Recent Topics

Ads

Suggestions for a new Player

Let's talk about... everything else
FraggleD

Suggestions for a new Player

Post#1 » Wed Oct 11, 2017 8:29 am

Hello,

i played Warhammer Online since the BETA and played Order (Sigmarpriest/Bright Wizard). So now that i want to start again, i wanted to ask, which side is more active in RvR?
Which classes are needed on this site?

Would be great if someone is able to tell me and perhaps a nice guild/clan with friendly and supporting members.

Thanks in advance

Asa og vana

Ads
szejoza

Re: Suggestions for a new Player

Post#2 » Wed Oct 11, 2017 8:38 am

The thing is - for the RvR to be decent both sides need to be active, recently there were a bit more players on destro side (you can check the percentages on the main site, I would say the average is 47% of order to 53% of destro, but that's just my observation, not some hard facts)

When it comes to classes it changes so often you might end up playing the class that is overpopulated by the time you are rank40. Of course you can't go wrong with tanks (like a proper tanks, not dps ones) and healers (not a dps-hybrids :D), but the overall thing is - everything is needed, everything is viable in certain environments, one class will excel at solo, other will be the best roamer in 6v6 and another one will be the core of the warband. Nothing is solid here, changes are inevitable and if you aim for the most OP class you might end up with nerfhammer a week later.

So, my advice is - look for something that appeals to you, be it in playstyle, looks, lore. You don't want to end up playing something you don't enjoy.

And remember, this is not a solo game, you are part of the realm!

See you on battlefield
Spoiler:

CegeePegee
Former Staff

Post#3 » Wed Oct 11, 2017 3:18 pm

Actually it depends on your time zone. Order is the larger faction during NA hours most days.

GodlessCrom
Suspended

Post#4 » Wed Oct 11, 2017 3:21 pm

There are way more NA order guilds in my experience. EU Order is mostly Russians from what I have seen, though on weekends you get more NA people during EU time. NA destro is basically Black Toof Clan, Black Library, and Drow. And of those, none but BTC really do warbands. Everyone else pugs. And NA destro lacks Ocara/Gdy.
Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king!

areanda

Post#5 » Wed Oct 11, 2017 3:22 pm

Go for order we need more freenown + they need a King! !

CegeePegee
Former Staff

Post#6 » Wed Oct 11, 2017 3:24 pm

GodlessCrom wrote:There are way more NA order guilds in my experience. EU Order is mostly Russians from what I have seen, though on weekends you get more NA people during EU time. NA destro is basically Black Toof Clan, Black Library, and Drow. And of those, none but BTC really do warbands. Everyone else pugs. And NA destro lacks Ocara/Gdy.

And Drow is small. We usually only have about 6-8 people on at a given time during our peak hours. Small but awesome ;)

Leecifer

Post#7 » Wed Oct 11, 2017 3:26 pm

What class is needed - Usually Healer/Tanks are in the smallest supply, but I believe its best just to play whatever class you like the most. WAR needs people that understand and like to play their class, not just someone to fill a role.
Montague
Rickless - WP
Fridge - IB
Clokwerk - ENGI
Katie - Shaman

GodlessCrom
Suspended

Post#8 » Wed Oct 11, 2017 3:27 pm

Black Library is pretty small too from what I remember. Mostly Luca, Megalodonis and Gogokaboom/Toxi. At least thats who I see on during NA hours.

Meanwhile Order has Train Wreck, Shadows of Divinity, Montague and Warhawks people, all of whom have at least a group on during NA hours. Hell, apparently peterthesixman never sleeps because I often see at least Giggs from Fusion wandering around in NA hours, occasiaonlly with Mete or or Csi in tow :D

Ads
peterthepan3

Post#9 » Wed Oct 11, 2017 3:30 pm

GodlessCrom
Suspended

Post#10 » Wed Oct 11, 2017 3:31 pm

Youre supposed to drink tea, Englishman!