Recent Topics

Ads

SC Conq Weapon or Dominator first?

Let's talk about... everything else
Penril

Re: SC Conq Weapon or Dominator first?

Post#11 » Thu Jul 27, 2017 3:18 pm

Ummmm stack Corporeal, not Elemental :P

Well, try to have both at a good value, but Corp is more important imho due to Boiling Blood (and their Corp resist debuff).
Last edited by Penril on Thu Jul 27, 2017 3:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ads
nebelwerfer

Post#12 » Thu Jul 27, 2017 3:19 pm

Overlord helm and ahoulders combined with dom gear would be my priority, not the sc axe until then! But i hear the sc weapon is amazing

Darosh
Banned

Post#13 » Thu Jul 27, 2017 3:23 pm

Dreadspectre wrote:
Penril wrote:Get 2-3 Dominator pieces. Mix them with some Mercenary and Beastlord (If you were lucky enough to get it before it was removed). Use the defensive-proc 2H. And run away from BWs.
I gave up running from BW's long time ago, there's no escaping :| I just run towards them now, sometimes I get lucky :D

Sad thing is Elemental is my highest resist and I still get obliterated, feelsbadman.

Collateral is absolutely right, the dps on a SnB Blorc is not to be hushed at ~ it'd greatly aid you against BWs aswell.

HtL is life, HtL is love.

Abbd:
Penril wrote:Ummmm stack Corporeal, not Elemental :P

Well, try to have both at a good value, but Corp is more important imho due to Boiling Blood (and their Corp resist debuff).
Using a resistance pot instead of armor is a feasible approach for blorcs, given their various armorbuffs, iirc.

Dreadspectre

Post#14 » Thu Jul 27, 2017 3:27 pm

Penril wrote:Ummmm stack Corporeal, not Elemental :P

Ohhhhh it's Corp, I thought most of what I was hit with was Elemental, hadn't looked at BW's in forever.

God damn Boiling Blood...god I hate that spell.

Thanks for the tips guys, I'll look at the pieces and see what ones I want to do for Dom. Probably buy the belt(can't wear it yet boo) and go from there.
Mrskullhead - DPS Zealot
Axeocalypse - 2H BO
Stayawhile - Magus
Pleasehammer Donthurtem - 2H WP
Fathermcgruder Arsekicker - RP
Poundtown - 2H IB

Penril

Post#15 » Thu Jul 27, 2017 3:27 pm

Darosh wrote: Using a resistance pot instead of armor is a feasible approach for blorcs, given their various armorbuffs, iirc.
Not really for a 2H BO since they can't use Tuffer 'n Nails (requires a shield), and We'z Bigger kinda sucks. Though in SnB you are correct; I don't use armor pots on mine.

Speaking of resists, if you see a lot of SMs around, you might want to consider using Don't bother me none! and Da Greenest! since their spirit resist buffs stack.

Just use Closetgoblin and have several tactic/gear setups ready so you can adapt immediately depending on who you are fighting.

Darosh
Banned

Post#16 » Thu Jul 27, 2017 3:33 pm

Penril wrote: Just use Closetgoblin and have several tactic/gear setups ready so you can adapt immediately depending on who you are fighting.
One cannot emphasize enough how important and gamechanging this actually is!
Dunno who brought about the notion that there is a swissknife approach to things.
Last edited by Darosh on Thu Jul 27, 2017 3:44 pm, edited 2 times in total.

nebelwerfer

Post#17 » Thu Jul 27, 2017 3:33 pm

Whats more important to the 2h BO, stacking offensive stats or have alot of strikethrough?

Penril

Post#18 » Thu Jul 27, 2017 3:36 pm

Honestly? Survivability, for me.

Ads
Darosh
Banned

Post#19 » Thu Jul 27, 2017 3:36 pm

nebelwerfer wrote:Whats more important to the 2h BO, stacking offensive stats or have alot of strikethrough?
Str serves as strikethrough in its own right, you don't want to chew through natural and true avoidance.
Getting parried by SWs, Slayer, WLs and Engis - only because their weaponskill exceeds your mainstat - is a horrible thing to happen.

If you wanna go full glass yourself: crit > Str > static strikethrough (setboni mostly) > else.

Abbd:
Given that you'll use guard - please, use guard -: avoidance > else, otherwise you blow up due to guarddamage and lack of block.

Dead 2h blorcs are a liability, moreso than 2h tanks are by default.

peterthepan3

Post#20 » Thu Jul 27, 2017 3:41 pm

To be completely honest, if you want to maximise a 2h DPS BO, get someone to guard you and then play as if you were a DPS. We did it a year ago with a lol dps bo and sorc com0 (korze on sorc), and it worked vs all bar lob/enigma. You feel the lack of a heal debuff :P

Some of the most fun we ever had was running a Chosen/BO/2h Bo/marauder comp. Huge crits on SYF with tactic equipped.

Otherwise, playing 2h feels meh unless you have really, really good main tank & heals.

Ot: get gear first.
Last edited by peterthepan3 on Thu Jul 27, 2017 3:42 pm, edited 3 times in total.