Recent Topics

Ads

Summary of new defensive mechanics

Let's talk about... everything else
Serrow

Re: Summary of new defensive mechanics

Post#11 » Sun Oct 15, 2017 11:42 pm

I've been experiencing an absolutely insane amount of disrupts since the changes took effect. I'm not going to comment on whether or not they were good just yet, but right now I feel like it's pointless to try to fling spells at a healer.

Ads
Coma

Post#12 » Mon Oct 16, 2017 12:18 am

the defense boost also extended to pve... was helping a friend on the normal PQ ch22 etaine... I've done it time and time again farming ruin on 2 char and helping 4 more friend farming it (why the ch22 and not an easier one? because we started farming it when we were still lvl 38 at it paied good exp on top or ruin shard :P ), so I'm pretty clear on how hard the hero at the end is to kill... and I've kiled him so many time already that it almost become something mechanical... yet today we failed to kill it because my helaer run out of AP 3 time during the fight... fight that lasted enough for me to use defensive morale 3 time...

Now... I was doing all that as a WE in mixed conq/beast/anni... around 950 str... not top gear I recognize it... but getting string of 4-5 parry back to back when luck was bad and an avarage of one parry out of 3 skill... was really out of the norm compared to previosu fight where I barely had to use M1 only once... do we actually need capped main stat and striketrough focused equip in order to kill a simple hero now? than what should we use to kill a defensive focuse palyer?

DokB

Post#13 » Mon Oct 16, 2017 12:54 am

I don’t have a RDPS other than a SH I haven’t touched in months, but playing as tanks and a Shammy I’ve found I’ve been disrupting/dodging a lot more than usual in new patch. I would go as far to say it’s a good change at least from a healers - my shaman is a very mediocre example of a healer but that’s what I’m running him as until I get more gear/RR - and a tanks perspective. Willpower no longer being a meme stat and allowing it to give better defensives to those who stack it (as well as encouraging BG/IB to throw those huge willpower buffs around more often) is a nice change.

Couldn’t give a decent opinion from a RDPS viewpoint, but anything that tones back the RDPS dominance is okay in my book.

What I’m still sort of confused about is where this leaves offensive specced offtanks such as SM/BG/IB/BO? Is it not worth running 700+ strength anymore if I can’t reach the softcap (I could if I wanted to but going full loldps tank is a recipe for disaster)? Should I just settle at around 500-550 STR and gear/spec more defensively now? EDIT: Or alternatively should I try to boost my WS higher if that has more value for landings my skills on people face on?
Zoggof - Black Orc
Doinks - Ironbreaker
Leatherman - Blackguard

Jaycub

Post#14 » Mon Oct 16, 2017 1:32 am

Aurandilaz wrote:My Sorc has BiS gear, full Conq and full Genesis, softcap Intelligence and +7 disrupt strikethrough (4 from conq, 3 from genesis)
I'm getting insane amounts of disrupts compared to before. I mean I cannot get more Int strikethrough as it is now, what to do?

Obviously if my Sorc has Flashfire there would be an upside in it, though sadly not every bombing class is blessed with the same potential as BW when it comes to damage output.
Should've attended the prestigious Bright Wizard College™
Spoiler:
<Lords of the Locker Room> <Old School>

Pacso

Post#15 » Mon Oct 16, 2017 6:49 am

Aurandilaz wrote:My Sorc has BiS gear, full Conq and full Genesis, softcap Intelligence and +7 disrupt strikethrough (4 from conq, 3 from genesis)
I'm getting insane amounts of disrupts compared to before. I mean I cannot get more Int strikethrough as it is now, what to do?

Obviously if my Sorc has Flashfire there would be an upside in it, though sadly not every bombing class is blessed with the same potential as BW when it comes to damage output.
Thank god the destro morale building tactics+abilities still work, so you dont have to do much bomb dmg, just the usual morale dump in 15 sec after the combat started.
Zzharg Madeye

Gerv
Banned

Post#16 » Mon Oct 16, 2017 8:19 am

Reduce their willpower, get a group, use a KD or a stagger, finish with un-defend-able damage.
Sia - DoK - Lords
Boyd - WP - O.S.

Coma

Post#17 » Mon Oct 16, 2017 8:32 am

Gerv wrote:

Reduce their willpower, get a group, use a KD or a stagger, finish with un-defend-able damage.
lol... it's sorc mate, not a BW... no KD... no undefendebale fireball... ^^' (and stagger is single target M3)

daniilpb

Post#18 » Mon Oct 16, 2017 8:37 am

Give BG aoe willpower debuff!
<Fusion>
Riphael - Black Guard.
Meridin - Sorcerer.
<FusionII>
Ripliel - Shadow Warrior.
Arfi - Swordmaster.
Very Serious Warhammer Online Montage

Ads
Gerv
Banned

Post#19 » Mon Oct 16, 2017 8:50 am

Coma wrote:
Gerv wrote:

lol... it's sorc mate, not a BW... no KD... no undefendebale fireball... ^^' (and stagger is single target M3)
Its not a walk in the park like it used to be but, I hear tanks and mdps have KDs & staggers, sorc's debuff willpower by 225 (yea its off a spell kinda mute), and you can finish with darh winds and if you really need it moral 1. We got hit with the nerf bat, and yes, worse than BWs, especially with no range KD to help open on.
Sia - DoK - Lords
Boyd - WP - O.S.

Annaise16

Post#20 » Mon Oct 16, 2017 8:53 am

For sorc and BWs complaining about disrupt rates, this is something that is easy to test in game.

1. Downlod the DPSmeter mod.
2. Find a friend to target.
3. Reset the DPSmeter mod so that disrupts are zero.
4. Spam Chillwind/Ignite on your target. If you cast it every gcd, it won't do much damage because it will often be renewed before it reaches the damage ticks.
5. After you've made 100+ casts, check DPSmeter to see what the disrupt rate is.