Recent Topics

Ads

Balance of the event double XP/RR

Let's talk about... everything else
drmordread
Suspended

Re: Balance of the event double XP/RR

Post#41 » Mon Oct 16, 2017 9:36 pm

Destruction is better at knowing when to fight. Order players "just want to fight man!!" so they will chase one destro all over the zone, getting ambushed and killed when hit from behind. Or will engage a 6 man with 2 wb's while ignoring the destro wb hitting their rear and killing their healers.
Biggest problem ... order's good players and 6 man groups stay by themselves. On destro a good 6 man will open up and form a wb around them and lead them.
Morrdread Ladydread Kickyerbutt Tamorrah Whisperrss SutSut Amniell
Lolyou Tahw Fortuna Sarissa Yiorrrgos
(and eight more to keep you guessing)

Ads
Martok

Post#42 » Mon Oct 16, 2017 9:58 pm

drmordread wrote:Biggest problem ... order's good players and 6 man groups stay by themselves. On destro a good 6 man will open up and form a wb around them and lead them.
This. I tried to play as much as I could over the weekend but with one exception on Sunday night each and every time I logged in not only was I unable to find a warband I couldn't even get an answer in realm chat if there was one. Therefore I just roamed and did my thing. Film at eleven.
Blame It On My ADD Baby...

Glorian

Post#43 » Mon Oct 16, 2017 10:19 pm

Martok wrote:
drmordread wrote:Biggest problem ... order's good players and 6 man groups stay by themselves. On destro a good 6 man will open up and form a wb around them and lead them.
This. I tried to play as much as I could over the weekend but with one exception on Sunday night each and every time I logged in not only was I unable to find a warband I couldn't even get an answer in realm chat if there was one. Therefore I just roamed and did my thing. Film at eleven.
Find a guild or an Alliance with players in it and guilds who like to play RvR.
There are allways Guild Warbands out there who are just tired of pugs in open warbands that join the warband to stay at warcamp or BOs, chase Shamans across the map below Phalanx-Cliff in Kadrin Valley or simply begin to argue with the Warband Leader.

It just gets tiresome to tell people over and over in /wb to stay on the leader, go where he goes and dont chase just the other Order Players in front of it. Even in the most casual Guild all this is given.

This is not elitist high society, but just a comfort zone in what enviroment you want to fight the evening.

OldPlayer
Former Staff

Post#44 » Mon Oct 16, 2017 10:42 pm

It will be interesting to know how many chars for each faction are: Renown 75-80 and how many chars for each faction are full Conq or full Dominator.
If one faction has much higher ratio, it is time to think how to help the underdog.

My personal humble opinion.
magicthighs wrote:Finding bugs is what players are for. The RoR team itself doesn't have the people nor the time to do that.

Luuca

Post#45 » Mon Oct 16, 2017 11:04 pm

Don;t worry everyone.. the Devs will roll back the XP, RR, and gear that Destro got just like they did in T2....

peterthepan3

Post#46 » Mon Oct 16, 2017 11:27 pm

OldPlayer wrote:It will be interesting to know how many chars for each faction are: Renown 75-80 and how many chars for each faction are full Conq or full Dominator.
If one faction has much higher ratio, it is time to think how to help the underdog.

Even if perceived imbalances between the realm are completely due to the playerbase (reasons already mentioned that pertain to lack of competitive guilds & lazy players), as opposed to the game itself and/or its mechanics?

How do you fix, or incentivise, such people?

Collateral

Post#47 » Mon Oct 16, 2017 11:31 pm

OldPlayer wrote:It will be interesting to know how many chars for each faction are: Renown 75-80 and how many chars for each faction are full Conq or full Dominator.

I don't think there's a huge difference in gear. Plus, the gear gap is currently not that big either, and getting gear is not that difficult. And while rr is sort of important, I would say that the ratio is almost the same. It would be pretty difficult to count since so many people have alts, which means they spent less time on their mains. And those who have a lot of time have multiple 50+ rr characters.

You also have to take into account that people play both sides. Certain groups have quite high lvl toons on both sides, so that would also be hard to measure. In the end, I think it doesn't matter. A good coordinated group in anni/merc gear can beat a disorganized group in conq/domi. But people often don't like to blame themselves, so they blame gear/rr or whatever. And that's also one of the biggest problems. Sadly, it's mostly a l2p issue I think.

Aurandilaz

Post#48 » Mon Oct 16, 2017 11:36 pm

You can't buff player mentality. Destro is currently on top because of higher rate of organization. Maybe 1-2 months from now, Order has higher organization. It fluctuates, I remember few months ago Order being the dominant faction, then it became Destro, then again Order... it fluctuates.
However from my POV, the best fights happen when you have a proper AAO, 40-100%, even more is doable if you simply have a proper warband that is willing to get organized and have a passion for fighting against the bigger numbers. :)

Ads
Manatikik

Post#49 » Mon Oct 16, 2017 11:48 pm

peterthepan3 wrote:

Even if perceived imbalances between the realm are completely due to the playerbase (reasons already mentioned that pertain to lack of competitive guilds & lazy players), as opposed to the game itself and/or its mechanics?

How do you fix, or incentivise, such people?
Here's a radical idea: remove open warbands. There would still be the PUG warbands out there but to be a part of them people would have to communicate in the first place. This extra "hurdle" might actually facilitate a low level of coordination from the pugs in ORvR due to the fact that if they have to look for another group if they decide to go rogue and get kicked.

Only real downsides I can see to this is super casual pugs complaining about how hard it is to find groups or our non-English speaking friends.
<Montague><Capulet>

diedrake

Post#50 » Tue Oct 17, 2017 12:23 am

Well had a blast this weekend and to those order that are complaining no need to. Reason is because order had aao plus 2x rr gain. Also the trend is that order dominates during the week and weekends destro dominates normally.

This weekend though... Best fight was kv what friday night i want to say, the rest of the weekend order seemed to be in small packs and funnel kings. Destro locked alot of zones yes but our victory lock ticks were not that great due to quick matches and little fighting on order side. Thoae that did come out thanks had a few great fights.
Fenaal- SM 40/84
Fanaal- CH 40/7x