Recent Topics

Ads

natural born killer class?

Let's talk about... everything else
fastcore

natural born killer class?

Post#1 » Sat Oct 14, 2017 11:04 pm

Hello!
Many years played wow and saw a post in the web about RoR.
I was amazed how cool it is but now i have a little bit perplexity - too much classes and i dont have idea how them working.
I tried SH to lvl 10 - but got a little bit frustrated because lots of order tanks was chasing me like a lions chasing gazelle, and my shots didnt even removed them 3% of hp and that was after melting their defence and placing dot on them so i was feeling more like sqwig food, not herder :D
After that i tried shaman - and everything is cool while you just healing people away with 100y from battlefield, if im trying to make some damage to stack wagggggh spiritual energy i was dying in a few seconds. And interface for healing is sooooo awful, my eyes was bloody crying (got lots of healing exp in lots of mmos and this interface is such a pain).

So i want to ask you guys - what classes can be in a top for dead blows and damage at bg and dont die in 2 seconds? Im mainly interested in BGs and be part of big pvp openworld situations and dont too much worry about 1x1. Big numbers and lots of kills <3

Ads
GodlessCrom
Suspended

Re: natural born killer class?

Post#2 » Sat Oct 14, 2017 11:10 pm

Bright Wizard and Sorceror are good for this. So is Squig actually, youre just in t1 where balance is wonky. White Lion is also very good, especially since the class is very bursty and so gets a lot of dbs (Coordinated Strike and Cull the Weak are good for it).

Honestly, all the dps classes are murder machines if played correctly. You just need a group. White Lion and Squig are more solo friendly however.
Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king!

Eathisword

Post#3 » Sun Oct 15, 2017 3:48 am

Hey,

Couple core differences between WAR and WoW :
1- Tanks are tanks in WAR. In WoW, different spec lets you become dps (warrior/dk/druid). Its not like that here. Tanks cannot be strong dps. They tank damage. Same for healers, their dps spec is always subpar of a true dps.

2- The base UI is terrible yes ! Gets some addon to smooth that out. Enemy addon clears thing out for healing. Pure gives you better looking character frame. Buffhead lets you track buff/debuffs easier.

Now to answer, what Crom said is right. Sorcerer and Bright Wizard are strong dps that require minimum support if you position good. SH is good too. If you wanna go melee, you will need support from a group to perform. At minimum, a Tank to protect you and a healer.

To simplify your life, some doubtful associations of WAR/WoW dps :
Magus/engineer = Warlock
BW/sorcerer = Mage (minus extreme mobility)
SH = more or less a hunter
slayer/choppa = no equivalent (pure dps with little survivability)
Witch Elf/Witch hunter = bad rogues
Marauder = makes me think of DK when they were OP
White Lion = pounce reminds me of Charge they way warrior does it. Teleports you to your target. downside is they rely a lot on their pet which is easy to kill.
Farfadet, RR72 shaman
Volgograd, RR80 IB
Video thread here.

fastcore

Post#4 » Sun Oct 15, 2017 2:43 pm

Black Ork is not a dps guy?
And can be an engineer an aoe one?

oldgrumbler

Post#5 » Sun Oct 15, 2017 3:10 pm

fastcore wrote:Black Ork is not a dps guy?
Black orcs are tanks, they can specialize in damage but their role will always be that of a tank.
And can be an engineer an aoe one?
Engineer has quite good aoe.

fastcore

Post#6 » Sun Oct 15, 2017 4:07 pm

And damage output in t1 and upper tears is dependant out of gear or lvl?
Is there any scaling or stats are standart for all?

fastcore

Post#7 » Mon Oct 16, 2017 12:00 pm

And sorry for newb questions but is there difference between BW and sorcerrer?

TenTonHammer

Post#8 » Mon Oct 16, 2017 12:48 pm

fastcore wrote:And sorry for newb questions but is there difference between BW and sorcerrer?

