strikes except on aoe. 2h BO I have no experience with.
Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king!

dansari

Post#5 » Tue Jul 25, 2017 4:30 pm

Personal opinion: both can be good. IB less so because you lose auras and key tactics you get with a knight (there's a parry tactic, a crit% tactic, etc.). IB specifically is good at being a rock (see: Volgo) and/or to buff up a partner (like a WP, engy, slayer). Knight is good at buffing the group and doesn't lose much except some guard avoidance and HTL going 2h.
<Salt Factory>

peterthepan3

Post#6 » Tue Jul 25, 2017 4:36 pm

kotbs is THE tank that every group needs, the IB and SM vying for the offtank position. It provides too much (passive toughness/str/res/ap auras, aoe snare, +% crit and heal crit, long KB, stagger, vigilance, etc) to not have as a main tank.

That said, IB can spec to be more 'tanky' (in the conventional sense) - but doesn't offer the same group-wide benefits, being more of a duo/buddy tank.

Gobi21

Post#7 » Tue Jul 25, 2017 4:42 pm

peterthepan3 wrote:kotbs is THE tank that every group needs, the IB and SM vying for the offtank position. It provides too much (passive toughness/str/res/ap auras, aoe snare, +% crit and heal crit, long KB, stagger, vigilance, etc) to not have as a main tank.

That said, IB can spec to be more 'tanky' (in the conventional sense) - but doesn't offer the same group-wide benefits, being more of a duo/buddy tank.

So if I was to create a knight should I go 2h or snb

Glorian

Post#8 » Tue Jul 25, 2017 4:50 pm

For lvling and killing mobs 2hand helps you killing them faster.

The real benefit of a snb tank is that you can block the damage you would take from your guardpartner. For lvling it only helps if you are in a group.
Last edited by Glorian on Tue Jul 25, 2017 4:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ads
Penril

Post#9 » Tue Jul 25, 2017 4:50 pm

Glorian wrote:For lvling and killing mobs 2hand helps you killing them faster.

The real benefit of a snb tank is that you can block the damage you would take from your guardpartner.
You can parry guard damage too, and some tanks can easily achieve more parry than block.

Glorian

Post#10 » Tue Jul 25, 2017 4:55 pm

Parrying guard damage.

Can you parry every damage or only melee damage?

Also higher parry on 2H is not relevant.
SnB can parry AND block.
2 rolls better than one.