Recent Topics

Ads

Best classes in order to fight against meele train?

Let's talk about... everything else
anarchypark

Re: Best classes in order to fight against meele train?

Post#31 » Fri Aug 11, 2017 6:34 am

believe me
tanky tank, any tank who can swap guard to target of assist train.
rest of teamplay is based on this action.
it's first step of theorycrafting to counter melee train. guard.
SM8, SW8, AM8, WL7, KoBS5, BW5, WP8, WH7, IB7, Eng5, RP5, SL6
BG8, Sorc8, DoK8, WE7, Chs8, Mg8, Ze7, Mara8, BO6, SH7, Shm5, Chop4
SC summary - viewtopic.php?f=8&t=20415
( last update : 2020.06.09)

Ads
Skalier
Banned

Post#32 » Fri Aug 11, 2017 10:19 am

If you want solo try Ironbreaker because it's a tank with many defensive skills, good avoidance and have the best self heal in game after healers. Also have armour debuff and heal debuff.
I can recomend only this 1 class if you want some cloose-combat warrior.

But you will must guard someone, so tank may be not the best choice. Maybe better try some RDPS.

shaggyboomboom

Post#33 » Fri Aug 11, 2017 11:26 am

facundo7777 wrote:
shaggyboomboom wrote:Im surprised you people still think a single class can deal with a melee train.
what is strange or hard to understand here?

iam just asking which class has best skills to help order fight vs meele train. Do U rly think i wanna try win solo vs destros wb or party xD?
Nothing, and truth be told, every class works against a melee train. It all depends on the skill of the group (maxing out dps timing, cc timing)

dansari

Post#34 » Fri Aug 11, 2017 1:42 pm

What shaggy said. You can be successful at anything you play and you can *mostly* counter anything with anything as long as you play the matchup correctly.
<Salt Factory>

Wrench

Post#35 » Tue Aug 15, 2017 11:46 am

Djolle was epic! Completely insane too lol ran into groups/warbands all solo always took them a little while to kill him so we could heal dispell Djolle, but yeah he was an insanely good tank.

To get back on Topic, DPS timing when taking out melee trains is essential else they will just get heals and you will be either running or counterbombed.
Karak Norn characters: Wrench Crowbar (Engi) Valeika (WP) Camelea Belmont (WH) & Archmage (Well Archmage:-)

Current Characters:
Wrench Crowbar (waiting on my name to be free after my char got wiped, Engi)
Archmage (Same Story)
Valeika Belmont (WP)

Foltestik

Post#36 » Tue Aug 15, 2017 11:55 am

play healer pug sc win who have better (or any ) healers

Rathael87

Post#37 » Fri Aug 18, 2017 8:00 pm

Can confirm playing as a tank with dynamic use of guard heavily slows down melee trains (but doesn't stop it). I try to constantly focus on moving guard as my top priority, to anyone in my group that is taking damage and is close enough to benefit.

Guard is 50/50 split, then challenge is -30% damage. Split 70% in two and you get a mere 35% damage taken by the train target. Mix in some stuns, snares and knock-backs and you can really keep someone going.

As a black orc, using "Not in da face!" can also let your guard target slip away without stuns or snares etc. for a few seconds. Healers really appreciate it when they are being poked in the backside by a bunch of stuns and MDPS, all while taking less than the half the damage they should be.

As always, however, there's only so much one person can do. With a lack of decent aware healers, no amount of slowing the train down will stop them. Vice versa, without guard and challenge, a powerful melee train will steamroll any amount of healing. Both good tanks and healers are necessary to get your own melee train rolling on the tracks.

It's this reason I love playing Borc. My damage is decent but smashing healers to death is not my priority. As a tank, I am effectively another type of support. I lower the incoming damage on my squishies and enable them as much as possible.

freshour
Banned

Post#38 » Fri Aug 18, 2017 8:15 pm

I vote either teamwork or any KOTBS + SM who has a clue... is a very solid tanking setup.

Ads