Recent Topics

Ads

Summary of new defensive mechanics

Let's talk about... everything else
Annaise16

Re: Summary of new defensive mechanics

Post#31 » Wed Oct 18, 2017 8:35 am

anarchypark wrote:I'm still struggling.
Annaise16 wrote:2. +x% modifiers are effectively nerfed by between 15-30%.
Formerly, a +10% parry bonus from abilities, tactics, dual-wield, gear, etc would have increased your parry chance by 10%. Now, it will increase you parry chance by 7.2% against an attacker with 1050 strength. This is a 2.8% reduction. An attacker with only half as much strength, 525, would reduce the bonus by half as much, 1.4%. So the bonus would now be worth 8.6%.

This effect is linear, so a +20% parry bonus would only be providing +14.4% against an attack with 1050 strength, etc.
does STR reduce parry from item/tactic/skills?
in the formula, strikethrough from items reduce it. twice(?).
or am I interpreting it wrong?
Spoiler:
//Parry/Dodge/Disrupt chance from tooltip
double secondaryDefense = (((defensiveStat) * 100) / ((target.EffectiveLevel * 7.5 + 50) * 7.5));
//Contestion based on offensive stat.
double removedDefense = (((offensiveStat) * 100) / (((caster.EffectiveLevel * 7.5) + 50) * 7.5));

secondaryDefense += target.StsInterface.GetTotalStat(Stats.Parry) - caster.StsInterface.GetStatLinearModifier(Stats.ParryStrikethrough);

secondaryDefense = (secondaryDefense * caster.StsInterface.GetStatPercentageModifier(Stats.ParryStrikethrough));

removedDefense += caster.StsInterface.GetStatLinearModifier(Stats.ParryStrikethrough);

removedDefense = (removedDefense * caster.StsInterface.GetStatPercentageModifier(Stats.ParryStrikethrough));
double baseRoll = 0d;
baseRoll += removedDefense;

if (ability != null)
secondaryDefense += ability.Defensibility;

double finalRoll = (StaticRandom.Instance.NextDouble() * (100d + baseRoll));

if (secondaryDefense >= finalRoll)
{
DoParry();
}
can Dev help this?
.GetStatLinearModifier(Stats.ParryStrikethrough);
.GetStatPercentageModifier(Stats.ParryStrikethrough));
item? tactic/skill? both? I think STR is not in there.

Apparently, strikethrough from the offensive stat applies to both the defensive stat and the +% bonuses. So an attacker's strength of 1050 will reduce a +10% parry bonus to a +7.2% bonus. Secrets was very emphatic about this in his/her posts.

Also, the attacker's strikethrough +% bonuses will be treated in the same way. For an attacker with 1050 strength, a tactic that reduced the opponent's chance to parry by 10% will now reduce their parry chance by only 7.2%.

The mechanic change has boosted the defence contribution from your stats but reduced the effectiveness of + % bonuses. So it is easier to get a small amount of extra defence from stats but it is harder to stack large amounts of defence by using + % abilities, tactics, renown, and gear.

Ads
NoRKaLKiLLa

Post#32 » Fri Oct 20, 2017 7:27 am

Give me a quick rundown on melee power.

Annaise16

Post#33 » Fri Oct 20, 2017 8:21 am

NoRKaLKiLLa wrote:Give me a quick rundown on melee power.

Historically, power stats contributed only to damage, not to strike-through. I'm guessing that is still true.

