Recent Topics

Ads

Please make this more casual

Let's talk about... everything else
davispeed
Game Artist

Re: Please make this more casual

Post#11 » Sat Sep 23, 2017 8:45 pm

totally feel ya there but as u can see most ppl here are trying to diminishing your comment by turning it into a clown show! Welcome to the forum.

But on the other hand, u gotta "invest" some times to be well gear/competitive nowadays. Sc's are fairly fast regarding emblems for the gears but the RvR part is more demending.
]

Ads
NoRKaLKiLLa

Post#12 » Sun Sep 24, 2017 7:41 am

Duo queue the weekly pug scenario and try playing in sweatpants, no underpants.

OldPlayer
Former Staff

Post#13 » Sun Sep 24, 2017 11:11 am

It is about the road, not the destination.

Fortunately there are lots of things in RoR that are helping casual players. For example, you get more renown before RR 40, RvR changes made low level players being able to efficiently fight rank 40 players etc.

Enjoy your playing, there is no need to hurry.
magicthighs wrote:Finding bugs is what players are for. The RoR team itself doesn't have the people nor the time to do that.

Rhinochaser

Post#14 » Sun Sep 24, 2017 11:19 am

Well, you sure picked one of the most hardcore MMOs to play if you wanted "casual".

Honestly, there are a few more casual MMOs out there for short playtime. Lord of the Rings Online and Guild Wars 2 come to mind. RoR is definitely not for the time-strapped player - it's hardcore by design.
Khalfanii - Sorc
Tsurfer - Magus
The Evil League of Evil

katroulitsa

Post#15 » Sun Sep 24, 2017 11:45 am

Rhinochaser wrote:Well, you sure picked one of the most hardcore MMOs to play if you wanted "casual".
Not sure if troll or serious xD
Inav
Semya

peterthepan3

Post#16 » Sun Sep 24, 2017 12:06 pm

davispeed wrote:totally feel ya there but as u can see most ppl here are trying to diminishing your comment by turning it into a clown show!
Noone is diminishing his comment; we are just saying that RoR is already casual enough as it is, provided you have more than 60 seconds to play it a week.

Nidwin

Post#17 » Mon Sep 25, 2017 12:26 pm

Don't rush it and play the game at your own and/or your brother's pace. Just enjoy the ride.

And don't forget that when the purple numbers stop popping on your screen it all starts to feel different.
Nidwinqq used teabag Magus [Hysteria]

Gewehrschwanz

Post#18 » Mon Sep 25, 2017 12:46 pm

i get ya OP...my advice is to join a guild that has a accommodating philosophy and enjoy that way....will give opportunity for WB in RvR and folks to pug with in everything...I bascially play this way...depending upon who is online, you can have a mix of the whole gaming experience here for PvE on up...this game certainly supports casual play, so enjoy!
Resident whipping Engi of Train Wreck
"Pulling...Now, Now, Now..."

Ads
Rathael87

Post#19 » Fri Sep 29, 2017 9:53 pm

The other thing to consider is the consequence of making it more casual... there needs to be enough to do and work towards to keep folks going

I think it's already pretty stunted except for the journey to conqueror's. It does not take long to reach rank 40, nor rr40.

If it was more casual, there'd be even less to strive for. The long road to conqueror's is one of the biggest pulls of endgame currently, in my opinion... although the current system is very harsh on solo players for acquiring it.