Recent Topics

Ads

why is the leveling so painfully slow?

Let's talk about... everything else
AxelF

Re: why is the leveling so painfully slow?

Post#21 » Sat Nov 18, 2017 2:56 pm

wargrimnir wrote:
Darks63 wrote:
wargrimnir wrote:
Rather frustrating from a development perspective. Sometimes incentives do absolutely nothing against long standing habit. We put in a fair amount of work to make Elf and Dwarf RvR zones more playable.
The main issue is how lazy of a map it is atm which encourages camping and zerging. Bringing back the Norsca Bo could help force movement on both sides and split the zerg a bit. At the very least it would give destro an option like order have with Nordland XII bo.
That's not the issue at all. We straight up disabled Nordland for a couple weeks to get people into Dwarf/Elf zones, and people still insisted on fighting each other at Festenplatz, despite gaining absolutely nothing. At least the glacier has slowly started moving. If we added a BO in Norsca, I'd imagine it would largely go ignored, and prolong the zone indefinitely.
I suspect that a good part of the reason that people congregate in Nordland and Festenplatz in particular is because it's fun. It's a very short run back to the action from either WC unlike some zones, and there's nearly always a good back and forwards. The fact that people would rather fight than stand basically afk on a BO 3 or 4 mins run from a respawn point either waiting for 1 or 2 enemy to arrive and get annihilated, or 2 groups to arrive and wipe you is no surprise at all.

In Elf and Dwarf you can wait 10 or 15 mins (or much longer) for a fight to arrive and it's usually over in seconds, with either then a long wait for another group, or a long run back. In Nordland and Platz in particular you are guaranteed to find a fight in about 20 seconds, and can usually find a pretty even one as it's nice and open. The most fun in T1 is the back and forwards for 20/30 mins at a time with no side ever wiping the other totally and ending the fight. That's just impossible in Elf/Dwarf due to the way the lakes are designed.

Personally I enjoy fighting in Elf/Dwarf for a change, but it's not rocket science why Nordland is so popular. As you said, even if you disable rewards there people are still going to congregate there as it's far and away the best chance of getting a fun fight.

Ads
CegeePegee
Former Staff

Post#22 » Sat Nov 18, 2017 9:58 pm

If you want to know why PLing has been nerfed so hard, go back a page and read Darrell's post. It's long but I couldn't have put it any better myself. He gets it.

Manatikik

Post#23 » Sat Nov 18, 2017 10:59 pm

CegeePegee wrote:If you want to know why PLing has been nerfed so hard, go back a page and read Darrell's post. It's long but I couldn't have put it any better myself. He gets it.
I'm still convinced you only nerfed it to taunt me about it in discord.
<Montague><Capulet>

Fallenkezef

Post#24 » Sat Nov 18, 2017 11:29 pm

AxelF wrote:
wargrimnir wrote:
Darks63 wrote:The main issue is how lazy of a map it is atm which encourages camping and zerging. Bringing back the Norsca Bo could help force movement on both sides and split the zerg a bit. At the very least it would give destro an option like order have with Nordland XII bo.
That's not the issue at all. We straight up disabled Nordland for a couple weeks to get people into Dwarf/Elf zones, and people still insisted on fighting each other at Festenplatz, despite gaining absolutely nothing. At least the glacier has slowly started moving. If we added a BO in Norsca, I'd imagine it would largely go ignored, and prolong the zone indefinitely.
I suspect that a good part of the reason that people congregate in Nordland and Festenplatz in particular is because it's fun. It's a very short run back to the action from either WC unlike some zones, and there's nearly always a good back and forwards. The fact that people would rather fight than stand basically afk on a BO 3 or 4 mins run from a respawn point either waiting for 1 or 2 enemy to arrive and get annihilated, or 2 groups to arrive and wipe you is no surprise at all.

In Elf and Dwarf you can wait 10 or 15 mins (or much longer) for a fight to arrive and it's usually over in seconds, with either then a long wait for another group, or a long run back. In Nordland and Platz in particular you are guaranteed to find a fight in about 20 seconds, and can usually find a pretty even one as it's nice and open. The most fun in T1 is the back and forwards for 20/30 mins at a time with no side ever wiping the other totally and ending the fight. That's just impossible in Elf/Dwarf due to the way the lakes are designed.

Personally I enjoy fighting in Elf/Dwarf for a change, but it's not rocket science why Nordland is so popular. As you said, even if you disable rewards there people are still going to congregate there as it's far and away the best chance of getting a fun fight.
I've found that people warband to fight in Nordland and then just ignore Dwarf and Elf untill Nordland unlocks.

Maybe having only 3 BOs in Dwarf and Elf would help?
Alea iacta est

SilverWF
Suspended

Post#25 » Sat Nov 18, 2017 11:35 pm

Fallenkezef wrote:Maybe having only 3 BOs in Dwarf and Elf would help?
Nah, Nordland is much smaller than another zones, so doubt it.
Bretin: "destru classes are in general better for solo play" :lol:
A lot of addons here | Just a few T3 vids from live game | Remove IP-blocking at forum!

CegeePegee
Former Staff

Post#26 » Sun Nov 19, 2017 3:15 pm

Manatikik wrote:
CegeePegee wrote:If you want to know why PLing has been nerfed so hard, go back a page and read Darrell's post. It's long but I couldn't have put it any better myself. He gets it.
I'm still convinced you only nerfed it to taunt me about it in discord.
Oh that? That is just a fringe benefit ;)