Recent Topics

Ads

Healing in RvR - renown

Let's talk about... everything else
kyrontor

Re: Healing in RvR - renown

Post#41 » Tue Nov 21, 2017 11:23 am

Also why a healer gets 0 renown for healing someone that hasn't killed anyone, while a dps gets renown for killing some enemy that hasn't killed anyone either, is beyond my understanding.

Ads
Coma

Post#42 » Tue Nov 21, 2017 11:44 am

kyrontor wrote:Also why a healer gets 0 renown for healing someone that hasn't killed anyone, while a dps gets renown for killing some enemy that hasn't killed anyone either, is beyond my understanding.
while I agree that healer's renown need to be looked at... THIS ia absolutely right... if you get renown for the simple act of healing regardless of what your target is doing that you could simply farm renown by having a BW/Sorc proc combustion with targetless skill... or by having someone jumping off a cliff

Jinxypie

Post#43 » Tue Nov 21, 2017 12:47 pm

Made it to 70 mostly as a healer, but when i speced dps i felt like its double rr weekend again :lol:
DoK RR80+, Chosen RR80+, Choppa RR70+, SH RR75+ WP RR65+

covenn

Post#44 » Tue Nov 21, 2017 12:50 pm

Jinxypie wrote:Made it to 70 mostly as a healer, but when i speced dps i felt like its double rr weekend again :lol:
Sadly, that is exactly how I feel playing DPS. Even in group I get way more renown as a damage dealer than I get healing.

Solo DPSing is like 3-4x renown weekend. lol
Last edited by covenn on Tue Nov 21, 2017 12:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Irony - Phoenix Throne (on live)

Currently playing order

SilverWF
Suspended

Post#45 » Tue Nov 21, 2017 12:52 pm

Kordie wrote:You get better RR and more tokens as a solo dps than as a healer in a group thats getting lots of kills. So even when you group your returns are lower than the rest of your group.
True dat
Yesterday played at my Magus, was solo.
Oh man, it was like I'm sitting on oil, while mindless zerg are stays under it.
Yes, died a lot, but killed even more.
I have a healers too (not bad healers I think). God, I has never got anything close to that Magus RR/inf numbers, while playing healer, even in good groups, not talking about solo even.

And I feel myself bad for that healers, who healed me sometimes and ressing me. Because OoG healer gets very low amount renown for this and absolutely zero amount of Inf.
And this is wrong.
Bretin: "destru classes are in general better for solo play" :lol:
A lot of addons here | Just a few T3 vids from live game | Remove IP-blocking at forum!

covenn

Post#46 » Tue Nov 21, 2017 1:20 pm

Like I just saved a BW that got jumped by a WE. Quick reaction time and pumped a bunch of heals into him. 0 renown for my efforts. Not even assist renown.

Why bother? I am better off just trying to kill the WE myself.

Currently playing order

Sulorie

Post#47 » Tue Nov 21, 2017 3:02 pm

Originally you got RP for healing everyone, who participated in killing an enemy player.
Dying is no option.

Foomy44

Post#48 » Tue Nov 21, 2017 3:18 pm

Coma wrote:
kyrontor wrote:Also why a healer gets 0 renown for healing someone that hasn't killed anyone, while a dps gets renown for killing some enemy that hasn't killed anyone either, is beyond my understanding.
while I agree that healer's renown need to be looked at... THIS ia absolutely right... if you get renown for the simple act of healing regardless of what your target is doing that you could simply farm renown by having a BW/Sorc proc combustion with targetless skill... or by having someone jumping off a cliff

Obvious fix for part of that (not saying easy, no idea of what kinda workload it would be for devs) would be that you only get RR if the damage you are healing came from an enemy in RvR, or maybe only on a character that's in combat (assuming BW casting on nothing does not put him in combat, never played one). Not perfect but would fix the more obvious exploits, and devs are pretty good about banning people from different reams that farm each other for renown from what I've seen.
Destro: Chompy, ShroomStew, TrollBlood, DoomBeast, DoomDoctor, DoomDisk, Doomshadow, FunkFoot, Bloodwell
Order: Stormwall, Mistfall, CatNap, BoomRune, Bangman

Ads
NSKaneda

Post#49 » Tue Nov 21, 2017 3:40 pm

As far as I remember back on live it was the healers that generated significant renown and it was in the interest of tanks and (especially) dps to group up with them - solo healer could get up to thrice the amount of renown more per scenario than tanks and dps.

In RoR, from what I see and have experienced tanks are finally being rewarded for doing their job (big purple numbers for guard swapping, taunting and challenging not to mention HtL which works on everyone behind and is a real contri/renown magnet), DPSers get their fair share but why healing is not rewarded more in rvr is dubious at best (after all healers should heal and res allies first, chase dps and kb numbers second and their primary role is to keep those around them alive, not to wait for them to die only to score higher contri with ressing or higher renown with dpsing) since rewards are better for going dps or hybrid...

I wouldn't have a problem with renown for heals calculations based on group / warband only IF other classes skills worked with the same limitations. Auras. Group buffs. Debuffs. AOE dmg. (Chosen/Kotbs being ahead of the renown game in RoR comes to mind).
Not to mention the fact that it's rewarded better to run, say, mdps DoK with Devour Essence in funnel than trying to heal people in the same funnel.
RoR: Burszui SH, Ropopuch SHM<|[]|>Ginnar IB, Vidarr HMR, Runatyr RP ++ REV guild ++
Live: Karak Izor -> Karak Norn - Yarpaen IB, Ginnarr SL, Volundr ENG +Ithilmar's Chosen+
* * * playing 19 classes - running out of char slots * * *

covenn

Post#50 » Tue Nov 21, 2017 4:01 pm

Foomy44 wrote: Obvious fix for part of that (not saying easy, no idea of what kinda workload it would be for devs) would be that you only get RR if the damage you are healing came from an enemy in RvR, or maybe only on a character that's in combat (assuming BW casting on nothing does not put him in combat, never played one). Not perfect but would fix the more obvious exploits, and devs are pretty good about banning people from different reams that farm each other for renown from what I've seen.
BWs can keep combustion and self damage up without being in combat but I assume a check already exists for 'in combat' because the morale goes away if you aren't fighting something.

I think the current scenario situation is done perfectly and shouldn't change at all. Basically everyone gets equal renown for the combat they were involved in. It is just open world were it breaks completely down and screws healers over pretty significantly.

Currently playing order