Recent Topics

Ads

natural born killer class?

Let's talk about... everything else
Arbich
Suspended

Re: natural born killer class?

Post#11 » Wed Oct 18, 2017 2:31 pm

Just for clarification: Wasn´t crown of fire give a stun on hit (not at crit). I get older and forget a lot of things :D , but as far as I remember this tactic wasn´t that bad.
Arbich-BW/Xanthippe-WP/Schnipsel-AM

Ads
Coma

Post#12 » Wed Oct 18, 2017 2:38 pm

Arbich wrote:Just for clarification: Wasn´t crown of fire give a stun on hit (not at crit). I get older and forget a lot of things :D , but as far as I remember this tactic wasn´t that bad.
it was either on crit or chance on hit (I'm quite sure it was on crit but I too am getting older ^^') the problem with it it was that it still generated a 10 sec immunity on a non controllable CC... and with AoE it turned into a CC immunity paradise... every time someone wanted to CC a target it was immune due to a random proc of CoF that likely stunned him for a sec while still full HP ^^' also the extremely short duration made it so that it was more of an interrupt that a real CC... there is only so much you can do in one sec especialy with gcd often consuming that 1 sec ^^'... I hardly rember a good kill that was born out of a healer getting stunned for one sec ^^' on the other hand both my tank and mdps always lamented that they couldn't stun/kd an opponent due to immunity... that's why CoF had a short life in my tactic bar as a BW ^^'

Aurandilaz

Post#13 » Wed Oct 18, 2017 3:40 pm

The best thing Sorcs have over BWs are good looks. :)

Otherwise BW wins by having Disrupt -> Flashfire -> Undefendable Fireball in ST spec, and is miles ahead when it comes to AoE comparison, especially after Sorc+Choppa ChopFasta synergy was removed from game. Both classes lost their proc meta potential last January, but considering how BW never had option to be "support bomber" that gives procs and Infernal Gift to the main damage dealers, it hurt Sorc somewhat more, though obviously BW/SW and Sorc/SH ranged proc combos became weaker similarly.

Where BW gets Armor buff that makes them less likely to get setback (armor buff easily buffing more than average pots your physical resistance), Sorc gets resistances buff that barely is better than the average Chosen resis buff which most likely already had in effect.
Where BW gets self cleanse that can be spammed every 10 second, Sorc gets Obsessive Focus, something which you most likely never end up using after you have tried it a few times. (1 min cd)
Where BW gets basic M2 that hits 1200 moral damage that is usually out after 20 seconds, Sorc gets speccable M4 that does 1800 damage and is usually out after 120 seconds. (or you could pop Focused Mind M2 and use it instead of Resolute Defence to flee)
At career rank 31, Sorc gets Manic Obsession tactic, so you could use your Obsessive Focus every 20 seconds (which is still bad, and still not 10 second like BW self ceanse). At career rank 31, BW gets Flashfire, so that upon any Disrupt, their next cast spell becomes insta cast, meaning either 0 sec Fireball or 0 sec Fiery Blast, something that Sorc can only dream off.
In the left "direct damage" tree, Sorc can spec for Swell of Gloom, which makes your Gloomburst quite better. BW gets to spec for Fireball/Pyroglastic Surge becoming undefendable. Do the math in your head, 291+291 Gloomburst with tactic every 5 seconds, or Flashfire+Burnthrough and 533 Fireball with 0 sec cast that cannot be defended against possibly every 3 seconds.

Then look at some other AoE abilities. BW Detonate, insta cast. Sorc Gloom of Night, you need to spec for it, and it has 2.5 sec cast, mostly similar effect so almost like mirrors.
Sorc had an awesome ability called Infernal Wave that combined with Choppas Chop Fasta! buff, you could spam it and do about similar damge from range as BWs, this synergy was removed from game a few patches ago.
BW FireBreath at 40 feet is somewhat inferior to 80 feet Infernal Wave, with FireBreath (weak initial damage, followed by dot) being combination of Sorc Ice Spikes (dot) and Infernal Wave (direct damage). Yet, Fire Breath does not lag too much behind because it's good for triggering Flashfire, and when Sorcs spam Ice Spikes to get 10 mechanic points before fight starts, BW spams Flamebreath to get 20 mechanic point before fight starts.