It's something that is basically impossible to check in-game. So the only way to know for certain is to ask the devs.

anarchypark

Post#34 » Sat Oct 21, 2017 10:41 am

I did some simple tests.
against 920 str slayer.
thx to Czarcik from 'Break A Wish Foundation'
( there was another helper, sry i ruined that test with SM parry tactic )

1. lvl 4 parry RR skill
423 ws, 42.1 parry ( 16.1 + 26 )
153 hits / 54 parry
35.2%

2. lvl 3 parry and lvl 4 ws RR skill
495 ws, 38.8 parry ( 18.9 + 20 )
147 hits / 46 parry
31.2%

3. lvl 4 parry and lvl 5 ws RR skill
543 ws, 46.7 parry ( 20.7 + 26 )
163 hits / 62 parry
38%

character window is pretty accurate.
SM8, SW8, AM8, WL7, KoBS5, BW5, WP8, WH7, IB7, Eng5, RP5, SL6
BG8, Sorc8, DoK8, WE7, Chs8, Mg8, Ze7, Mara8, BO6, SH7, Shm5, Chop4
SC summary - viewtopic.php?f=8&t=20415
( last update : 2020.06.09)

CiPhErEnIgMa

Post#35 » Sat Nov 18, 2017 6:36 pm

deleted- posting in new topic
Last edited by CiPhErEnIgMa on Mon Nov 20, 2017 3:10 am, edited 1 time in total.

CiPhErEnIgMa

Post#36 » Sat Nov 18, 2017 7:30 pm

Does parry/dodge/disrupt have a hard cap?

I've found conflicting information lately. For instance here:
Secrets wrote:Some classes like SMs can get up to 87% parry. Some skills boost parry to 200% like morales. Those will still function as we removed the cap from parry rather recently.

So if you have a crazy amount - say, 237% chance to parry, and your opponent has 37% strikethrough, you will parry every time because the roll will always be a number below 137.

This allows those insane values to work without having to cap them. Whether or not it's like live factors in parry is irrelevant, really, because it's a better system.
This tells us there is no parry cap, but then over here:
wargrimnir wrote:-Dodge/Disrupt/Parry now takes the opposing stats into consideration in a different way, by adding onto the 'high-end' of the 100 roll used for calculating the chance, with a hard cap of 75% of any of these.
there is a hard cap of 75% on dodge/disrupt/parry. Which one is it?

Perhaps the portion that is being capped is the dodge/disrupt/parry chance based solely on defensive and offensive stat contribution but then the portion that is contributed from straight + or - % parry/dodge/disrupt (renown, gear, abilities, etc) is not capped? This also begs the question- would the 75% hard cap on stat contribution be only for the defender, or also for the attacker as well? For instance, would the high end of the roll be able to go over 100+75?

Also, if this is the case I am assuming the same principle can be applied towards dodge and disrupt (only parry was discussed above by secrets)?

Shmerrick

Post#37 » Sat Nov 18, 2017 10:12 pm

I am experiences the same problem as others here have stated.

Aluviya

Post#38 » Mon Nov 20, 2017 6:10 am

Unfortunately, I still feel that the core of the problem, that casters face on destruction side, is still not being holistically discussed yet.
On the factual side it seems fair to gear up against RDPS with investing in Dodge/Disrupt no matter what faction you play for.

Looking at the table above (excluding the offensive Healer classes), you can see that on destruction side, there are two casters classes having to compete vs. disrupt while on order side it’s only the BW. While imbalances between BW and Sorc were already discussed, noone really took into the account, that it has become naturally hard for destruction casters to fight against orders healers. In addition to the fact that disrupt is omnipresent, destruction really struggles with the “Group-Heal”-syndrome – further specified: Order healers that are practically invulnerable against spell rotations of Sorcerer/Magus and keep a party alive effortlessly through group-heal spamming. In this scenario there are several tactics for which I’d like to have an explanation why they have a right to exist still. (pictures following)

