Recent Topics

Ads

What class should I pick ?

Let's talk about... everything else
Eisboleas

What class should I pick ?

Post#1 » Wed Nov 22, 2017 7:06 pm

Hello everyone,
I am new here, its my first time playing this game and I want to know which class suits me best. I usually play assassin class but here idk. Which is the best class for PvP / Big fights that fits the assassin gameplay ?
Last edited by Eisboleas on Thu Nov 23, 2017 4:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"If you want to know who you are, you have to look at your real self and acknowledge what you see."

Darkenya [WE]

Ads
SilverWF
Suspended

Re: Class chose

Post#2 » Wed Nov 22, 2017 7:09 pm

This is impossible to be an assasin in BIG fights. It's only possible in the Ubisoft games, against blind and stupid monsters.

But you can try Witch Hunter or Witch Elf - they both has invis and more or less are fits an "assasin" term. But both are sucks hard in the big fights.
Bretin: "destru classes are in general better for solo play" :lol:
A lot of addons here | Just a few T3 vids from live game | Remove IP-blocking at forum!

Telen
Suspended

Post#3 » Wed Nov 22, 2017 7:18 pm

Its pretty easy to level a few characters to lvl 10. You'll have the mechanics of the class by then and get a feel for it.
If you usually play stabby characters why not try something totally different for a change of pace. A kiting class or a tank.

tazdingo

Post#4 » Wed Nov 22, 2017 7:27 pm

witch elf and witch hunter are nit very effective assassins

squig herder or shadow warrior fit that archetype best. skirmishing, hit and run. harassing squishies

SilverWF
Suspended

Post#5 » Wed Nov 22, 2017 7:42 pm

tazdingo wrote:witch elf and witch hunter are nit very effective assassins

squig herder or shadow warrior fit that archetype best. skirmishing, hit and run. harassing squishies
Probably, you didn't know what is assassin means...
A lot of addons here | Just a few T3 vids from live game | Remove IP-blocking at forum!

ToXoS

Post#6 » Wed Nov 22, 2017 8:48 pm

There is no assassin classes in this game.
In every other MMO with a classic assassin, you can use stealth on a very short CD and have the biggest melee burst, while ofc being squishy.
Here, both WE and WH don't have the best melee burst. Stealth has a rather long CD (30 sec), so basically you can only use your class mechanic every 30 sec.
During this time, you're exposed just like any other mdps, except that you're light armored and always focused ofc.

Edit: and tbh, I don't even know why WE is a stealth class in the first place. Lore-wise, on the battlefield they are basically choppas with 14 attacks/second and poisoned blades. But we all know here that this game doesn't care about the lore. And that's a shame, because imo that's the best part of warhammer.

SilverWF
Suspended

Post#7 » Wed Nov 22, 2017 8:58 pm

ToXoS wrote:Edit: and tbh, I don't even know why WE is a stealth class in the first place. Lore-wise, on the battlefield they are basically choppas with 14 attacks/second and poisoned blades. But we all know here that this game doesn't care about the lore. And that's a shame, because imo that's the best part of warhammer.
Excuse me, but based on the Lore every1 would play Chosens and pwn every1 around with only one eye shot. This is MMO and it has some... rules, you know.

ToXoS

Post#8 » Wed Nov 22, 2017 9:06 pm

SilverWF wrote:
ToXoS wrote:Edit: and tbh, I don't even know why WE is a stealth class in the first place. Lore-wise, on the battlefield they are basically choppas with 14 attacks/second and poisoned blades. But we all know here that this game doesn't care about the lore. And that's a shame, because imo that's the best part of warhammer.
Excuse me, but based on the Lore every1 would play Chosens and pwn every1 around with only one eye shot. This is MMO and it has some... rules, you know.
I understand that, but I'm not talking about the power of a class here, just how it works. Giving stealth to WE is as supid as giving it to chosen or shaman.
Or just, if you want a druchii stealth class, pick an assassin or a shade or whatever really, but don't call it WE if it doesn't works as a WE.
But it's just me being a lorefag here, don't pay attention.

Ads
ToXoS

Post#9 » Wed Nov 22, 2017 9:47 pm

To answer you, if you want a class that can go into the melee, get a quick kill and go away, try White Lion.
It's a very fun and rewarding melee class to play, if you're not afraid by some pet management. Plus, having medium armor you will not melt instantly if your healers are awake.

Telen
Suspended

Post#10 » Wed Nov 22, 2017 9:58 pm

Well if you go by lore Archmage and Magus should wipe out a warband with a couple of spells.
Like in swtor you have dark council members. Mmo cant really follow lore.