But it doesn't stop here.
BW has a tactic called Wildfire. It hurts a lot, and triggers a lot. And currently it's one of the few tactics in game that do crit. It easily gives a lot of extra damage to the otherwise similar looking abilities like Annihilate/Disastrous Cascade or FieryBlast/Shattered Shadows.
But why stop here, BW also has something called Funnel Power, which gives just a bit more juice to the BW in form of extra corporeal damage done when you hit targets, sure it means lot of self inflicted damage to the BW, but thats just awesome if you have healer at hand, it means more renown from healing to the party thanks you to burning yourself at maximum efficiency.
So when Sorc AoE hits, it has the basic damage, but also chance to proc FrozenTouch for extra proc damage. When BW AoE hits, it has basic damage, but also chance to proc Flames of Rhuin, then Funnel Power, than Wildfire, and if you suffer from any AoE target Disrupting you, your Flashfire procs meaning next spell is instant cast.

Also almost forgot; BW has the chance to spec stuff like Ranged Knockdown (though rarely used), and could possibly spec for ranged healdebuff (rarely used).
Instead of Funnel Power, at that spot Sorc can spec for Echo of Power, its kinda nice, but on 5 sec CD and require Disrupt before you can hit it. Nova/Impending Doom kinda similar.
Up in left tree, BW gets Fireball Barrage, kinda good for triggering Flashfire because more chance for disrupts due to AoE, Sorc gets something called Shades of Death, a mysterious ability that really doesn't see the light of day due it being kinda a joke, unless you running as a Solo sorc and want to killsteal to get medals. (apparently it used to be able to crit on live, but not here)

Obviously you can still get lot of kills on Sorc, but let's say that in current state of game BW has slight edge over Sorc. Good Sorcs will be deadly whether ST or AoE spec, but similarly goes for BW.

BW and Sorc, somewhat "mirrors", though when you take a thorough look, you begin to wonder what the original design plans where behind these 2 classes and what exactly happened at Mythic/Bioware that lead to the somewhat drastic differences between these classes.

Hastykrasty

Post#14 » Wed Oct 18, 2017 4:10 pm

Yet, many people forget that this game revolves arund Realm vs Realm balance and not in mirroring classes...
[/sarcasm] Speedy gobbos anyone? [/sarcasm]
Suffer Not The Eretic To Live

Soulcheg

Post#15 » Sat Oct 21, 2017 8:57 am

I always loved, how the people pointing their shaking fingers to the every ability they like, at the warbuilder, and shouting "ITS OP", judiciously failing to mention about their own abilities, implying that opposite class always take all of mentioned abilities into the daily build.

It's the old "nerf him, buff me" case.
[RU]GreenFire. //Grimward/Albiona/Edwin/many others

Coma

Post#16 » Sat Oct 21, 2017 10:19 am

Soulcheg wrote:I always loved, how the people pointing their shaking fingers to the every ability they like, at the warbuilder, and shouting "ITS OP", judiciously failing to mention about their own abilities, implying that opposite class always take all of mentioned abilities into the daily build.

It's the old "nerf him, buff me" case.
not really ^^' I'm currently plaing neither BW nor sorc, but I've played them for a long time on official (BW on Karak Norn and Sorc on Karak Azgal) up to RR80 (for the BW and around 70 for Sorc.. see below the reason Sorc didn't get to 80) stopped plaing shortly after they raised the cap to 100

My first was the Sorc... I had a blast with it... when people told me BW is much better, my typical answear was "L2P"...
Than with a few friend we rolled Order characters on a different server to try out a few thin g and test how it felt to be on the other side... I went with BW since My main ob wasn't to test but to help my friends leveling and using a char I thought I was familiar with was the best for that... the result was that looking back at my loved Soc felt painfull... really painfull... and that was BEFORE the patch I mentioned above... after that... I simply stopped plaing Sorc... it was too much frastating