Recent Topics

Ads

Class representation in Order and Destro

Let's talk about... everything else
schizo

Class representation in Order and Destro

Post#1 » Sun Nov 19, 2017 3:56 pm

This is just something I've been curious about for a while. From what I've noticed, Order has more RDPS and healers than Destro, while Destro has more MDPS and tanks.

In Order, if we sort classes by the total number of players playing them in descending order, it'll be RDPS -> MDPS -> Healers -> Tanks.

For Destro: MDPS -> RDPS -> Tanks -> Healers.

For Order, the class I see most often, would probably be Engineer. Least often - Slayer.

For Destro, I can't really say that one particular class appears more often than the others, but the least played class seems to be DoC.

These are my observations based on my experience in the game. I would like others to correct me if I'm wrong, and share their views.

Ads
faiden

Re: Class representation in Order and Destro

Post#2 » Sun Nov 19, 2017 4:27 pm

Engineers are are OP we all know it. Thats why you wont see a lot of magus players around. Order has always favored Ranged DPS and Destro Melee.
faiden@Quakenet#martys_square
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LRq_SAu ... tu.be&t=73
https://www.twitch.tv/faidentv
Patch Notes 7/1/17 wrote:- Bugman's Best now heals group members instead of all allies

peterthepan3

Post#3 » Sun Nov 19, 2017 4:54 pm

faiden wrote:Engineers are are OP we all know it. Thats why you wont see a lot of magus players around. Order has always favored Ranged DPS and Destro Melee.
That's funny because they really, really aren't.
The reason you don't see as many magus is: a) you don't have a roleplay guild as popular as Bitterstone Thunderers; b) the engineer 'rotation' is easier to do, doesn't necessitate perfect timestamp rotations.

Aurandilaz

Post#4 » Sun Nov 19, 2017 5:30 pm

SW might be the "easiest" rdps in game, that is, they don't have to manage a pet, don't have to watch whether they are suiciding because of career mechanic and aren't as stationary as magus/engi. Just hop in, and hit something, switch stances a bit maybe regarding situation.
I don't know about the differences between Magus and Engi, but the amount of Dawi roleplayers must be hundredfold higher than those of Chaos roleplayers, therefore engis outnumbers Magi easy peasy.
Between Sorc and BW, it's easy to say that BW still has rdps that actually hits compared to Sorc lacking any mechanic to deal with high disrupt (Echo of Power is shaite).

Maras and WL are quite numerous, with WL having better fast burst and mobility, but Mara having about any debuff one might need to wear out the target and solid damage. WE/WH are still bottom of the barrel and worst pick you can have either for WB or 6man, as for Choppa/Slayer they are somewhat mediocre compared to Mara/WL.

Considering how SW and BW have hard CC, that is ranged knockdown from distance, it is no wonder why many choose to play those classes. Destro who want to dps and have good CC will pick mdps, or go loldps tank.

Fallenkezef

Post#5 » Sun Nov 19, 2017 5:41 pm

Magus locks you into Tzeentch. Allot of roleplayers on chaos prefer other gods. My Chosen is a Nurgle follower.
Alea iacta est

Coma

Post#6 » Sun Nov 19, 2017 6:38 pm

Aurandilaz wrote:SW might be the "easiest" rdps in game, that is, they don't have to manage a pet, don't have to watch whether they are suiciding because of career mechanic and aren't as stationary as magus/engi. Just hop in, and hit something, switch stances a bit maybe regarding situation.
I don't know about the differences between Magus and Engi, but the amount of Dawi roleplayers must be hundredfold higher than those of Chaos roleplayers, therefore engis outnumbers Magi easy peasy.
Between Sorc and BW, it's easy to say that BW still has rdps that actually hits compared to Sorc lacking any mechanic to deal with high disrupt (Echo of Power is shaite).

Maras and WL are quite numerous, with WL having better fast burst and mobility, but Mara having about any debuff one might need to wear out the target and solid damage. WE/WH are still bottom of the barrel and worst pick you can have either for WB or 6man, as for Choppa/Slayer they are somewhat mediocre compared to Mara/WL.

Considering how SW and BW have hard CC, that is ranged knockdown from distance, it is no wonder why many choose to play those classes. Destro who want to dps and have good CC will pick mdps, or go loldps tank.
for SW you don't even need to swap stances... pratically all utility are in skirmish... and that is also where you get mobility... at most you can switch to Assault for a quick disarm if your KD is on CD or to scout for silence (but most people just prefer to use KD on caster rather than wast time by switching stance and be locked in scout for 5 seconds...)

HissiCNesS

Post#7 » Sun Nov 19, 2017 6:46 pm

Unfortunately u can't get proper armor appearance of the other chaos gods :( so u end up coloring Tzeentch themed armor in red, green or pink respectively to which one of the other chaos gods u pledge allegiance. =/ if there would only be... ;P
Crondar Ravenclaw (MA) / Rennoc Fleshtearer (BG)
Adrovar Warpbender (MG) / Kurgog Gorkamork (BO)

Wigbrand Jaeger (WH) / Lorandriel Moonfang (SW)
Belenos Endovelicus (BW) / Brawlgrim Thunderaxe (SL)

AVENGE THE DEAD, FREE THE ENSLAVED!

madmatics

Post#8 » Sun Nov 19, 2017 9:39 pm

Fallenkezef wrote:Magus locks you into Tzeentch. Allot of roleplayers on chaos prefer other gods. My Chosen is a Nurgle follower.
Diagree. Magus locks you into Slaneesh for providing the most masochist gameplay of all classes in RoR...

Ads
szejoza

Post#9 » Sun Nov 19, 2017 10:29 pm

If only magi had the option to move on foot...
Spoiler:

SilverWF
Suspended

Post#10 » Sun Nov 19, 2017 10:35 pm

Aurandilaz wrote:I don't know about the differences between Magus and Engi, but the amount of Dawi roleplayers must be hundredfold higher than those of Chaos roleplayers, therefore engis outnumbers Magi easy peasy.
Engi has a gun! :D
Engi has not bad AA (Magus didn't), but a bit lesser range than Magus.
Engi can heal him self pretty well and even closest groupmembers, while Magus cant (didn't even remember about lol-wounds buff, that equals to 3 ticks of keg and has 1min cd).
Both of them able to provide great AOE-pressure and even St burst (once per year), but both of them are last target to guard or focus heal :D
Last edited by SilverWF on Sun Nov 19, 2017 10:36 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Bretin: "destru classes are in general better for solo play" :lol:
A lot of addons here | Just a few T3 vids from live game | Remove IP-blocking at forum!