Have to Dps rant!

Let's talk about... everything else
Sulorie

Re: Have to Dps rant!

Post#11 » Mon Sep 25, 2017 7:22 am

KikkL wrote:
catholicism198 wrote:He's just venting.
YES! I hate it!
NO matter what i seem to do! I get screwed over by no talent scrubs pressing their constant DPS on ME!
Detaunt my ASS! does nothing. nothing does nothing!
I consider myself a great player, so why I get walked all over by dps consistently?
I know im not the only one! I SEE it on the battlefield!
:evil: :evil:

You get a dps on you your screwed! I Dont care what you say! NO class can outlast a dps!
it just is not in game design, you will eventually die.
You need support against a DPS, but a dps does not need support to kill YOU!
Record a video and let us see why you die.
Dying is no option.

Ads
Hargrim
Developer

Post#12 » Mon Sep 25, 2017 9:35 am

KikkL wrote:I consider myself a great player, so why I get walked all over by dps consistently?
Well that's humble of you.

shaggyboomboom

Post#13 » Mon Sep 25, 2017 10:00 am

Sounds like l2p issues to me

Aurandilaz

Post#14 » Mon Sep 25, 2017 11:54 am

Most healers can survive ~2 dps focusing them, provided the healer knows how to play. Occasionally a good DPS can solo kill a healer, but they can rarely solo kill a good healer.

A dps most likely cannot solo kill a tank, unless the dps is good and the tank is....doing something wrong.

Hargrim
Developer

Post#15 » Mon Sep 25, 2017 11:58 am

Aurandilaz wrote:Most healers can survive ~2 dps focusing them, provided the healer knows how to play. Occasionally a good DPS can solo kill a healer, but they can rarely solo kill a good healer.

A dps most likely cannot solo kill a tank, unless the dps is good and the tank is....doing something wrong.
Luckily with flag-afk I can now kill some tanks or healers solo with my WL.

Coma

Post#16 » Mon Sep 25, 2017 2:53 pm

Over several years of experience in various MMO (a few of wich on the official WaR server) I've learnt 2 great truth (that most likely every veteran/smart MMO player also know):

1) most rant come from people that don't understand WHY they died and don't have the patience to actualy LOOK FOR THE ANSWEAR... (yes there are also justified rant about actualy OP/UP skill/clasees/mechanics... but they are actualy less than 5% of the actual ran't argument... maybe even less)

2) the best way to counter a class/archetype is to actualy try that class/archetype for yourself... once you've seen how it work and what ACTUALY gave it problems you will also know what to do in order to avoid/kill/neutralize it on your main ;)

3) Looking at video of other people plaing your most heated class serve nothing... since people tend to make video of things going GOOD not of things going BAD... and you want to learn the BAD... the good you can already see them from your prospective ;)

freshour
Banned

Post#17 » Mon Sep 25, 2017 3:05 pm

It seems like you are describing what happens when one DPS with an armor debuff attack a target that is unguarded with very low armor and no initiative or active detaunt. If that is the case then sure a single dps with an armor debuff can murder you.

So you really only have to worry about Mara and WL deleting you in this case. WH/WE can do similar burst but generally they will in turn also be deleted if they over extend so positioning is key and you need to check SC lists to see what classes are in the SC prior to initiation and if you are solo in the RVR lake in this happens... well... yah.

Generally if you are guarded or have a tank who can swap guard. Know how to hit your detaunt button, have at least the cheap pots from the AH, and can turn your camera and hit flee and run in the opposite direction you won't get overwhelmed by 1 dps. So you really need to focus on detaunts. If you are not getting healed be nice to your healers and remind them that it is a good idea to at least keep you pre hot'd if you are squishy.

If you tanks aren't guarding, just politely ask them. Most of them will guard you. If they don't at first, just kindly ask them again the next time you see them.

I had this happen a lot as I used to solo Q 90% of the time for fun. After a while people started to remember my DoK's name and would actually guard me. Healers would know that I'd do my best to keep them alive if they did their best to keep me alive. Eventually pug q's were going pretty well. But currently I only party in 6 mans as the pug sc/warband scene has grown extremely boring to me. But if you ever need help with not dying, I am more than happy to provide you with any/all information you would like as I have asked just about the best of the best of the best in this game how they go about doing so.

Sulorie

Post#18 » Mon Sep 25, 2017 5:32 pm

Coma wrote:
2) the best way to counter a class/archetype is to actualy try that class/archetype for yourself... once you've seen how it work and what ACTUALY gave it problems you will also know what to do in order to avoid/kill/neutralize it on your main ;)
Are you suggesting people to xrealm? Heretic! :D
Dying is no option.

Ads
Zanilos

Post#19 » Mon Sep 25, 2017 5:33 pm

This is my favourite thread in a long time. Love how serious people are taking it giving him tips!

Sulorie

Post#20 » Mon Sep 25, 2017 5:41 pm

Zanilos wrote:This is my favourite thread in a long time. Love how serious people are taking it giving him tips!
We want to prove that the forum is not toxic towards freenownroflnoobs.
Dying is no option.