Recent Topics

Ads

Thanks

Let's talk about... everything else
dansari

Thanks

Post#1 » Fri Oct 20, 2017 5:37 am

To the staff who have worked on updating the RvR campaign: thank you. I remember not too long ago when RvR was a grindy, boring mess, seen as a necessity to power through to obtain gear rather than bringing enjoyment to people. I remember when suggesting venturing out into the lakes with your guild was laughable, akin to suggesting that you attack a brick wall with your forehead for several hours. Now, it's dynamic, bringing enjoyment to all playstyles. I know there is more planned, just wanted to say that the mechanics now are much better than they were.
<Salt Factory>

Ads
Danord
Suspended

Re: Thanks

Post#2 » Fri Oct 20, 2017 7:36 am

Im also a big fan of current campaign, its the best it has been on RoR by a large margin.

Manatikik

Post#3 » Fri Oct 20, 2017 7:58 am

Still feel it needs a few tweaks to deal with EU vs NA population (like how we cant get a keep above 3 star if destro has some people leave cause they couldnt take the keep) but im sure they'll eventually work out all the kinks.
<Montague><Capulet>

NoRKaLKiLLa

Post#4 » Fri Oct 20, 2017 8:09 am

Lower tier maps in the mix, portals, 4 hour drop dead timers.. Thumbs up. I look forward to seeing what the deal is with all the portals showing up in the lakes.

NoRKaLKiLLa

Post#5 » Fri Oct 20, 2017 8:10 am

The portals at the crypts I should say.

dansari

Post#6 » Fri Oct 20, 2017 3:19 pm

NoRKaLKiLLa wrote:The portals at the crypts I should say.
Same! Good stuff in the works.

@fenryl - yeah, I would like to see if the numbers required to rank 5 a zone can be looked at as well.
<Salt Factory>

Shalktonin

Post#7 » Fri Oct 20, 2017 3:29 pm

or at least give us the information so that people know what conditions are not being met.

But i too am enjoying the new mechanics. It has been fun.
Scientia potentia est, tene hanc bene

Dabbart

Post#8 » Sat Oct 21, 2017 1:09 am

Shalktonin wrote:or at least give us the information so that people know what conditions are not being met.

But i too am enjoying the new mechanics. It has been fun.

Probably because this server has always had a quite healthy population of, as Aza put it, "Chuckle-****" who like to game, or **** with the system to their own benefit, or for chuckles.

Haven't played much of it, but I've had fun.Maybe I'm the old guy shouting to stay off my lawn, but I really dislike the idea of capping a zone without taking the keep... Forcing a draw, or Mini-roll sure. Just feels a bit care-bearish to me. Give a path of least resistance, and people will take it. I know the Dev team plays the same game we do, so we wont see the end of Keep assaults. The rest I really enjoyed. and the 4hr force draw is amazing.
Azarael wrote: It's only a nerf if you're bad.

(see, I can shitpost too!)
Secrets wrote: Kindly adjust your attitude to actually help the community and do not impose your will on it. You aren't as powerful as you think.

Ads
dansari

Post#9 » Sat Oct 21, 2017 3:39 am

I think a lot of people see the rank 5 win as a last resort or a second option.. most of the time people are still trying for keep takes first from what I can tell.
<Salt Factory>

Dabbart

Post#10 » Sat Oct 21, 2017 3:49 am

Hey, maybe it will do it's job. Failed keep assault, pull back take BOs, defenders have to move to a BO. I haven't seen a zone flip with rank 5 yet, so I have no idea how long it takes. So it is quite possible I am talking out of my ass.
Azarael wrote: It's only a nerf if you're bad.

(see, I can shitpost too!)
Secrets wrote: Kindly adjust your attitude to actually help the community and do not impose your will on it. You aren't as powerful as you think.