In my recent observations, I have seen the combo Runepriest, Sigmar Priest + Kotbs over and over and the battles were all the same -targets health bar nearly fading and the very next moment full again.
In addition, to the “Overheal” vs high end order parties, there are some incomprehensible ways of how some DoT-ticks are set, especially concerning Vision of Torment & Word of Pain or Slow Boiling & Boiling Blood. These spells are treated as if they had two ticks. First one is the attempt to apply it on a target and the second one is the explosion of the spell after a period. All four spells deal no damage to a target unless they explode and both ticks are disruptable and especially while fighting vs. Healers they have a very high chance to get disrupted.
In the case of a BW, having an interruption in the rotation is not as dramatic as for a Sorcerer which heavily relies on a rotation, lacking healing debuff and having to “focus” the burst into a short timeframe.
In summary, I believe that the new defense system still needs a revision especially taking the already existing imbalances into account.
P.S. my english is not very well, I still hope that you can understand me sufficient enough :oops:

Ads
tionblack

Post#39 » Mon Nov 20, 2017 6:45 am

GodlessCrom wrote:Yep, Runefang is still one of the best tactics in the game, and now its even betterer. Bit of a stealth buff to IB/BG: IB get Watch 'n Learn, which is a WS buff that now gives them a bit of extra parry as well. And both get a massive willpower buff (300+ at 100 mechanic) which gives them and their darkoath protecfriend a pretty sizable on-demand disrupt bonus.
It was not best tactic because weapon skill was not granting parry before the changes which means was not working as intended.Now it does.And yeah a great tactic.

kill Droll you Kill this Server. DROLL is Community :wink:

tionblack

Post#40 » Mon Nov 20, 2017 6:54 am

Aluviya wrote:Unfortunately, I still feel that the core of the problem, that casters face on destruction side, is still not being holistically discussed yet.
On the factual side it seems fair to gear up against RDPS with investing in Dodge/Disrupt no matter what faction you play for.

Looking at the table above (excluding the offensive Healer classes), you can see that on destruction side, there are two casters classes having to compete vs. disrupt while on order side it’s only the BW. While imbalances between BW and Sorc were already discussed, noone really took into the account, that it has become naturally hard for destruction casters to fight against orders healers. In addition to the fact that disrupt is omnipresent, destruction really struggles with the “Group-Heal”-syndrome – further specified: Order healers that are practically invulnerable against spell rotations of Sorcerer/Magus and keep a party alive effortlessly through group-heal spamming. In this scenario there are several tactics for which I’d like to have an explanation why they have a right to exist still. (pictures following)

In my recent observations, I have seen the combo Runepriest, Sigmar Priest + Kotbs over and over and the battles were all the same -targets health bar nearly fading and the very next moment full again.
In addition, to the “Overheal” vs high end order parties, there are some incomprehensible ways of how some DoT-ticks are set, especially concerning Vision of Torment & Word of Pain or Slow Boiling & Boiling Blood. These spells are treated as if they had two ticks. First one is the attempt to apply it on a target and the second one is the explosion of the spell after a period. All four spells deal no damage to a target unless they explode and both ticks are disruptable and especially while fighting vs. Healers they have a very high chance to get disrupted.
In the case of a BW, having an interruption in the rotation is not as dramatic as for a Sorcerer which heavily relies on a rotation, lacking healing debuff and having to “focus” the burst into a short timeframe.
In summary, I believe that the new defense system still needs a revision especially taking the already existing imbalances into account.
P.S. my english is not very well, I still hope that you can understand me sufficient enough :oops:

These people never end if you want a mirror game go play chess.

( Do you want to talk about tank morale tactics? Or marauder % 10 distrupt ? Or Mara AoE Morale drain? or upcoming % 15 distrupt % 15 parry % 15 dodge squig herder tactic? , Or % 75 detaunt 5 seconds sh tactic? or on hit speed up tactic stacking with quick escape?.or black orcs getting % 20 block just from tactics? or shaman increasing toughness 150 with 1 heal over time ?or % 25 more critical hit damage from orks? or marauders % 10 crit on single target for everyone tactic? want me to list up ? i dont want to cause no point. You are looking game from a very narrow place.These whinings about other factions unique abilities tactics sounds really lame just fyi.)

kill Droll you Kill this Server. DROLL is Community :wink: