Recent Topics

Ads

Healing in RvR - renown

Let's talk about... everything else
SilverWF
Suspended

Re: Healing in RvR - renown

Post#71 » Wed Nov 22, 2017 3:28 pm

No will to play healers atm - Tzintch doesn't allows me to heal for free.

"A coin for the Raven God."
Bretin: "destru classes are in general better for solo play" :lol:
A lot of addons here | Just a few T3 vids from live game | Remove IP-blocking at forum!

Ads
covenn

Post#72 » Fri Dec 01, 2017 4:06 am

IT seems like doing DPS = more contribution as well as more renown. Even things like defense ticks. Seems broken as hell.
Irony - Phoenix Throne (on live)

Currently playing order

Ridduk

Post#73 » Fri Dec 01, 2017 5:57 am

covenn wrote:IT seems like doing DPS = more contribution as well as more renown. Even things like defense ticks. Seems broken as hell.
^

Zintair

Post#74 » Fri Dec 01, 2017 6:04 am

covenn wrote:IT seems like doing DPS = more contribution as well as more renown. Even things like defense ticks. Seems broken as hell.
This when I played my healer these pst two weeks I found I needed to DoT before healing to ensure I was gaining some rr and exp. I just didn't like the way I needed to alter my play style to ensure I was actually progressing. And I join the public war bands. Otherwise I'd have to just sit at a BO and mindlessly watch the ticks go by.

I've rolled a tank instead honestly because of this I'm glad covenn who I've fought WAYYY to many times has brought this to the table. He was a great and knowledgeable RP and not given to overexxageration.

Definitely worth taking a look at this.
Phoenix Throne - Bad Moon Officer - Black Guard / Chosen

ROR - Zinn SM 34/34 // Zindaddy RP
Montague

Smellybelly

Post#75 » Fri Dec 01, 2017 6:39 am

If i play my WP i have to super close to the enemy warband and use smite/aoe dmg as a healer to gain a little tiny bit extra renown per kill, otherwise its nothing at all or a tick of a few points at best if i keep my people healed but do no damage at all.

This is not a fun and rewarding playstyle.
Granted as a WP i MUST go up and hit something, somehow every now and then to build extra RF and thats fine but the lack of reward for doing as the WB leader tells me (stand back, safely and heal) yields me almost nothing.

szejoza

Post#76 » Fri Dec 01, 2017 9:05 am

Smellybelly wrote:Granted as a WP i MUST go up and hit something, somehow every now and then to build extra RF and thats fine but the lack of reward for doing as the WB leader tells me (stand back, safely and heal) yields me almost nothing.
Then your leader must be bad :D you should have people in team that will feed you kills when you are keeping them alive ;)

On a serious note - I noticed that problem as well, as I was trying different classes. I hated the moment when I stumbled upon WH losing a fight against chosen and did my best healing him which ultimately led to chosen death just to know I got no reward for that. But obviously it's a problem for PUGs, healers in organised warbands should have no problem with that (but still, there is close to no reason to heal outside of your party/wb
Spoiler:

Ugle

Post#77 » Fri Dec 01, 2017 10:32 am

20rp for kills in group. yay.
inactive

rithien

Post#78 » Fri Dec 01, 2017 11:46 am

Yeah something does seem a little off. Was just on during early NA hours when not a lot of destro was on and ended up just randomly following around some 6 man premade on my 22 dok since there was no WB. I got anywhere from 70-90xp/25-40 renown for helping heal them out of group when they got a kill, but to my surprise when only a SM was left i got like 4k xp/800 renown chasing him down hitting him with fist of khaine for 20-30 damage a hit ; ;

Ads
Harkanor

Post#79 » Fri Dec 01, 2017 11:51 am

Instead, i think a renown bonus for tanks woud be quite fair. Sometimes you have no choice but to play solo when no wb is up. That's why lots of tanks play 2H in order to make some kills and then get critisized for it by other players.

Egoish

Post#80 » Fri Dec 01, 2017 12:59 pm

I hadn't noticed this until i saw this thread so i went out and played my mara in pugs for a bit. Now i did rr20-40 on my zealot during the double xp weekend in about 7 hours of guild warband play, my mara went from 29-39 in about 5 hours of game time during standard reward time.

However i have noticed i rarely get above 20 renown rewards on the zealot, and the ticks above 20 are the bo defense rewards of 100-200 renown. My mara often gets rewards of 100-200 for kills and its not unusual to see ticks of 800-900 for bo defense.

This can't be intended?