Recent Topics

Ads

Question about PQs and loot bags

Let's talk about... everything else
Lheana
Head Database Developer

Re: Question about PQs and loot bags

Post#11 » Tue Nov 07, 2017 6:54 pm

Egoish wrote:Ah, makes sense. Did you correct the ch17(i think) easy pq in destro elf as i have gold from that prior as well.
The PQs of Dark Elf Chapter 17 are in the Isle of Dead ^^ So I guess you are talking about the PQ Loryndaal in Dark Elf Chapter 16 in Caledor. If yes, then yes I corrected it this weekend so it will be fixed next patch :)
Head DB Developer

Anaehll: Shaman 40 RR 8x - Of Sorrow and Death
Anaehl: Sorceress 40 RR 4x - Of Sorrow and Death
Lheanaa: Archmage 40 RR 8x - TeamPsy
Lheaana: Bright Wizard 40 RR 5x - TeamPsy

Ads
dansari

Post#12 » Tue Nov 07, 2017 6:55 pm

odd wrote:A more direct question would be: If a group of 3 did a hard PQ, would the chance for gold bag to drop be the same as if a group of 6 did it?
Probably not. The game recognizes more players are completing it so it will reward more bags, and bags of higher quality.
<Salt Factory>

Hargrim
Developer

Post#13 » Tue Nov 07, 2017 7:20 pm

You probably won't be able to do a Chapter 22 Hard PQ with a 6man.

peterthepan3

Post#14 » Tue Nov 07, 2017 7:26 pm

Hargrim wrote:You probably won't be able to do a Chapter 22 Hard PQ with a 6man.
Typo? We tested them with a 6man without boss abilities ofc, and they are testing, but doable with a 6man. Unless the intention is to make it not so, in which case it will just promote zerging the PQs up.

Feel free to correct me if I am mistaken.

Hargrim
Developer

Post#15 » Tue Nov 07, 2017 8:47 pm

peterthepan3 wrote:
Hargrim wrote:You probably won't be able to do a Chapter 22 Hard PQ with a 6man.
Typo? We tested them with a 6man without boss abilities ofc, and they are testing, but doable with a 6man. Unless the intention is to make it not so, in which case it will just promote zerging the PQs up.

Feel free to correct me if I am mistaken.
You tested it with 6man because getting a 12 man or 24 man to test PvE is almost impossible.

Everything is zergable and will be zerged at release ;).

peterthepan3

Post#16 » Tue Nov 07, 2017 8:50 pm

We tested it with a 6man because we assumed the PQ would be molded around doing it as a group. Is it to be done with 12/24?

Not moaning by the way, my point was just that such PQs seem really interesting with a group, the mechanics are hard, the timers must be watched, but it's really fun. I just don't want lolzerging to become norm/expected, as it could end up negating the difficulty/mechanics (look at the Ruin PQs which just got steamtrained by whole WBs, rendering the 'mechanics'/objectives null.

Hargrim
Developer

Post#17 » Tue Nov 07, 2017 8:56 pm

But they will be zerged, regardless of what kind of mechanic we use or introduce.