Recent Topics

Ads

FYI NORDENWATCH

Let's talk about... everything else
KikkL
Banned

FYI NORDENWATCH

Post#1 » Mon Sep 18, 2017 6:13 pm

You can WIN while holding BARRACKS/LIGHTHOUSE, kills give 5points.
(yes it happened, no I dont have screenshots!))

QUIT SAYING 'ONLY HOLDING FORT WINS' PLEASE stop with this nonsense. You are a noob.
Stop posting.
:mrgreen:

Ads
Arbich
Suspended

Re: FYI NORDENWATCH

Post#2 » Mon Sep 18, 2017 6:24 pm

Barracks+lighthouse give the same points as fortress. So yes, you should cap lighthouse (or barracks if you are a filthy destro) on your way to fortress. Going to barracks after lighthouse is usually a bad idea, because the enemy will have fortress ealier and you will be behind in points. And yes, kills can change the whole perspective.
Arbich-BW/Xanthippe-WP/Schnipsel-AM

peterthepan3

Post#3 » Mon Sep 18, 2017 6:43 pm

I love Nordenwatch! I can completely avoid PvP and capture the flag to victory!

(Also, I've heard it's an ideal destination if I wanted to go out and explore the map)

no but seriously, I too get bored of standing still on fort. would rather 'lose' marginally than avoid pvp for 15minutes.

Martok

Post#4 » Mon Sep 18, 2017 7:26 pm

KikkL wrote:You can WIN while holding BARRACKS/LIGHTHOUSE, kills give 5points.
peterthepan3 wrote:no but seriously, I too get bored of standing still on fort. would rather 'lose' marginally than avoid pvp for 15minutes.
To serve as nothing other than examples of how the scoring can progress depending on which flags Order holds, these two videos may be of some help.

The first illustrates a scoring rate when the fighting is primarily focused at the Fortress flag while the other two flags waffle back and forth:

Click here to watch on YouTube

The second illustrates the scoring rate when Order maintains primary control of the Fortress and one other flag location, and what tends to happen when Order pushes all the way down to Barracks:

Click here to watch on YouTube

Both were good fights, but it is interesting to go back and watch the general score creep as the scenarios progressed.
Blame It On My ADD Baby...

anarchypark

Post#5 » Tue Sep 19, 2017 12:04 am

Did you know all 3 cap gives more tick?
It accelate points.

You don't know the fun of watching preys fall for trap. pulling bloodthirsters out of fort.
usually superior forces have initiative. why wait lesser forces to charge you. move out and kill ( and fall for trap ) ;)
only you need is smart retreat.
SM8, SW8, AM8, WL7, KoBS5, BW5, WP8, WH7, IB7, Eng5, RP5, SL6
BG8, Sorc8, DoK8, WE7, Chs8, Mg8, Ze7, Mara8, BO6, SH7, Shm5, Chop4
SC summary - viewtopic.php?f=8&t=20415
( last update : 2020.06.09)

Fey

Post#6 » Tue Sep 19, 2017 12:16 am

Despite the generous serving of salt the OP has a cogent point. Nordenwatch remains the most popular scenario for those who think about such things. It provides opportunity for myriad styles of play. Understanding the mechanics will prevent you from having a bad time.
Fley - Zealot Domoarigobbo - Shaman
Squid - Squig Squit - B.O.
Black Toof Clan

Jaycub

Post#7 » Tue Sep 19, 2017 3:38 pm

Nordenw*tch is poormans reikland factory,

Premades sit at fort because they can just sit there forget about PvE and farm anyone who comes giving their side more kills and the win.

Pugs on the winning side (in terms of fights) will stick to the premade like glue and kill things, Pugs on the losing side always opt to stop fighting and PvE.

This means if you are a premade vs pug in nordenw*tch you almost always have to sit at fort or you get pved to death. Same thing in any objectice heavy scenario with that in mind.
<Lords of the Locker Room> <Old School>

Landgoat

Post#8 » Tue Sep 19, 2017 7:34 pm

Sober up and push Fort, no one ques to PvE. Oh wait.
WAAAAGH!
Shaman/ Landy - rr80
BG/ Killadelph - rr70

Ads
GodlessCrom
Suspended

Post#9 » Tue Sep 19, 2017 7:47 pm

Pugs need a Reik or Norden every rotation imo. Sometimes the premades are stronk, or your pugs are just worse than other team pugs, and wellllll dem conq emblems don't grind themselves.
Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king!

Martok

Post#10 » Tue Sep 19, 2017 9:04 pm

Jaycub wrote:Premades sit at fort because they can just sit there forget about PvE and farm anyone who comes giving their side more kills and the win.
The goal in any SC is to win the SC. To one degree or another each SC has its own unique set of criteria, either by accident or design, which if met will optimize your side's opportunity to win. In Nordenwatch, that criteria happens to be holding the fort and dominating the capture time of at least one other flag. For Order that means pushing the Barracks is not necessary, but dominating the Lighthouse is.
Blame It On My ADD Baby...