I used to think that BW and Sorcs were on par mor or less with the former having better utlity and AoE while the latter had much stonger single target dps

then we had a thread on the very question the other day and some one made this post
Jaycub wrote:BW wins by a **** mile

>Flash Fire ( I N S T A N T C A S T F I R E B A L L S)
>Fireball Barrage (an extra channel/instant damage that does a ton and has amazing synergy with flashfire)
>Self cleanse (sorc gets shitty 10% inc damage thing that costs a GCD so you never use it)
>Funnel Power (free damage and doubles the chance you proc anything)
>F R E E Snare on their channel
>specable RKD (no good BW does tho)
>better AoE tree by a mile

Sorc literally doesn't get jackshit to compete with this, but somehow is still alpha RDPS on destro because give any class 250% increased crit damage in this meta and it's godly.
talking around the fourms and ingma i can in retrospect agree that this is basically all true

but BW's look horrible and Sorcs have legs for days and so as long as you look fabulous what else really matters?

Ads
Feuermelder

Post#9 » Wed Oct 18, 2017 1:13 pm

TenTonHammer wrote: but BW's look horrible and Sorcs have legs for days and so as long as you look fabulous what else really matters?
Spoiler:

Coma

Post#10 » Wed Oct 18, 2017 1:39 pm

one of the big problems with sorc vs BW (and also the source of the idea that sorc have better single target while BW have better AoE) is that initialy sorc actualy HAD a better single target/DoT... but at some point (don't remeber exaclty when but it was in the later stage of the game... probably around the same time they reworked mara) there was a patch to "increase balance among mirrors"... which actualy took all the good things Sorc had and gave them to BW without giving anything in return... (and they still had the courage to call it a balancing act -_-' ) in particular:

Crown of flame, before this patch it was a 1 sec stun on crit... it's only use was to give people immunity to hard cc ^^' changed to give 75% proc rate to FoR to mirror Frozen fury (that with no proc limit was a considerable source of damage for sorc and the only thing that made them worth to spec AoE even while compared to BW)...

Boiling blood, it was a regular DoT... a powerfull one but just a stronger version of ignite with a CD attached to it... changed to mirror WoP...

Fuel to the fire, I actualy can't remeber what the original tactic was (and this should already give an idea of how usefull it was compared to now...) changed to boost BB the same way Vision of dominotion boost WoP...

Those 3 changes alone stripped the Sorc of his upper hand in single target... and you can clearly see it as BB+FtF are key to BW single target rotation... while CoF is a powerfull grop buff tactic... on the other end nothing was done about the sorc AoE mastery that was and still is compltely trash compared to BW (seriously... same tactic and skill but require higher lvl of mastery... while different skill are clearly less performing).

Obviously it wasn't a patch AIMED TO DESTROY THE SORC (that is actualy what some people called it right after it was released)... there were several other tactic and skill changes on different classes with the same aim of "increasing the similarity between mirrors"... in same cases both classes gained something... but in a few there was a class that took all and give nothing back (and the sorc was probably the one that pulled the shortest stick...).

so YES the Sorc HAD a better Sinlge target damage and weaker AoE than BW... now it has comparable/slightly inferior single target and considerably inferior AoE... all that is left for sorc to feel "superior" to BW is that it has bore "group buff" (infernal gift and tapping the dark... altrough the last was indirectly nerfed with the proc limit applied to FT) that BW don't have... but well... is not like you take a Sorc/BW in your WB to act as a support/buffer ^^'

PS: if memory serve me right (and I'm not too sure on this) this patch also come up a little after Ruin and Destruction (BW m2) was nerfed... right... that M2 that many sorc envy is actualy the shadow of what it was before... becuse they removed the "5 SEC STUN" from it ^^' that actualy worked to lessen the criticism of Sorc since BW actualy had recently "lost" something too... not that it gave anything to the sorc... but at least it took away from their competitor...

PPS: now that I go back with memory... the same patch for mirrors was also the one responsible for the change to Chosen quake from a 3 sec AoE KD in a 5 sec stagger to mirror HF from kotbs