Recent Topics

Ads

Question About Butchering/Scavenging

Let's talk about... everything else
dansari

Question About Butchering/Scavenging

Post#1 » Mon Oct 23, 2017 2:44 pm

Does the level of the mob you loot matter when determining whether your Butchering or Scavenging levels up? Meaning, if I kill level 1 rats in Altdorf over and over and over, will I eventually get to 200 Butchering, or would I need to kill mobs in the 35-39 range (which, when reflected on the Butchering table would drop level 175+ materials) to level from 175 to 200? I'm not sure exactly how it works, assuming it works the same for both Butchering and Scavenging.
<Salt Factory>

Ads
Stinkyweed

Re: Question About Butchering/Scavenging

Post#2 » Mon Oct 23, 2017 3:24 pm

The later...need to kill mobs at, or above, your butcher/scavenger level to increase.
Stinkyweed SH.86
Prowl WE.85
Blob Chop.82
Babaganoush Sham.7x
Negative Creep Z.5x
Motley Crue WH.5x
Scratch WL.2x

Don't fall asleep...don't fall asleep...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oP7uxesyQWo

dansari

Post#3 » Mon Oct 23, 2017 3:38 pm

Thanks bud -- much appreciated.
<Salt Factory>

Tankbeardz

Post#4 » Mon Oct 23, 2017 3:39 pm

dansari wrote:Does the level of the mob you loot matter when determining whether your Butchering or Scavenging levels up? Meaning, if I kill level 1 rats in Altdorf over and over and over, will I eventually get to 200 Butchering, or would I need to kill mobs in the 35-39 range (which, when reflected on the Butchering table would drop level 175+ materials) to level from 175 to 200? I'm not sure exactly how it works, assuming it works the same for both Butchering and Scavenging.
The level of material you get is based on mob level and skill level. I don't know the exact breakdown but it's easiest to level it on high level mobs.

BreezeKicker

Post#5 » Mon Oct 23, 2017 3:43 pm

You can however level all the way from 1 to 200 on mobs around ~40. So there is no need whatsoever to go into lower tiers. It used to be based on bracket each 5 levels so to level from 25 to 50 you needed ~6-10 mobs, but not anymore.
Sunset-BW...(M)|Starlight-SM.
Moon-WP..........|Mayor-ENG
Vanguard-KotBs|Breeze-WL
Aryanne-WH

Leader of CNTK branch @RoR