Recent Topics

Ads

Healing in RvR - renown

Let's talk about... everything else
covenn

Healing in RvR - renown

Post#1 » Fri Nov 17, 2017 2:27 pm

As a healer, when fighting open world I see very little in the way of kill/assist renown but a whole lot of random 20pt ticks for healing people in the warband or outside of it. Healing and renown worked differently in live as at times you could see pretty decent rewards. For example, if i came across a solo WH fighting two enemies and kept him alive while he killed them, I could see several hundred renown each for my effort despite us not being grouped. I don't really care because I am going to have fun regardless, but I just wanted to know if this 20pt tick for healing was done with intent this way (ie capped to prevent some sort of exploit or due to some balance issue) or if it was something I should report as a bug. Note: This is not the BO ticking, it occurs without ever going to a BO in a zone and when not standing in one as long as you are fighting.

Also ...sorry if this is the wrong place to post this. Seemed sort of 'general' to me.
Irony - Phoenix Throne (on live)

Currently playing order

Ads
Zegota

Re: Healing in RvR - renown

Post#2 » Fri Nov 17, 2017 2:44 pm

Out of group leeching was fixed long time ago. Now it promotes grouping up.

Manatikik

Post#3 » Fri Nov 17, 2017 2:46 pm

20 rp is the minimum rp you can gain (unless you have DR); so be happy you weren't here a month or so ago or you'd be getting 1 rp per tick. Join a group to get good renown as a healer.
<Montague><Capulet>

Sulorie

Post#4 » Fri Nov 17, 2017 2:53 pm

On the other side there is little incentive to heal anyone outside of your group.
Dying is no option.

covenn

Post#5 » Fri Nov 17, 2017 3:12 pm

Zegota wrote:Out of group leeching was fixed long time ago. Now it promotes grouping up.
Sorry, judging by the responses I wasn't entire clear. This is happening grouped up as well and healing within warband.

Thanks for the clarification on the out of group healing though.

Currently playing order

covenn

Post#6 » Fri Nov 17, 2017 3:13 pm

Sulorie wrote:On the other side there is little incentive to heal anyone outside of your group.
Is this true even for healing someone outside of group and within warband?

I see what you mean though either way. Better to put on jazz hands (I am an RP) and dps than heal.

Currently playing order

Manatikik

Post#7 » Fri Nov 17, 2017 3:21 pm

covenn wrote:
Zegota wrote:Out of group leeching was fixed long time ago. Now it promotes grouping up.
Sorry, judging by the responses I wasn't entire clear. This is happening grouped up as well and healing within warband.

Thanks for the clarification on the out of group healing though.
The more people that are involved in killing someone the less renown they're worth per person. So if half your WB hits one guy his 200 RPs or whatever is being divided by at least 12 people.
<Montague><Capulet>

SilverWF
Suspended

Post#8 » Fri Nov 17, 2017 3:29 pm

Back to live, if some guy killing another guy and you are healing the 1st one - you've got the same amount exp/rr/inf like that was you, who killed the 2nd guy alone. And in big battles there was just a small but constant RR gain.
But here... After a big battle while playing off healer, I'm checking my battle log and see literally zero extra RR, even if healing, saving and ressing every1 around.
Healer off group is limited by some restrictions.
Healer inside a group is limited in his RP gain by number of groupmates.
So, basically, being a healer is punishing in the any way.
I can't blame anymore another healers for ignoring anyone around, not ressing or even speccing to DD they are getting more profits in that way or just not wasting their time for nothing...
Bretin: "destru classes are in general better for solo play" :lol:
A lot of addons here | Just a few T3 vids from live game | Remove IP-blocking at forum!

Ads
Druin
Former Staff

Post#9 » Fri Nov 17, 2017 4:24 pm

Yeah bring back the live times, when you were standing in the zerg with WP spamming AoE heal and making 3 renown ranks in 30mins, while being absolutely useless.
Pretty much always afk or tabbed out.

Bozzax

Post#10 » Fri Nov 17, 2017 4:24 pm

No renown from out of party healing is intentionally left out by devs I think viewtopic.php?f=8&t=879&p=11563&hilit=R ... ool#p11563
A reasonable RvR system that could make the majority happy http://imgur.com/HL6cgl7